Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

goozex anyone? (And other trading options)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

goozex anyone? (And other trading options)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: goozex anyone? (And other trading options)

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Ive never listed a game or dvd on goozex, I got all my points when they had their 50% off sales. For $41 and 20 DVD's you got 2000 pts.

They were selling 2000 pts with 5 or 10 trades(I forget how many) for approximately $52. The half price sale broke down to 2.6 cents a pt. Get a 1000 pt game for $26. They do this once or twice a year.
Yeah but I like getting rid of stuff.
Old 07-12-10, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Ive never listed a game or dvd on goozex, I got all my points when they had their 50% off sales. For $41 and 20 DVD's you got 2000 pts.

They were selling 2000 pts with 5 or 10 trades(I forget how many) for approximately $52. The half price sale broke down to 2.6 cents a pt. Get a 1000 pt game for $26. They do this once or twice a year.
Don't spread your poisonous thoughts. We need people to actually trade games and movies for the system to work.

Though, I do mostly just buy points as you outline, I like trading games I won't play anymore on goozex much more than selling them or trading to gamestop. I get a good feeling by helping perpetuate a system I very much like.
Old 11-22-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

I want to get some of your opinions on this as to what I should do. I use Goozex a lot and love the site. I have traded and gotten tons of games and movies from thru the site.

I had a situation where something didn't come in the time allotted and I had to leave negative feedback. The guy said that he mailed it but it never showed up. He did admit that he mailed it pretty late to the deadline running out. I filed negative feedback for not receiving the item and was refunded my points (it was a small points transaction) and they gave me my trade credit and the seller agreed to this. No big deal.

Well now, a week an a half after all is said and done but then I get a package in the mail today. It has an envelope on it stating for me to pay $1.46 for the insufficient postage this guy put on mailer. The dumbass mailed the package with just a 44 cent stamp on it. It shows that he has mailed other stuff before and had gotten positive feedback but then again, I have gotten a few things before with insufficient postage but I have never been asked to pay for it.

Anyway, I try to be an honest guy but at the same time, I don't feel like opening a can of worms. Everything is done and something tells me this dummy should learn a lesson from mailing a package like this. But at the same time, should I contact Goozex and let them know so he doesn't receive negative feedback? But then I am out of the trade value and credit and I end up having to pay extra money for the mistake this dummy made.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-22-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

What happens if you don't pay the $1.46?
Old 11-22-10, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Return to sender.
Old 11-22-10, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Return to sender.
This.
Old 11-22-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
What do you guys think?
Pay the postage, and email Goozex support asking them to change the negative feedback to neutral feedback.
Old 11-23-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Return to sender.
Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think of doing that until your post and I did just that today.

What's funny is the guy didn't put his own return address on it but he put Goozex's address on it (the one on the standard invoice/address printout) so they will likely get it and have to pay the postage.
Old 11-24-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Goozex announced that trade tokens will cost $2 beginning December 1st. Users with a feedback score of 500 or higher will still be able to get tokens for $1 each. Users with a feedback score of 100 or more will be able to buy $1 tokens until December 31st. If you will need trade tokens soon, buy them now.
Old 11-24-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Goozex announced that trade tokens will cost $2 beginning December 1st. Users with a feedback score of 500 or higher will still be able to get tokens for $1 each. Users with a feedback score of 100 or more will be able to buy $1 tokens until December 31st. If you will need trade tokens soon, buy them now.
I wonder what effect that will have on trading. Fewer transactions for 100-point titles?
Old 11-24-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The biggest effect will probably be far fewer new users.
Old 11-24-10, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
The biggest effect will probably be far fewer new users.
Some might consider that a good thing.
Old 11-13-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone here still using Goozex? Time kinda got away from me and I am sitting on a ton of points with no games coming for a long while now. I went to the forums there and things don't look so hot. Anyone here have any insight to what is going on there? Anyone still there trading and receiving stuff?
Old 11-13-12, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Based on casual observation many people fled the site with the token increase. Basically, they got greedy and it killed them. Many users seemed to end up at CAG.
Old 11-13-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Anyone here still using Goozex? Time kinda got away from me and I am sitting on a ton of points with no games coming for a long while now. I went to the forums there and things don't look so hot. Anyone here have any insight to what is going on there? Anyone still there trading and receiving stuff?
Goozex is basically dead at this point. There are still a relatively small number of trades going on, but that has been on a steady decline. If you aren't at the top of the line, or no more than one or two spots back, you're not going to get anything. Your best bet is to activate any and every request that you might have on hold, plus look around for other things that have no line.
Old 11-13-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Based on casual observation many people fled the site with the token increase.
That was part of it, but definitely not the only thing.

I think the biggest problem was point inflation due to Goozex selling points without putting games back in circulation. Their pricing algorithm wasn't very good, and the cap was too low given the total number of points in circulation. New releases are priced at 1000 points, while old games that go for dirt cheap in stores and on eBay are only slightly lower. There is no motivation for anyone to send out recent games.

Another big issue was that the owners started trying to sell the site, and stopped caring about it. The games database is way out-of-date for a number of systems. Customer support is non-existent.

Last edited by Jeremy517; 11-13-12 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-13-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I've used Gametz for about two years now and love it (I'm at about 50 trades). I shy'ed away from Goozex because I didn't wanna deal with the whole points thing and Gametz allows for more negotiating during trades. The only thing that I've noticed about Gametz which I dislike is that alot of users keep items in their tradelist that they'd never part with just to get hits on their pages & whatnot. For example, you won't find a single person who is willing to part with their copy of Dragon Warrior 7 (PS) yet about 50 people have it available. And its not that they don't get great offers for it, they just won't part with it period. Doesn't make sense to me. Also, there is alot of threadcapping & dishonesty in their trading forums.

I'd still suggest the site though.
Five years after joining Gametz. I still use it quite frequently and it has helped my collection grow. But the issues I've outlined above have grown even more rampant. I've also noticed that many of the senior traders have disappeared due to the influx of younger users. Are there any other trading options out there besides CAG right now?
Old 11-13-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm trying to reduce all of my points, and then I'll give up. Every 4-5 months something is sent to me, and it's a bit disheartening.
Old 04-15-13, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've had a surprising turnaround recently, 4 games in 2 months sent to me. Goozex was bought out, so hopefully it will pick up members again.
Old 01-07-14, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Appears Goozex is dead, dead, dead. Their site went offline before the new year and there has been nary a whisper from the powers that be.

What sucks is I just sent a trade out the day before they did, bought 5 tokens, and got a wrong trade (incorrect game) in a few days before. The good news is I cashed in most of my points when it looked like they were dying this summer and was down to around 1500 points from a high of near 25K points.

For all of Goozex's faults, I got a ton of games and movies thru them and hardly ever had an issue. But this now leave me with no game trading site after I used Goozex exclusively for so many years. I had a perfect feedback score with them (after 250 trade outgoing) and got around 250 incoming trades over this time.

So...who uses what nowadays? I tend to sell my stuff on Half.com when I am done but I still sometimes trade games if seems worth it. I was checking out Leaptrade and it seems decent. Anybody use them or does anyone prefer a particular site nowadays?
Old 01-07-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This appears to help explain the disappearance of Goozex: http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...-Contract.html

I did the same thing over the summer. I got all I could for all the points I had saved up and never looked back.
Old 01-07-14, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

best buy offers some decent 50% and 100% bonus trade in deals. just check their site and you can do it online or in store, which is convenient if you live near one.
Old 01-08-14, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^This. I have used Best Buy a lot recently. I weeded out my XB360 backlog when I got my PS3 before Thanksgiving. Regarding their 100% trade in bonus, they tend to drop the items with higher trade in values by 50% or more when the bonus period starts so in reality you are getting the same (and sometimes less) trade in value as you would pre bonus. I think this affects those people who are GCU members more since they get an extra 10% stacked bonus (e.g., it usually is better for GCU members to do trades when there is no Best Buy bonus deal).

Another perk to doing trades at Best Buy (I think Gamestop too?), is you can buy Amazon gift cards with your credit.

I also sold some higher value items on Amazon and eBay. I sold Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold (Xbox) for $75 and MUA2 (Xbox) for $50. Kind of regretting selling my Gold version but I didn't play it in years.
Old 01-08-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They started quadrupling the costs for the points. I never traded a game in there because I could get double on ebay, but bought points when they had 50% off sales, that got screwed once the new owners took over and jacked up the pts per game. I took whatever game became available a few months ago and used up the last of my points, overall a terrible experience.
Old 01-08-14, 12:42 PM

I was sad to see it start to die last year, and I had renewed hopes when the new owners took over. Oh well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.