Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GameTable Online

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GameTable Online

The website GameTable Online is running a thing right now to build up their membership some (normally it is a monthly fee to play board games online through them) and they are offering free lifetime memberships with the only catch being you have to play 5 games a month against another human being. In other words even though many of the games let you play against an AI you have to play at least 5 against people.

Canis, Duster, and i signed up this evening and got in a game of Battle of the Bands. It was pretty fun, although the java interface will take some getting used to because it is kind of awkward. I could see this as being a valuable deal for people into board games.

They had a couple James Ernst games (Lord of the Fries and Kill Dr. Lucky) as well as 2 Reiner Knizia games (Vampire and Tigris & Euphrates) so there are some decent titles on there.

Either way, just passing on the info. They are only doing 700 free accounts like this.

http://www.gametableonline.com/index.php
Old 09-05-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While nobody may have cared the first time...

The site has now become free to everyone and in a recent email mentioned some new games they added. One in particular is something people have requested for Xbox Live.

The list:

Acquire
Axis & Allies
Guillotine
RoboRally
Vegas Showdown

I know people have mentioned wanting Axis and Allies on Live before. Guillotine i have played tabletop and it is a fun light card game. RoboRally was an early board game by the fellow who went on to design Magic: The Gathering. Vegas Showdown is supposedly very good and i own a copy but have never played.

So there you go. Some free games online if anyone cares.
Old 09-05-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I signed up seems pretty cool.
Old 09-05-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas Showdown, Acquire, and RoboRally are excellent games.