Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wario Ware : Smooth Moves (Wii)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-07, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Too true.

I really am starting to regret picking up the Wii at launch for that reason. It's gathering a lot of dust as there just aren't any games besides Zelda that are anywhere near worth $50 to me.

So the Wii has just been sitting there while the PS2 gets a ton of action catching up on cheap games I never got around too.

At least I've learned my lesson and will probably start waiting until first price drops before buying any future consoles to avoid the high prices and post launch game droughts.
I have no regrets myself. I use my Wii everyday and enjoy the games I'm playing. I still haven't beat Zelda and I still enjoy Wii Sports. I'm renting Warioware and Wii Play is pretty fun. I'm also getting some VC games. I've bought 3 and 2 are from consoles I never owned.

But the nice thing about buying a console later is finding games for $20-30 after they've been out for awhile. And that's the other thing. I've never owned a Gamecube, so I'll probably pick up some cheap titles for that -- after I buy a controller and memory card.
Old 02-19-07, 11:25 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, if you've never owned a Gamecube you're in for a treat as pretty much all the great games can be had for $20 or under.

My main problem (besides not liking to shell out $50 for anything but the best, epic full fledged games) is that I don't like mini-game collections. There's really not much of anything I even want to rent on the Wii, much less by at full price, so it's gathering dust.

I will dust it off to play RE4 (Gamecube) after I finish up God of War on the PS2. The VC would be keeping the dust off it if the games cost about half their current rates. I'd love to play them with the CC and on my couch/TV, but I just can't justify the cost when I can play them for free on the PC. If the cost was halved I'd have no problem paying for the convenience of playing them on the Wii.
Old 02-20-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long does it take to play all 200 microgames? I'm trying to unlock one last level.
Old 02-20-07, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Yeah, if you've never owned a Gamecube you're in for a treat as pretty much all the great games can be had for $20 or under.
Sorry to keep this off topic... but yeah.. I look forward to playing some of the Gamecube games I've been hearing a lot about. It just sucks I need to make another investment of at least 1 controller and 1 memory card. So before I can enjoy $20 games, I need to spend about $40.
Old 02-20-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got my GC controller used for 7 bucks, and a mem card for 8
Old 02-20-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
from my experiences, the waiter should be held a bit above the waist, and it really isn't dependant on where the cursor points.....at all.

even for like the paper sumo games, you just bounce it around in your hand
I realize I'm like a month late on this but you're supposed to tap the remote for the this game, hold it in the waiter position and just lightly tap the top of the remote with your other hand. There's no need to bounce the remote at all.
Old 03-09-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgingCars
Sorry to keep this off topic... but yeah.. I look forward to playing some of the Gamecube games I've been hearing a lot about. It just sucks I need to make another investment of at least 1 controller and 1 memory card. So before I can enjoy $20 games, I need to spend about $40.
I just bought Metroid Prime today used for 5.99 minus 10%.
Both EB and Gamestop had 'holiday gift boxes' consisting of an off-brand GC controller, a six-foot controller extension cable, a cd/game wallet (not sure if it's full size CD or GC size disks) and one of those skin things. EB and one GS had it for 19.99, the other GS had it for 14.99. If you don't want to spend the money on a wireless controller, and can't find one used, check out your EB or GS for this set. They've also got 'gift packs' for XBox, PSP, Ps2, but I don't know what was in them.
Now to get a memory card. I might even go back and get the other holiday gift pack, assuming this controller works out ok and feels good. I'm assuming that with the GC's rep as a 'kiddy console' there are some games I could play with my four year old.

WallyOPD: That sumo one took me forever to figure out the trick.
Old 03-12-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dtcarson
I just bought Metroid Prime today used for 5.99 minus 10%.
Both EB and Gamestop had 'holiday gift boxes' consisting of an off-brand GC controller, a six-foot controller extension cable, a cd/game wallet (not sure if it's full size CD or GC size disks) and one of those skin things. EB and one GS had it for 19.99, the other GS had it for 14.99. If you don't want to spend the money on a wireless controller, and can't find one used, check out your EB or GS for this set. They've also got 'gift packs' for XBox, PSP, Ps2, but I don't know what was in them.
Now to get a memory card. I might even go back and get the other holiday gift pack, assuming this controller works out ok and feels good. I'm assuming that with the GC's rep as a 'kiddy console' there are some games I could play with my four year old.

WallyOPD: That sumo one took me forever to figure out the trick.
\

I actually went and bought a Wavebird controller from Target for $30. Then I bought Wind Waker and Metroid 2 from ebay for about $24 total (shipped).