Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's putting the "Smackdown" in 360?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have the hang of the control system yet either. I can't tell how long the delay is between a successful grapple and when you can actually pull a move off. Plus, the freaking AI reverses WAY too much shit, even on normal. I'm working through a season with Ken Kennedy, I wish I had picked someone else. He sucks as a wrestler and the storylines are incredibly generic.
Old 11-24-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Anyone have any good sites for created wrestlers?
Old 11-24-06, 07:26 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
Anyone have any good sites for created wrestlers?
Try this one

http://www.caws.ws/
Old 11-24-06, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mok
Try this one

http://www.caws.ws/
Sweet! Thanks!
Old 11-25-06, 05:17 AM
Banned

Does anyone know how to beat Kane/Undertaker using the Mexicools? I can't beat this challenge!
Old 12-15-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented this game last week for 360 and I ran into an audio concern. Whenever a wrestler would do their signature move, the audio commentary became extremely low. Does anybody know if this was intentional? If not, then I hope there isn't anything wrong with my hardware and/or set up.
Old 12-15-06, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,554 Posts
Yes, it is intentional. You mean when you do a finisher (in a singles match) and everything kinda slows down, so you can see your finisher in slow motion, and the announcers get very soft, right?
Old 12-15-06, 01:29 AM

Has anyone experienced any lockups on the 360 version? I have had a few but only during the loading screens. It has taught me to save after every match in season mode.
Old 12-15-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No lockups here. I love this game. Ive found myself playing this more than any other Ive bought for the 360 thus far. Once I get more into GoW that might change, but for now this is tops.
Old 12-15-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Does anyone know how to beat Kane/Undertaker using the Mexicools? I can't beat this challenge!
This one was rough, it took me a few times, but all I did was hit them with moves off the top rope and collect specials. I think Super Crazy's special is off the top rope as well, so I hit it on whoever was nearest. It also helps to go after the guy that's focused on Psychosis and it's easier to pull moves off. Also, don't try ANY power moves or grapples, just hit quick moves to weaken body parts and that's it. The funny part is that it took me at least 10 tries to beat that, but when I did it only took 3.5 minutes. I couldn't believe Kane actually got pinned.

On another note, I've got everything unlocked except for SCSA. Does anybody know how the HELL to get the Royal Rumble trophy? I can't get in the Rumble in my season mode, I always either skip it or end up in the title match. This is driving me nuts.
Old 12-15-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yes, it is intentional. You mean when you do a finisher (in a singles match) and everything kinda slows down, so you can see your finisher in slow motion, and the announcers get very soft, right?
Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks.
Old 12-15-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To get in the Rumble, don't have a title belt and don't be in line to challenge for it. The easiest way I found to do that was to not have a title and just lose all my matches in the "month" before the Royal Rumble month begins (then win them all in the Rumble month to get up to entry 23). If you start a new season using Randy Orton, he begins 1 or 2 "months" out from Survivor Series. There might be a wrestler that starts closer, but I didn't want to waste more time trying to find one .
Old 12-15-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any codes to unlock the locked wrestlers?
Old 12-15-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,554 Posts
Originally Posted by cartman
To get in the Rumble, don't have a title belt and don't be in line to challenge for it. The easiest way I found to do that was to not have a title and just lose all my matches in the "month" before the Royal Rumble month begins (then win them all in the Rumble month to get up to entry 23). If you start a new season using Randy Orton, he begins 1 or 2 "months" out from Survivor Series. There might be a wrestler that starts closer, but I didn't want to waste more time trying to find one .
Probably the easiest way is to start with a lower to middle tier guy, who won't be immediately in line for the Championship.

I used Ken Kennedy, and pretty much won all my matches and still got put in the Rumble... the whole month of the Rumble was pretty much match after match of trying to upgrade my rumble spot (fought Orton to steal his rumble spot, then Chavo and Nitro to switch spots, then Orton again when he threatened to sue).

I have a question. How do you get the achievements for different difficulty levels, since you can switch difficulty for every match? Do the majority of your matches have to be at the higher difficulty, or just your last season mode match?

The game is a lot of fun, but I really wish they could either cut down the load times or have an option to skip the intros. Intros are cool, but it loads before each and every one!
Old 12-15-06, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I should be getting this in a week or so. I'm hyped for it since I enjoyed the 2006 version.