Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii not for me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wii not for me?

Okay - I have had it a week. I don't really like Super Monkey Ball (I mean I just totally SUCK at it) and Rayman is just okay. I really liked the Sports package, but these other games I was excited to play are just "not for me" it seems. I have Marvel Ultimate Alliance on order and would like to find Zelda somewhere, but I'm starting to feel like I should just play Zelda on GC instead. The learning curve shouldn't be this hard. In Monkey Ball it just seems like the controller can't "sense" what I'm doing (it never a problem in Sports).

Maybe I should try to stick with 1st party games only? Dunno. After so much expectation, I'm feeling very let down by this system so far.
Old 12-11-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are you in the main game of Super Monkey Ball? I haven't tried that much, but I thought the various mini-games were excellent in response (frisbee golf, darts, asteroid shooting, etc).

Haven't played Rayman.

Zelda takes some time to get used to it, as you've no doubt seen in the various threads. Once you get 2, 3, 4 hours into it, it just feels right. I'm surprised you can't find it. It's everywhere I go.
Old 12-11-06, 02:46 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zelda is great, the rest of the launch games I've not even bothered trying and probably won't. Too many good games on the DS to bother with them right now, plus I have a stack of PC games a friend just lent me to try to get through and get back to him.

But I'd say just be patient. Just like the DS, it will be a while before we start getting more solid games, and less "tech demo" type games, mini game collections etc.
Old 12-11-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I own Zelda, Monkey Ball, and Rayman. The game that has gotten the least amount of play is Moneky Ball, and I honestly don't feel that much desire to play it. I felt the main game was too annoying to control, and I didn't find most of the minigames much fun for very long either. Rayman is a game I find decent, but I guess I would give it an "ok" mark as you do. I just really love the rhythm games, and I crack up hearing the bunnies singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Zelda and Wiisports are homeruns for me though.

I would say give Zelda a shot. The controls feel very natural, and the game is just great. I have also heard really good things about Trauma Center and Madden. I honestly should have picked those as my other 2 choices instead, but I wanted to get games I could play with my girlfriend. Turns out I have barely played those games with her, and have actually spent most of the time with Wiisports. She loves the bowling. Too bad I didn't know that when I bought the system.
Old 12-11-06, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rayman's fun (moreso when you're not playing alone) and Trauma Center: SO gets be tense in a good way. Still, I'm getting impatient waiting for the more epic games to come out. Yes there's the Zelda game, but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet. When I wasn't too broke, it was still sold out. I spend waaaaay more time on my DS than on my Wii right now. When I do play Wii, it's Trauma Center.

Bottom line is, what are you really asking? Should you sell the system, you mean? No, not that early in its life. Just wait it out a bit and see what other games come out!
Old 12-11-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to agree that it sounds more like the OP may have been better served to wait six months before buying so there were better titles out there for the console. Of course, the launch excitement is gone by then. Perhaps it would be best to play the Sports game you like and put the thing in the cupboard for a few months, forgetting about it.
Old 12-11-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm with everybody else. Give it some time. I, for one, don't play Zelda games and such. Been spending most of my time on Wii Sports. If you want, you could always go pick up some cheap used Gamecube games. That's what i've been doing while I wait for other releases like Elebits.
Old 12-12-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for all the comments, folks! I guess I will hold onto it. I'd forgotten how I'd felt the same about my DS when I first got it. So until I get Zelda or the new WarioWare Smooth Moves, I guess I'll for the most part shelve the console for now and play FF III and Contact on my DS Lite.
Old 12-12-06, 11:49 AM
vgc

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Thanks for all the comments, folks! I guess I will hold onto it. I'd forgotten how I'd felt the same about my DS when I first got it. So until I get Zelda or the new WarioWare Smooth Moves, I guess I'll for the most part shelve the console for now and play FF III and Contact on my DS Lite.
FYI, there was a good trade in deal at EB Games and I think for Gamestops too, where you could trade in 2 Wii or 2 PS3 games and get another Wii or PS3 game for free if I remember right. This would allow you to maybe get Zelda without investing any more money and getting rid of the games you don't like. Sorry I don't remember the details, but since I don't have either, it didn't matter to me.

Hope this helps!!
Old 12-13-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Okay - I have had it a wiik.
fixed.