Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Eternal Sonata Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the stilted dialog sucks, but I don't think that's all RPGs, Blue Dragon didn't, for starters.
Old 10-03-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by flashburn
I just hit chapter 3 and I have also found this game to be extremely easy. Does it get more challenging in later chapters?
Blue Dragon is the same way - much too easy. Perhaps they were really trying to make it simple for us Americans??

Hopefully they'll do what Blue Dragon did and come out with a mod that makes the game harder.
Old 10-03-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I want to make Polka my love doll.
Old 10-03-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I want to make Polka my love doll.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Sonata
Polka, Age:14

You sir are going to jail!
Old 10-03-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikael79
Blue Dragon is the same way - much too easy. Perhaps they were really trying to make it simple for us Americans??

Hopefully they'll do what Blue Dragon did and come out with a mod that makes the game harder.
Didn't that mod already come out, downloadable via Live? I haven't even opened the game and I downloaded it yesterday.
Old 10-03-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
You sir are going to jail!
There's no age of consent in Chopin's dream world.
Old 10-03-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
There's no age of consent in Chopin's dream world.
Or Pixy's...
Old 10-09-07, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Anyone else still playing this? I'm pretty sure I'm at the last save of the game. The last boss I just fought was who I thought was going to be the end. I also just found the dungeon that has crazy hard enemies in it like most RPG's have now. I've gotten my characters up almost 20 levels from being in there. Close to level 80 now.
Old 10-09-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am.. but it looks like you've paseed me since I had been distracted by Geometry Wars Waves and Quake III over the weekend. I will probably play Waves for about half an hour when I get home and settled and then hit Eternal Sonata for the rest of the night.
Old 10-09-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the full extra dungeon or just finish the story. I'm guessing there's going to be an achievement for completing it but I'm already at the point where enemies anywhere but here are super easy. The reviews were pretty accurate with the completion time. I'm at 34 hours now. Even with the way I play I could have finished it around 30 without going to this last area.
Old 10-11-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the game last night. I'm pretty sure I got all the achievements that are possible with one play-through. I'd like to get impressions from others on the ending. It was very long and obscure. I don't think I fully understand what was going on. Overall an excellent game that I would suggest to any RPG player.
Old 10-11-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll get back to you on that hopefully by the weekend. I haven't been in a game playing mood all week for some reason, hopefully I can sit down tonight and do more than play three games of Geometry Wars.
Old 10-11-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went on the Gamefaqs boards and they seem to be equally confused on the ending as I am. I'd say it was about 30 minutes long. When you reach the first set of credits you're about half way done.
Old 10-12-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm confused about the range spells.
when u have a range attack, how do you know who you will be attacking with it?

same with the healing. sometimes the char heal themselves and sometimes it heals another char. how do u know before casting it?
Old 10-13-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Range spells will attack whoever you're facing from what I can tell. That may not be right though. Heal spells will heal whoever has the least HP within range. I didn't like how a lot of heal spells wouldn't heal yourself.
Old 10-20-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this game went from being super easy to frustratingly hard.
I'm stuck on the last boss of the pirate ship (Chapter 4).
I even grinded my chars to lvl 23 and still can't beat her.
what's the secret?
Old 10-21-07, 01:35 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by timewaster
this game went from being super easy to frustratingly hard.
I'm stuck on the last boss of the pirate ship (Chapter 4).
I even grinded my chars to lvl 23 and still can't beat her.
what's the secret?
Ah, Dolce. You'll love her, you get to fight her a couple more times!

Best advice I have for you is to keep Polka in light for Earth Heal and just bludgeon Dolce with your other two people. Kill her lackeys first because they can heal and stuff. You just have to go with a lot of items stocked up because she does A LOT of damage. Especially when she flanks a character. I was level 24 when I beat her and I had a relatively easy time of it.

Wait until the third time you fight her and she does her special attack from a distance. Yay!
Old 10-21-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going through that "secret" last dungeon right now (only on the second level so far). Have everyone at level 60. Pretty damn tough dungeon. But I like it. Have everyone at lv 60.

Spoiler:
except for Claves. Obviously.

(and you all can take Polka. I want March. Though she's only 8. And why is Chris Hansen outside my door?)

Last edited by wildcatlh; 10-21-07 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-21-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
Ah, Dolce. You'll love her, you get to fight her a couple more times!

Best advice I have for you is to keep Polka in light for Earth Heal and just bludgeon Dolce with your other two people. Kill her lackeys first because they can heal and stuff. You just have to go with a lot of items stocked up because she does A LOT of damage. Especially when she flanks a character. I was level 24 when I beat her and I had a relatively easy time of it.

Wait until the third time you fight her and she does her special attack from a distance. Yay!
yeah, she was very tough.
finally managed to beat her. had to use up alot of my item set
anyone else annoyed by the respawns everytime u leave and return back to the same area?
Old 10-21-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The pirate ship was the only place where the respawning annoyed me because there were so many doors. I liked it in other areas so I could level up.
Old 10-21-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Would you say this game is easy? I.e if I play it enough at the beginning of the game so that everyone is leveled up to level 60 or something, will I walk through the rest of the game?

Also what happens when you lose a battle? And is this turn-based? I hate action RPGs.
Old 10-21-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Man, I don't know if it's just that I've lost my patience with this kind of stuff, but the pauses when people are speaking in the cutscenes just kills me. Usually, they don't pause for dramatic effect or anything, they just do it to make the scene longer. I just got through when Frederic is questioning what reality was, and I almost couldn't take it. It's a shame too, because the voice acting seems pretty good otherwise.
Old 10-22-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mysterious Union question:

I'm at level 10 of the dungeon with all of the characters at level 68. How far up should I level up to be able to take on the last two bosses?

Also, somewhat related, does the above matter, because at the current pace, I'm gonna have to level up into the 90s to be able to buy the soul shard for 99 million G... is there an easier way to get that one?
Old 10-22-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Once you get to the higher levels (I think it's 11+), there are monsters that give you 3mil each time you fight them. It's the big guys with floating heads and hands. They make it pretty easy to get to 99mil for the purchase. Plus, they'll help you level up.

I found that they key to beating the bosses is harmony chains. I had my characters set up so that I could do a 6 string combo every time I attacked which included a healing spell. I was doing around 400k damage per attack. I was in the low 80's for level when I finished it. It's all about how fast you can kill them. I heard of people dieing with their levels in the 90's.
Old 10-27-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I've beaten the game. Took out Rondo with my chars at lvl 79, took out the final boss in the dungeon at lvl 81, and then the final boss was easy.

As for the ending.... the part during the first credits was... odd... but I liked the rest of the ending. Well, except for

Spoiler:
that weird caterpillar/snail thing

Will probably play through a second time at some point. Not quite yet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.