Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Customer Service is AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xbox Customer Service is AWESOME!

Warning - Long and Winded Rant - Warning

So I get a 360 wireless headset.. It worked pretty good but CONSTANTLY disconnected / reconnected with my system.. After dealing with it for over a month I decide to call to get it replaced..

They ask all my info (name, addy, xbox serial # etc), have me try a few things (using it with a different controller, etc).. After I do all that they agree to replace it..

I send it in with my AC adapter and get a package back a week later.. Excited to finally get back to wireless I rip the box open only to find just the headset.. No ac adapter..

Confused as to why they didn't see I sent my adapter in I call them up.. Give them all my freaking info again and told them I didn't get the charger.. She does the scripted stuff and says she will ship one out to me (after placing me on hold multiple times).

I was originally going to ask for next day since they screwed up but she was pleasant enough and I figured I could wait...

Yesterday I get the package.. I open it up and what do you konw.. Another wireless HEADSET with NO charger.. No I'm pissed.. This is freaking rediculous, right?

I call them up.. Freakin lady wants all my info again (including xbox serial #). I give her my name, addy, etc but say "don't you have my xbox serial"? I mean I gave it to you the first and second time I called. I'm not going through the trouble of flipping over my xbox when you have it already..

She gives me scripted lines over and over, puts me on hold over 20 minutes and comes back with "Ok sir.. We will ship you out the charger and you should receive it within 3-5 business days".

I come back with "I want this over nighted and if I have to talk with your supervisor please put them on". She says "OK sir. I understand but I would like to let you know that she will say the same thing."

She transfers me to her supervisor and what do you know.. She says the same thing "3-5 business days". I say "how is this good customer service? I buy your product.. It breaks. I send it in and a week later I get an incomplete replacement back.. I call and then a week later I get ANOTHER headset.. This is ridiculous.. I want this overnighted."

"Sorry sir.. We do not have that option. We can only do 3-5 business days. As a gift for your inconvenience you can keep the other wireless headset."

Me: "What am I going to do with two headsets and ONE charger??"

HER: "Is there anything else I can help you with today sir?"

Now that I know I have no chance of getting this I freaking lay into her and rip her a new one.. It had to be done to someone..

"Help me with?? You haven't helped me with ANYTHING.. How can you help me with something ELSE?? In fact.. This has been the furthest thing from help.. Thanks!"

Oh.. And no, they didn't ask me to send in the A/C adapter but they also didn't tell me not to..

End rant.
Old 04-19-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I have the other headset?
Old 04-19-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like a bad experience. How is it "awesome"?
Old 04-19-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Um... I was being sarcastic..

How about this.. Xbox Customer Service FREAKING BLOWS!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sarcasm. In your case, sarchasm.
Old 04-19-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I got a FREE wireless controller from MS when they bricked my console with an update and failed to fix it.

Just think, you got a second headset....you can get $20 for it I'm sure or give it to me since I asked first
Old 04-19-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i'd say its not too bad

i mean, the problem you've had with your wireless is a pretty common problem ( i own one too)

I'd do without my wireless headset to get another headset for free
Old 04-19-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i agree, your experience sucked. my advice, put the headsets up on ebay - somebody will pick them up.
Old 04-19-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
i'd say its not too bad

i mean, the problem you've had with your wireless is a pretty common problem ( i own one too)

I'd do without my wireless headset to get another headset for free
Not so bad? I buy a faulty product (strike 1). I get an incomplete product in return (strike 2). I get yet ANOTHER incomplete product (strike 3).

I seriously think that's unacceptable. I mean I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time but there is absolutely ZERO excuse the second time of not sending it..

Sure, two wireless headsets.. But only one charger.. And it's not like they're saying "Here have this wireless headset for you troubles." No, the freaking rocket scientist they have working there sent out the wrong freaking thing AGAIN.

They said keep it because they know I'd say for me to shove it up their ass if they asked me to return it.
Old 04-19-07, 10:07 AM

I'd have told em to shove it up thier asses after they sent the first one with no charger. You are far too patient with customer service people.
Old 04-19-07, 10:07 AM

I'm saying its "not so bad" because, essentially, they could have told you to fuck off and gave you nothing.

Obviously, that isn't the smartest thing on their behalf. I'm sure you would have rather it been rectified immediately, but all I'm saying is that it could have been much worse, such as a recent experience i had with a lemon-Ipod and THEIR customer service
Old 04-19-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tbird2340
Not so bad? I buy a faulty product (strike 1). I get an incomplete product in return (strike 2). I get yet ANOTHER incomplete product (strike 3).
To be fair - they didn't ask for the AC adapter in the first place and probably assumed you'd keep it and therefore upon receipt of the package you'd have a complete product.

I understand too that it isn't unreasonable for you to send the whole set as a product and I'd probably have made the same "mistake".

For them to not understand what you were talking about when you called back is inexcusable, but could simply be a miscommunication because, again, they aren't used to dealing with the AC adapter in this situation.
Old 04-19-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
To be fair - they didn't ask for the AC adapter in the first place and probably assumed you'd keep it and therefore upon receipt of the package you'd have a complete product.

I understand too that it isn't unreasonable for you to send the whole set as a product and I'd probably have made the same "mistake".

For them to not understand what you were talking about when you called back is inexcusable, but could simply be a miscommunication because, again, they aren't used to dealing with the AC adapter in this situation.
I agree with everything you said. The reason I sent it is because if I didn't, with my luck, they would say I had to..

I also agree with what you said about them not used to getting it back and therefor sending me just the headset.. That's why I was reasonable it happened the first time.

I lost all reason when they did it the second time.. NO EXCUSE
Old 04-19-07, 10:16 AM

pinata I agree in part. But Tbird certainly isn't an idiot so if he were to make this "mistake" then surely hundreds of actual morons would have as well. Therefore the people at MS customer service should expect to recieve charge units with the headsets.
Old 04-19-07, 10:19 AM

i don't know about all that...

when people go to exchange their 360s at a store location (eb or gamestop, etc), it's not like they bring in their hard drive and headset
Old 04-19-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
At this point I guess you should just keep repeating the cycle to see how many free headsets you can get and sell them all on ebay as someone above mentioned.
Old 04-19-07, 10:25 AM

They don't bring in thier Hard drive because that contains game saves and sytsem info from the old system. I hardly think that's the same thing as an AC adapter, who would have thought he would get only a headset to begin with? Shouldn't this sort of thing probably come in a retail package? That's what I'd assume anyhow.

And to be technical when people exchange an item in most cases stores require you to bring back all of the peices that constitute the full product for an exchange, but since the 360 has a hard disk with your saves and system info you're expected to keep that stuff, people learned extremely early in the life of the 360 that you should keep those items. If you go to xbox.com and look at the forums there are plenty of people who sent in hard drives with the 360 initially.
Old 04-19-07, 10:28 AM

so, in other words, "you'll learn quickly"
Old 04-19-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
They don't bring in thier Hard drive because that contains game saves and sytsem info from the old system. I hardly think that's the same thing as an AC adapter, who would have thought he would get only a headset to begin with? Shouldn't this sort of thing probably come in a retail package? That's what I'd assume anyhow.
Yea, that's exactly what I figured. I would get a new, retail packaged head set.. Instead you get a freaking box with a loose headset.. Kinda ghetto really..
Old 04-19-07, 10:39 AM

Yeah and I'm sure it's got old ear residue on it still as well Hopefully they changed the foam piece.
Old 04-19-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The rebate cheque that they sent me that I received on March 3 had to be cashed by February 17. I've called 8 times since the beginning of this whole rebate process, and the issue is still not solved. I am probably just going to complain to the BBB and quit. I am sick of calling those idiots at Microsoft.
Old 04-19-07, 11:32 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
another fanboy rant!
Old 04-19-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
another fanboy rant!
Wait a second... Does your girlfriend know your posting in a GAMING forum? Oh no you ditn't....
Old 04-19-07, 12:44 PM