Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO HD REMIX: Xbox 360 Live Arcade -Fall

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO HD REMIX: Xbox 360 Live Arcade -Fall

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix First Look
Capcom brings back a classic with a brand new look.

April 13, 2007 - At its Spring Gamer's Day conference held yesterday in San Francisco, Capcom revealed several new downloadable games as part of its digital initiative. Amongst them was a remake of the critically acclaimed Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, now with an HD Remix suffix in the hopes of making the longest title possible. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will be available for download on the Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and PC this fall.

The HD Remix visual additions will feature all new backgrounds created by Udon Entertainment (the company that makes the official US Street Fighter comics), support resolutions up to 1080p, and reworked effects on gems and break animations. Gameplay tweaks have been made as well, with new play modes including a spectator mode similar to the quarter mode in the XBLA release of Street Fighter II, reworked balance and online play.

Super Puzzle Figher II Turbo HD Remix was already up and running on the Xbox 360 at Capcom's event, ensuring that a fall release is certainly reasonable even with the somewhat delay happy history of the XBLA. Until then, take a look at the first movies and screens to get a feel for the new and improved look.

IGN.com
Old 04-14-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is the hotness! I loved this game for PS2, but sold it quite a while back for about $100.
Old 04-14-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Probably should have mentioned the PS3 version too

A HD version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is supposedly being done too.

Looking forward to Puzzle Fighter.
Old 04-14-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Probably should have mentioned the PS3 version too
there's a reason why I left that out.
Old 04-14-07, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A HD version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is supposedly being done too.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Announced

Ryu and company return to the XBLA this fall.

April 13, 2007 - Street Fighter II on the Xbox Live Arcade has generated more revenue than any other XBLA game, according to Capcom. That can only mean one thing; more Street Fighter games are on the way. Along with an updated version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Capcom announced its intentions to bring Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix to both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this fall.

Though Capcom did not have the game on hand to show the audience, they did promise that all of the art is being redrawn by Udon Entertainment so that it will look crisp and clean at resolutions up to 1080p. A few samples of what Capcom is aiming for were shown and it was quite easy to see the vast improvement in the level of detail and polish over the original graphics. Like Street Fighter II for XBLA, this remake will include both online and offline play for one or two players.

We'll have more on Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix when it's up and running.

IGN.com
Old 04-14-07, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Awesome - I built a MAME arcade machine with 3000+ games on it and ended up spending most of my time playing Super Puzzle Fighter.

Love that game. That's a definite purchase.
Old 04-14-07, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Hot damn!

I had major console envy when they released SF 2 Turbo on XBLA, and that was one of many reasons why I bought a 360. Reading this today has made me one very happy Street Fighter fan. To hear that Udon is working on the art for the game is even better news. Granted Capcom Fighting Jam was'nt the greatest game but the ending art was gorgeous.

I found this pic regarding SSF 2 Turbo's sprites..way too big to post.
http://img2.kult-mag.com/photos/00/0...00818216_2.jpg

Now if only they'd make SF 3 backward compatible!
Old 04-14-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Super Puzzle Fighter? I'm there. From all the screenshots it looks like it is basically done. What gives with the late release? Oh wait... this is XBLA where finished games are announced nine months before release.
Old 04-14-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
I love puzzle fighter.
Old 04-14-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More info thanks to Shoryuken.com

http://www.sirlin.net/archive/puzzle...2-turbo-in-hd/
The new Xbox 360 Live Arcade and PS3 versions of Puzzle Fighter and ST (aka Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo) were finally announced today, so I guess it’s fair game to say that I’ve been working on them. I’m doing my best to look after the little details of each game to make sure its what the players really want.

These games will finally be online and they’ll look a whole lot better than they ever did, but they’ll keep the same good gameplay they always had. Udon is providing most of the art, which absolutely great.

Puzzle Fighter will also have a new rebalanced mode with different drop patterns and damage adjustments that hopefully make the whole cast of characters playable, rather than just Ken and Donovan.

It’s too early to discuss any specific features of Street Fighter, but the tech and art are coming along. It probably seems like a simple affair from the outside to update these games, but it takes a lot of people to untangle the ancient secrets of Capcom programming, and make them work on a modern platform, with all the new features those platforms demand, and a lot of people to track down and redraw every little piece of art in the games.

I’ll do my best to nudge everyone along the right directions on these projects as long as I’m at Backbone.
Release Date: Fall 2007
Genre: Fighting
Platform: Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PLAYSTATION®Network
Rating: RP (Rating Pending)
Developer: Backbone Entertainment-Emeryville
Price: TBD

Game Description:
One of the most popular games of the early ‘90s is reborn! Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, originally developed by Capcom® for the arcade, makes its downloadable debut on the Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PLAYSTATION®Network. Capcom will stay true to the foundation of the popular game by utilizing the original game code, while creating a fresh upgraded experience with new artwork and high resolution 1080p graphics. All of the art will be completely redrawn and created by UDON Comics, which currently publishes the official Street Fighter comic and is responsible for the new contemporary look of the Street Fighter franchise.

Features:

* Features all eighteen of the original Super Street Fighter® II Turbo characters including Ryu, Guile, M. Bison and Akuma
* One to two player head-to-head play either offline or online
o Single player vs. CPU
o Player vs. player over the same console
o Player vs. player online
* Training mode helps fighters hone their skills
* Numerous online features:
o In-game voice chatting between players
o Matchmaking flexibility through multiple options:
+ Personal and friends statistics tracking
+ Worldwide rankings and leaderboards

This is great news indeed! Incase you guys don't know, David Sirlin is a real tournament player and knows more about SF games than the avg player so I have great confidence in this release.

When playing him online in SF2 Hyper Fighting he pointed out alot of bad things that went wrong with the first release. Since his company now has the rights to remake this game I am sure it's gonna be HOT!
Old 04-14-07, 12:04 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I never heard of this game. What's it like? The name and screenshots make it seem that it's a Street Fighter game (duh), but instead of hiting A-B-B-up-A to punch your opponent or block his kick, you solve a little puzzle (similar to Puzzle Quest). Is that accurate?
Old 04-14-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JasonF
I never heard of this game. What's it like? The name and screenshots make it seem that it's a Street Fighter game (duh), but instead of hiting A-B-B-up-A to punch your opponent or block his kick, you solve a little puzzle (similar to Puzzle Quest). Is that accurate?
Yup. You match up colored blocks of the same color, the more you put together the bigger the piece gets, and they'll break when you put a particular jewel on them. Breaking the piece throws a specific pattern of blocks on to your opponents side. Each character throws a different pattern of blocks. For instance, the character Dan drops all red. Others have varied patterns.
Old 04-14-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by JasonF

All you need to know is that if you like puzzle games this one is THE most addicting. Can't remember what I played it on, Dreamcast maybe? But hours would fly by competing against friends. First time since Tetris Attack.
Old 04-14-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

*Awesome* My best friend, and puzzle lover that lives so far away, will finally cave and get a 360 for this one. I have the Dreamcast import and we played this and puyo puyon for hours. I can't wait!
Old 04-14-07, 03:34 PM

I have this for the Saturn but haven't played in years. This is the first XBLA purchase I'm anticipating.
Old 04-14-07, 05:20 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Sounds pretty cool. I'll definitely give it a try when it hits XBLA.
Old 04-15-07, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

More juicy info from 1up.com

1up Article

COMIC: We don't have any screenshots of Street Fighter in HD yet, but if you want to get a sense of what to expect, check out the art above from the Street Fighter comic. The art in the game is coming from Udon Comics, the company responsible for the sample page above.
Old 04-15-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Saw this posted over at CheapAssGamer.

Old 04-15-07, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw this posted over at CheapAssGamer.

Amazing. Those new concept drawings almost look cell shaded.
Old 04-16-07, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Every time a 2D game is "Enhanced Mutilated for HD," an NES loses its wings.
Old 04-16-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Every time a 2D game is "Enhanced Mutilated for HD," an NES loses its wings.
I understand what you're saying, and you are correct. But when a 2D game is made HD right (which is rare), it can be a good thing.
Old 04-16-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
I understand what you're saying, and you are correct. But when a 2D game is made HD right (which is rare), it can be a good thing.
Based on the screenshots they released for Puzzle Fighter.. it seems some of the graphics are touched up but the main problem is the character sprites are just auto-scaled to a muddy mess. These screenshots are still an SD resolution too.. so it's too hard to say how they'd look in 720 or 1080.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/super-...urbo-hd-remix/

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/super-...-remix/212717/
Old 04-16-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like they revamped the actual game but the background was scaled up. Which could just be an indication of an early build, doing the bg and characters last, which would also account for the late release date.
Old 04-17-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This game was built for xbox live. Looks like 2007 will be a good year for SF fans. I hope a SF 4 isn't too far away.
Old 04-17-07, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
saw this posted over at CheapAssGamer.
Yeah I saw that in my original post

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.