Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread - Part VII

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-07, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It can't die when you never put anything in it.
Yeah, I've only got a couple PS3 games and Blu-ray discs at this point...but hey, it's a great upscaling DVD Player!
Old 09-08-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It can't die when you never put anything in it.
Its been my hardest working piece of hardware since buying it. I use it as my main DVD player, Blu-ray player and I use it a lot for PS2 games. I can't give Sony a ton of credit for the PS3 as it looks to be a disaster for them as a gaming machine, but they did build it well.
Old 09-08-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Of course arguably, unless you're throwing PS3 games at it, it's not likely to be in danger of overheating, but it's irrelevant since the general consensus is that the PS3 is pretty reliable.
Old 09-09-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I've been trying to get my mom to grab a game controller since 1989 without avail. Today she played Wii Tennis and Bowling. Both my sisters (45 and 48-in-November) played (I don't think they've EVER played a video game) and my 13-year-old niece of course loved it. My niece is picking up a remote to come and play often and my sister is going to buy 2 more controllers for New Year's so that we have 4 to play. New Year's is going to be awesome

These are the games I'm getting. Nothing much really interests me right now, but a bunch of things that are going to be coming out are awesome.

Carnival Games
Gottlieb Pinball Collection
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Warioware Smooth Moves
Wii Play

And of course Wii Sports. That's going to be a killer game collection. I'll have them within the next three weeks. Other than that 2 games have me really excited: The stadium game collection coming out (i.e. discus throw) and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (1 wasn't really a mini-game collection, 2 is). I'm more into this kind of mini-game craze so the Wii's proving awesome for me.
Old 09-10-07, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Gottlieb Pinball Collection
That's already on Gamecube and can be found for about $10. I think you are referring to Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection which is due out early next year.
Old 09-10-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to vc-reviews.com, today's Virtual Console games are:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Sega Genesis - 800 Wii Points

NES Play Action Football - NES - 500 Wii Points

Neutopia II - TurboGrafx-16 - 600 Wii Points
Old 09-10-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ They're right.

VC Update for 9/10:
NES Play Action Football (NES®, 1-4 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): "Ready! Hut hut hut..." Nintendo takes to the gridiron with the classic football powerhouse NES Play Action Football. Featuring a distinct overhead viewpoint that creates an almost 3-D field, the action is more simulation-based than many of the more arcade-based games of the time. Play through four 15-minute quarters (in accelerated time) and even substitute players when your first-stringers get tired. Want more options? Each of the eight available teams has multiple running/passing plays to choose from while on offense, as well as a wide selection of defensive schemes that can be run when you're on the other side of the ball. And in addition to viewing two full teams on the screen at once without any slowdown, you'll hear voice snippets at key points of the game. Line up, and see if you have what it takes to win the Power Bowl.

Sonic the Hedgehog™ 3 (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): Sonic and Tails are back for another adventure as they again battle the evil Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik), who is desperately trying to collect all the Chaos Emeralds to rebuild his Death Egg. Our heroes must again find the Chaos Emeralds before Dr. Eggman does, but winning the race won't be easy this time – a new adversary, Knuckles the Echidna, has arrived on the scene and will do whatever he can to keep Sonic and Tails from reaching their goal. Grab all the golden rings, find various bonus zones and overcome Knuckles and Dr. Eggman as you rocket through the third chapter in Sonic's adventures.

Neutopia II (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): Experience improved graphics and controls in this exciting sequel to the action role-playing game Neutopia. Take on the role of the main hero's son and watch as the story begins with the apparent revival of Dirth, the evil demon. Once again you'll need to rely on your magic compass and the information you've gathered to find entrances to labyrinths and defeat the bosses in them. Make your way through the field, which can be tricky at times, to search for and find hidden information and items, or move blocks and destroy walls to uncover secret rooms. Like the original, this game has a save function, a finely tuned difficulty level and a fast-paced story, making it truly an RPG that everyone can enjoy.
Old 09-10-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved Play Action Football back in the day.... always played as the Niners then. Wonder what the team and player names will look like now.
Old 09-10-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's already on Gamecube and can be found for about $10. I think you are referring to Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection which is due out early next year.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/g...result;title;0
Old 09-10-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I stand corrrected. I was only aware of the sequel coming out. Didn't know they were re-releasing the first under the Wii brand.
Old 09-10-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I stand corrrected. I was only aware of the sequel coming out. Didn't know they were re-releasing the first under the Wii brand.
That one was released late last year I'll be picking up both, can't ever have too much pinball. And I have the PSP Gottlieb Collection also.
Old 09-10-07, 10:32 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Wii Zapper will come packaged with a game called Zelda Crossbow Training:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...ssbow-training
Old 09-10-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well that makes it a no-brainer then. Even if I never really use the zapper shell, Zelda-anything is always welcome in my home.
Old 09-10-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Wii Zapper will come packaged with a game called Zelda Crossbow Training:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...ssbow-training
No official announcement yet, so it's still technically a rumor. Sounds pretty credible, though.
Old 09-10-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool. I enjoyed the first one and have been trying to find it again on the Cube, but its really impossible to find. I will just buy both on the Wii.
Old 09-10-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Wii has now frozen three times, all in bowling, and it has me nervous because TRU probably has none in stock and I don't want to part with it in order to send it to Nintendo. Do you think it's the system or the game that has issues? I have it vertical without the base, could that be it?
Old 09-10-07, 04:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Vertical w/o the base doesn't seem like a good idea (is it even sanctioned in the manual?). It's quite possible that you're having old-fashioned disc-skipping. Try putting it horizontal or add the base and see if that corrects the issue.
Old 09-10-07, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't able to figure out how to put the base on I guess I'm going to have to read the manual.
Old 09-10-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay, now it's confirmed.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/ni...bow-298328.php

Nov. 19th - $20 - includes Link's Crossbow Training. Sounds like a no-brainer for that price.
Old 09-10-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
So the zapper shell comes with a game where the character doesn't even use a gun? Seems like an odd choice. They probably just want to milk Zelda a little and reuse music, 3D models, and possibly some code.
Old 09-10-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
I wasn't able to figure out how to put the base on I guess I'm going to have to read the manual.
It's easy even without the manual (i didn't read the manual). You stick the clear plastic piece on to the bottom of the base, then you slide the Wii on to the base (Incline down to the back -- so the wii is lifted up in the front and slants down in the back).
Old 09-10-07, 05:25 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
So the zapper shell comes with a game where the character doesn't even use a gun? Seems like an odd choice. They probably just want to milk Zelda a little and reuse music, 3D models, and possibly some code.
You do understand what a crossbow is, right?
Old 09-10-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
You do understand what a crossbow is, right?
Of course. Do you?
Old 09-10-07, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DodgingCars
It's easy even without the manual (i didn't read the manual). You stick the clear plastic piece on to the bottom of the base, then you slide the Wii on to the base (Incline down to the back -- so the wii is lifted up in the front and slants down in the back).
Thanks, that was the part that was confusing me, which way was front and back, got it in in a jiffy We'll have to have a few more rounds of bowling when the family comes over for Rosh Hashana on Wednesday
Old 09-10-07, 05:56 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Of course. Do you?
Yes, which is why I think it's an excellent pack-in for the zapper.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.