Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Now Playing and Recently Finished Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Now Playing
I'm late to the party, but I finally got a Wii. So lots of Wii games to play.
Wii Sports
Wii Play
I also borrowed Metal Slug Anthology, Wario Ware and Rayman for the Wii
Lunar Knights

Recently finished
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Hotel Dusk
Sam and Max chapter 3

Up Next
Sam and Max chapter 4
Final Fantasy V & VI
Summon Night Swordcraft Story
Old 02-16-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Recently Finished
FEAR-Extraction Point- short but awesome. Much creepier/scarier than the main game, especially the hospital level. That was some fucked up shit.
I have this just sitting here and haven't played it. I loved FEAR so I will have to give this add on a run through.
Old 02-16-07, 01:40 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's awesome and pretty short, probably 5 hours or so to get through.
Old 02-16-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Deck

Resident Evil 4 (GC) picked this up and will fire it up after finishing God of War, needed some reason to dust of the Wii.
I actually envy you...that you get to play this through for the first time.
Old 02-16-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Now Playing (Feb. '07):
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Excite Truck
Hotel Dusk
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Gears of War
Kid Icarus

Recently Finished
Viva Pinata - this ate up about 70-80 hours of my time so it will be nice to move on.

On Deck
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Crackdown
Lost Planet
Sonic & the Secret Rings (assuming the reviews aren't terrible)
Old 02-16-07, 03:36 PM

ever since december the bf bought wii, i've been spending about 1-2 hours playing wii sports. LOL

-Kat
Old 02-16-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now Playing
Okami - Of of the few games I was upset I missed out of after selling my PS2
Star Trek: Legacy
Kingdom Hearts- One of the OTHER games I was upset I missed out on

Recently Finished
God Of War - Made it pretty far but I just couldn't take this one part and I finally shipped it back
Bully - Pretty fun game but much longer than I expected
Excite Truck - Needed to try a driving game in the Wii
Old 02-16-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Recently Finished - Gears of War on all difficulty levels, Casual, Hardcore, and Insane. Picked up all 30 COG tags too. Think I will take a break from this for now.

Now Playing -

NHL 07 - About halfway through my 1st year in the dynasty with the Canucks.
GRAW - Only on the 2nd mission, will dedicate more time with GOW out of the way.
SFII - I don't know what is going on, I can't even get halfway through this on the Default level, whereas before, I could beat the game on 2 quarters.
Old 02-16-07, 06:43 PM

Now Playing
NHL 2k7
Tony Hawk P8
Marvel: UA
Viva Pinata
Tiger Woods 07

Recently finished
Call of Duty 3 - Beat it just so I could return while it was still worth it. Good Graphics Bad Gameplay
Gears of War - Beat it but keeping for online.

Up Next
MLB 2k7
Guitar Hero II

Last edited by jrbrangi; 02-17-07 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-17-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just Finished: Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Now Playing: Kingdom Hearts (never had the chance to play it)
Old 02-17-07, 08:49 AM
Suspended

Got Sopranos Road to Respect yesterday and finished it yesterday. Not a big fan of this game.

Next up Bully
Old 02-17-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now Playing
Stack of PC games my friend lent me- may give Quake IV a whirl, the RPGs (Icewind Dale II, Neverwinter nights with all expansions) will have to wait until I get through my comp exam in June and have more time.
I'd hit up on Baldurs Gate 2 plus the expansion before I'd bother with Icewind Dale 2. Pretty much the same engine and gameplay, but I found the Icewind story and characters underwhelming compared to BG2. Similarly, NWN is actually a step back from the Baldurs Gate games as far as single player goes due to the simplified party mechanics.
Old 02-17-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now playing - Hotel Dusk, Tales of the Tempest, Guild Wars: Nightfall
Recently finished - nothing
Old 02-17-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Now playing through the 1st time on the 360:

PREY
Lost Planet
Star Trek: Legacy
Old 02-17-07, 09:58 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by Chris_D
I'd hit up on Baldurs Gate 2 plus the expansion before I'd bother with Icewind Dale 2. Pretty much the same engine and gameplay, but I found the Icewind story and characters underwhelming compared to BG2. Similarly, NWN is actually a step back from the Baldurs Gate games as far as single player goes due to the simplified party mechanics.

I don't think my buddy has BG2. Not willing to buy it myself as I don't game much on the PC and I'm skeptical I'll like any of these games as I'm generally not a big fan of American style RPGs.

I hated Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on the PS2, how does that compare to the PC games?

Icewind Dale just caught my eye as I'm a fan of R.A. Salvatore's books.
Old 02-17-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Baldurs Gate on the PS2 is more comparable to Diablo and the like, basically an action rpg / dungeon crawl. BG2 is more comparable to KOTOR, except with the larger party, more customisability, longer quest, bigger areas. Technically, BG2 is a predecessor to KOTOR, but when you compare the two, it's easy to see how KOTOR was dumbed down to work as a console game (or perhaps to also be less imidating to the average player). From a technical perspective, I guess BG2 was probably one of the last big budget 2D games on the pc, and still looks pretty spiffy I'd say.

Anyway, give IWD a go, if you absolutely hate that, then I'd avoid BG2. If you enjoy the gameplay, but find the story and characters lacking, then you must track down BG2.

For reference, I completed BG2 3X, at about 80 hours a pop. Pretty much unheard of for rpgs. KOTOR I played through twice and the 2nd time took only about 25 hours and wasn't as fun as I'd hoped.
Old 02-17-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Finished: Gears of War on Casual
Now Playing: Final Fantasy 12
Old 02-17-07, 10:55 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by Chris_D
Anyway, give IWD a go, if you absolutely hate that, then I'd avoid BG2. If you enjoy the gameplay, but find the story and characters lacking, then you must track down BG2.
Will do, probably won't get to it until late summer (no time for RPGs right now).

On another note, my friend lent me Half Life 2 last night, so that will probably be the next PC game I fire up.
Old 02-17-07, 11:35 AM

On another note, my friend lent me Half Life 2 last night, so that will probably be the next PC game I fire up.
Good luck I'm not sure if you'll be able to play it, the steam system is pretty tight on security, not sure if you'll be able to play it since your frriend already hit installed. If you do get it running, get the mod Day of Defeat source: love that game
Old 02-17-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Will do, probably won't get to it until late summer (no time for RPGs right now).

I went through this with Steam. You may have to email them a picture of the registration card to prove you actually own it. Pain in the ass.
Old 02-17-07, 12:59 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Still working on: FFIII
Old 02-17-07, 01:15 PM

Finished:

Fear
Call of Duty 3

Playing:

Lost Planet
and a lot of Gears of War on Live
Old 02-17-07, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Just finished:

COD 3 (Xbox 360)
FF XII (Playstation 2)

Starting:

VF5 (PS3)....don't ask
Fear (Xbox 360)
Old 02-17-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^^How's VF5? Can't wait til Tuesday to get my legit copy...
Old 02-25-07, 03:41 PM
Retired

Now Playing

Resident Evil 4 (GC)- have a bit of a love-hate affair with the game so far. Great graphics and the story etc. is interesting so far, but the controls while improved still suck and it's a bit hard for my sucky gamer ass. That said I played it for the first time last night and played for 5 hours straight so the good definitely outweighs the bad. I saved and quit at the start of Chapter 2. A bit disappointed that thus far the game hasn't been scary at all.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: Put some more time in this and have been enjoying it after the first couple hours when it stopped nagging me and just let me explore and look for slimes. The tank battles are a lot of fun.

Call of Duty (PC)- only played a little, pretty underwhelming after playing through FEAR, not sure if I will stick with it. Leaning toward dropping it.

Recently Finished

God of War- Finished it in just under 10 hours. Was super pissed that I accidentally switched from Normal to Easy without noticing but I still died a ton since that didn't affect the instant death traps etc. Overall I liked the game, but not as much as some. Probably a 8/10 for me.

Guitar Hero I & II- 5 starred all songs on easy, beat all songs on medium including all the bonus tracks in both games. Will pick it up again and piddle with 5 starring medium and trying hard, but in no rush and need a break from the game.

Gears of War: my buddies and I polished off the campaign a couple weeks ago after 3 late nights of co-op and drinking.

FEAR-Extraction Point- short but awesome. Much creepier/scarier than the main game, especially the hospital level. That was some fucked up shit.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin- finished sister mode, after getting the true ending in the main game. Gave up at the 2 creatures portion of Nest of Evil in regular mode. Doubt I'll bother with Richter and Maria mode.

FEAR (PC)- Pretty sweet game, enjoyed it even though I'm not a big PC gamer or FPS fan. Knocked it down to easy from level 4 on though, as I suck at PC FPS controls.

Yoshi's Island DS- Beat it and traded it without bothering with the extra stuff. Pretty dissapointed with the generic level design and cheap deaths. A far cry from the classic original.

Zelda: Twilight Princess- though want to play some more to get some of the stuff I missed, don't know when I'll get to it.

On Deck

Stack of PC games my friend lent me- may give Quake IV a whirl, the RPGs (Icewind Dale II, Neverwinter nights with all expansions) will have to wait until I get through my comp exam in June and have more time.[/QUOTE]

Super Paper Mario (Wii)- looks to be my first Wii game purchase since Zelda at launch!

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 02-25-07 at 06:39 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.