Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Getting rid of scratch marks

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Getting rid of scratch marks

I know this has been discussed before, but what's the best way to eliminate or at least reduce scratch marks on an Xbox 360 game? Stupid me, I transported my 360 to the in laws with Tiger Woods 07 in there and now I've got 3 big scratches and a Dirty Disk Error message every so often. Do those Disk Doctors work?

Thanks!!
Old 11-19-06, 07:58 PM
tpc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know anything about the disk doctor... but i'm so tired from staying up from the wii launch that i swear I read this thread title as:

getting rid of stretch marks

I popped in to suggest diet or divorce, depending on the stretchee. but now, i've nothing of value to add.
Old 11-19-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I use D-Skin Protectors on my 360 games. It works 100% of the time in preventing scratches, but only 95% of the time in the drive. Every once in a while it will give me a dirty disc error despite the skin being flawless. Minor hiccup to deal with to prevent a damaged game.

Should note that they don't really work in slot loading players. i.e. cd's in car stereos, and I shutter to think about getting a disc stuck in the Wii or PS3 because of the skin. But tray drives are more than acceptable.