Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who is gonna get Rainbow Six:Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-06, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm tempted to get it if some of the guys I went to high school with pick it up. We played the old XBOX ones for hours on end. It the only game we all could really agree to play.
Old 11-22-06, 11:22 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone else pick this up yet? I'm only a few missions in...
Spoiler:
I'm at the part where my team has been captured and I was left for dead, only to awaken with just a handgun. I'm enjoying the gameplay, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that I'm STILL not in Vegas yet. These opening Mexican city stages are pretty boring to me, visually and thematically.

Plus all the solo stuff made me realize why I like certain FPS games and dislike others. I think I greatly prefer 'team' FPSs where you're part of a group or battallion... Call of Duty, Gears of War. So the abundance of solo stuff so far is boring me and a reason I haven't had as much fun yet as I did with the demo level.
Old 11-22-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered this from buy.com with the $20 off $50 Google Checkout coupon. Came out to a total of $43.xx. As much as I wanted to play this game over Thanksgiving weekend with friends, I couldn't pass up this deal, especially during this expensive gaming month.
Old 11-22-06, 11:32 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by eatntae
I ordered this from buy.com with the $20 off $50 Google Checkout coupon. Came out to a total of $43.xx. As much as I wanted to play this game over Thanksgiving weekend with friends, I couldn't pass up this deal, especially during this expensive gaming month.
How did you get that too work? Google Checkout isn't available for me!
Old 11-22-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by exm
How did you get that too work? Google Checkout isn't available for me!
http://www.buy.com/corp/promos/google_offer.asp
Edit: Apparently the game it out of stock now, and the Google Checkout discount only works on instock items. When I ordered it last night, it said "Low stock, hurry and order before it runs out" or something like that.

Last edited by eatntae; 11-22-06 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-22-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up the game because I forgot I had it preordered at EB.

I think you really get to Vegas pretty early. The first missions, while in segments, in the only one so far not in Vegas.

I'm enjoying the game a good bit. The cover feature is a nice touch but it makes playing online a new experience. A couple times I stormed in a room and didn't see anyone right away and then somebody would pop up and take me down.

I am impressed that you can repel down buildings in multiplayer. I was playing with someone and we were camped out in the library map. I turned to the window in time to see someone about to breach into the room. I was freaked out and very excited at the same time. It really adds something to the game and takes it to a new level.
Old 11-22-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts
I plan on picking it up today after work. I loved the single player demo that came out. It's been getting amazing reviews so far.
Old 11-22-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am kinda torn between COD3 and R6:LV. I am begining to lean more towards LV because I like the more modern stuff, plus it is in Las Vagas. I can relate to that. I have never been to Normandy!
Old 11-22-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
MasterofDVD that sounds awesome.

I saw it today when i picked up my weekly comic order so I bought it and I'll pop it when I get home from work tonight.

I really liked the single player demo but i didn't have a chance to try the multiplayer demo. I guess since I have the game now i can delete both.
Old 11-22-06, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Giantrobo, I am sure I had you on my list in the past but god only knows. I added you again and hopefully it'll stay that way this time.
Old 11-22-06, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
Giantrobo, I am sure I had you on my list in the past but god only knows. I added you again and hopefully it'll stay that way this time.
That's cool. Yeah hopefully we can do that.
Old 11-23-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have it on order at Amazon and it's in the shipping mode. I ordered it when they had it mis-priced for $39.99 back in October.
Old 11-23-06, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Man, I haven't started the game yet but I know one thing...the Terrorist Hunt is brutal! Gears of War has spoiled me when it comes to cover tactics and how it's executed and treated. I'll have to get use to this game's way of getting under cover and staying there.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-24-06 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-24-06, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Well this is really getting confusing on getting this or that game. I'm trying to catch up on GoW single play, haven't even tried online yet, thought about COD 2 or 3 and now this game is making noise. Ooohhh the decisions!!! It does seem to have some early great reviews though. TeamXbox gave it a 9.5:

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360...-Six-Vegas/p1/

Gamespot gave it a 9.1

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...as/review.html

Other reviews :
Gamespy - 5 of 5
IGN - 9.3 of 10
Gamepro - 4.75 of 5
Games Radar - 9 of 10
1Up - 8.5 of 10

It does use the Unreal engine 3 though they say it's not as polished as Epics GoW it's no slouch. I hate to admit it but I haven't really got into the "Rainbow" games but this one may change my mind. It'll boil down to COD or this and whatever else everyone is playing?

Kenny j. - Buzz Starhopper
Old 11-24-06, 06:19 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
It may be a few weeks before I get this game, too busy with GOW and Oblivion, but once I get it, co-op is my favorite feature in video games, and I'd love to play.
Old 11-25-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got the single player demo last night. Is there a way to "finish" the level? I worked my way to the bottom, I am pretty sure killing everybody along the way, and then nothing happened. I spent 15 mins. looking around for something else to do or somewhere to go.
Old 11-25-06, 09:56 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I picked up my pre-ordered copy last night.
Old 11-25-06, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This game is awesome in multiplayer co-op.

So far, it's much better than COD3 and probably better than GoW as well.
Old 11-25-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts
Just picked it up with the buy.com special as well.
Old 11-25-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jon-w9
I finally got the single player demo last night. Is there a way to "finish" the level? I worked my way to the bottom, I am pretty sure killing everybody along the way, and then nothing happened. I spent 15 mins. looking around for something else to do or somewhere to go.
I don't know if this deserves a spoiler or not, but just in case:
Spoiler:
Eventually you get to an area where a woman is being held hostage, and the terrorists are about to kill her. You're supposed to storm the room and save the hostage. After that, more terrorists rush into the room, and the screen fades. Then the "Pre-order Rainbow 6 now!" screen shows up.
Old 11-25-06, 01:40 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Just picked it up with the buy.com special as well.
Ditto!
Old 11-25-06, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by eatntae
I don't know if this deserves a spoiler or not, but just in case:
Spoiler:
Eventually you get to an area where a woman is being held hostage, and the terrorists are about to kill her. You're supposed to storm the room and save the hostage. After that, more terrorists rush into the room, and the screen fades. Then the "Pre-order Rainbow 6 now!" screen shows up.
Spoiler:
If it is the locker room at the end, I guess I know what I did wrong. I sent the team in to "frag and clear" and killed her too. Is this the room where you learn to use the under-door camera.

I will try it again later.
Old 11-25-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jon-w9
Spoiler:
If it is the locker room at the end, I guess I know what I did wrong. I sent the team in to "frag and clear" and killed her too. Is this the room where you learn to use the under-door camera.

I will try it again later.
No, there are about 2 or 3 more rooms to clear out before you reach the end.
Old 11-25-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok then, I guess I was just unable to find the next area. Is it through that room? I didn't see anywhere else to go.
Old 11-27-06, 12:16 PM

Once you get the Vegas you really feel immersed as if you are sneaking around knowing your life is in danger if you are not careful. I like the multiple entry points available and now the enemy actually flanks you and uses some kind of intelligence when attacking. Not only that ,but your computer allies actually fire back and kill enemies unlike so many other FPS games where your buddy will just do nothing and get killed.

Is anyone playing this on realistic? Normal is a decent challenge already I cant imagine on realistic.

Last edited by BBEANLPHIE; 11-27-06 at 12:19 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.