Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rogue Galaxy(PS2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Rogue Galaxy(PS2)

Wow, I know this was released last year in Japan but I didn't think they were going to bring it over here. For those of you who don't know, this game was made by the fine people(Level-5) who brought us Dragon Quest VIII. The look of the game reminds me alot of Skies of Arcadia. Anyways, I got the demo today from Playstation Underground and it came wrapped with a poster and a flag. It's pretty cool, check it out...

I haven't had a chance to pop it in and play it yet but I may later and post my thoughts.
Old 12-13-06, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The demo's really short. Like 5 minutes short. But it looks like a really good game.
Old 12-13-06, 10:47 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not really into these kinds of games but its nice to see there are so many games coming out for the ps2 that have people interested and in anticipation of its release.
Old 12-13-06, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The US version will be much much better & longer than Japanese version (improved graphics, gameplay, more dungeons, extra levels & much much more!!). It's totally 2 different gam & its more like Rogue Galaxy: Special Edition
Old 12-14-06, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I was checking out Rogue Galaxy on the 1UP show from a good few weeks ago. It looks pretty damn awesome, but I'll be in no hurry to purchase due to rpg back log. Nice to have something on the shelf to grab in a few months though.
Old 12-14-06, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I was going to start a thread about this game the other day. I got the new Game Informer and they had a review for it. It was given a 9. They basically said it's another excellent game from Factor 5. This will be my next RPG purchase when it comes out next month.
Old 02-01-07, 05:44 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I picked this up yesterday. It's an interesting mix of different ideas. It's got the abilities expansion system of FFX/FFXII, cell-shaded graphics, and a story that kind of feels like something from the Star Wars universe. It's pretty fun.
Old 02-01-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I picked this up yesterday. It's an interesting mix of different ideas. It's got the abilities expansion system of FFX/FFXII, cell-shaded graphics, and a story that kind of feels like something from the Star Wars universe. It's pretty fun.
Hehe, other than the cell-shaded graphics, you just described FFXII (which is unbelievably good, btw). I can't wait to try RG, but I will need to finish FFXII first.
Old 02-01-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
The US version will be much much better & longer than Japanese version (improved graphics, gameplay, more dungeons, extra levels & much much more!!). It's totally 2 different gam & its more like Rogue Galaxy: Special Edition
The strat guide has a list of what was changed / updated between the two versions, and you're right - it's almost a completely different game.

And on another great note, the strat guide isn't done by Prima or Brady, 2 companies that have an almost complete stranglehold on guides despite the fact that they're always leaving things out or getting them wrong. This guide is done by DoubleJump, and while I've never used one of their guides I've heard a lot of positive things about them.
Old 02-01-07, 11:26 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've used Double Jump before and they are pretty great.
Old 02-02-07, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by noonan4224
I was going to start a thread about this game the other day. I got the new Game Informer and they had a review for it. It was given a 9. They basically said it's another excellent game from Factor 5. This will be my next RPG purchase when it comes out next month.
PSM Mag gave it an 8.5. Definitely a title I will pick up when it is $19.99.
Old 02-02-07, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I liked the demo so this is definitely one I buy at some point, but I still need to buy FFXII and Okami so it will have to wait a bit.
Old 02-02-07, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Speaking of the Star Wars universe, when I saw the thread title I thought this might be that compilation of the Rogue Squadron games that was rumored a couple of years ago (although it would be odd for it to be on the PS2). I would love that for one of the new systems.
Old 07-30-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Playing through this now and I'm loving it. I'm currently 45 hours in and I imagine like Dragon Quest VIII this will be a 100-hour-plus game. I think Level-5 has become my favorite RPG studio.

The fact that there are zero load times during normal exploration is incredible! If they added ship flight and combat a la Skies of Arcadia it would have been nearly perfect. Maybe that's planned for a sequel.
Old 07-30-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Shoot, I thought you bumped it up because it had a price drop...

Level 5's also doing that PSP game (loosely) based on Joan of Arc, right?
Old 07-31-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got to the end, but couldn't complete the last boss(es) fight.
it was really annoying you cannot save in between and had to restart from the first boss when u die.
Old 07-31-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only thing that annoys me (and it's a very minor thing) is the unbeatable boss battles. There was a certain masked villain that I could have defeated the first time I fought him, and even more handily every time afterward, but the game wouldn't let me damage him below 5%.

Originally Posted by fujishig
Level 5's also doing that PSP game (loosely) based on Joan of Arc, right?
Yep, Jeanne d'Arc. Not to mention Dragon Quest IX for the DS.
Old 01-02-08, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I finally picked this up and started it. What a great game. I love the weapon creation system. It definitely makes leveling up fun...until you run out of weapons to make and max out in that area.

I just unlocked the Factory and really have no idea what I'm doing there. I tried to set it up for the first item but I couldn't get the two items to arrive at the same time.