Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Racing games for XB360?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Racing games for XB360?

Old 10-27-07, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is Burnout Paradise comming out and Why would I want to buy it?......I think I read that a new developer took it over?....Not 100% though......
Old 10-27-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by XROD
When is Burnout Paradise comming out and Why would I want to buy it?......I think I read that a new developer took it over?....Not 100% though......
January 22

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830577p1.html

Same developer, Criterion.
Old 10-28-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know alot of people don't like PGR3, but I still think it is a fun game to play. It is cheap too.
Old 10-28-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
I think I read there is no specific Crash Mode in Paradise. Weak sauce if true. That's easily the coolest mode outside the racing.
Old 10-28-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think I read there is no specific Crash Mode in Paradise. Weak sauce if true. That's easily the coolest mode outside the racing.
They have said it on the Criterion podcast, that there will be no crash mode in the traditional sense, since it's open world nothing is "staged" like Crash mode was. I'm disappointed too, crash mode was one of my favorite parts, but I will wait and see if the overall changes make Crash mode obsolete. It seems like they are changing the entire design approach for the open world racing, so we'll see how that changes the Burnout dynamic. I haven't listened to the last few podcasts, but I saw something about a "stunt mode."
Old 10-31-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,064 Likes on 644 Posts
I have been playing Burnout: Revenge and jeez, when did this game get so hard? I had this for the Xbox and the two before it and it never seemed as tough. Even the takedown mode seems a lot harder since the other cars can crash into the backs of traffic unaffected (which is the same as you).

The time trials are just absolutely killer if you want gold. You have to have your finger on boost the entire time and not crash once...which equals a perfect race...and then your are not even guaranteed gold. Burnout out makes my fingers hurt and makes me want to throw a controller...but I still keep coming back, bastards.
Old 10-31-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

The time trials are just absolutely killer if you want gold. You have to have your finger on boost the entire time and not crash once...which equals a perfect race...and then your are not even guaranteed gold. Burnout out makes my fingers hurt and makes me want to throw a controller...but I still keep coming back, bastards.
Exactly why it took me about 60 hours to master the game. Some of the time trials took me up to 2 hours each to get gold on.
Old 10-31-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I agree, the game is super tough to get gold. I can't get gold on many of the time trials. Silver is best I can do.