Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Game of the Century

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 03:35 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a little help... I haven't been playing long, but I'm now at the part where you fight the four Shadow Beings at Death Mountain. I'm simply at a loss of what to do... The force fields won't let me get to the isolated being, and I feel like I've tried everything to get inside to him. Is there a strategy to get to the one outside the force field? Of course the three others will never die as long as the one remains. I've been stuck at this part for five days straight!
Old 12-20-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think there's actually a path around the barrier he is behind. I recall it being very narrow, but you can get to him by himself and then take out the other 3.
Old 12-20-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
That's cool. Thanks to the both of you for trying. If anyone gets ahold of one, please let me know!
Unfortunately, the other BB had nothing.

I'd suggest posting in the trading sub-forum here or over at the CAG thread. Someone will probably have an extra and be nice about selling it at cost.
Old 12-21-06, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey, abrg923, you can now get the guide from Best Buy's website for $10 + shipping. Hope that helps.
Old 12-21-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
Yes, there is a path definitely there. I remember specifically going after that guy first, so take him out. Just search, it's there.
Old 12-21-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Hey, abrg923, you can now get the guide from Best Buy's website for $10 + shipping. Hope that helps.
Cool deal. I'm actually debating whether or not to order it, as I'm not sure I need it. But that cloth map does sound really cool.
Old 12-21-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
Cool deal. I'm actually debating whether or not to order it, as I'm not sure I need it. But that cloth map does sound really cool.
I wasn't too impressed with the cloth map, but the front cover and gold foil on the edges of the pages make it significantly more appealing to the eye than the average strategy guide. Definitely looks nice sitting on a bookshelf. If you're at all into collecting gaming paraphrenalia, it's worth the $10, especially if it actually turns out to be limited like they claim it is.
Old 12-23-06, 01:01 AM

I knew the Gamecube version didnt support 16x9 before I bought it, but I still have to wonder: why the hell is 16x9 support a Wii exclusive? Might as well make stereo audio a Wii exclusive while they're at it. Kinda sucks that I'm running the game in 480p with component cables on my cube and have to put up with 4x3. If they wanted to coerce people into buying a Wii they should have only released it on one system.
Old 12-23-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They actually would've only released it on the Wii, were it not for promising for two years it'd be a Cube release.
Old 12-23-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been playing this game for four hours, goofing off mainly while trying to really learn the controsl, and I'm just now getting to the Forest Temple.

My God, this game owns me now.
Old 12-23-06, 10:06 PM

During the past twenty-four hours, I spent a bit over twelve hours playing this game, and I still want to go back for more! Must... resist...

I saved as soon as I got to the fifth dungeon. I was pleasantly surprised by the look of the dungeon. Not what I was expecting at all.

So far, I've put in about thirty-three hours into the game, with plenty of exploring in between dungeons. And I am still at awe by the size of Hyrule every time I look at the map. So much to explore!

Twilight Princess really has been nothing less than the perfect game for me. The puzzles are very creative. The bosses have been refreshing, although I would put them on the easy side once you figure out how to defeat them. Boss fight in the fourth dungeon was amazing, but the way.

One complaint I have is how the rupees get put back into the chests if your wallet is full. I probably won't have that problem again, having obtained a wallet upgrade, but I'm anal about getting everything, so I'll probably be going back and picking them up.

Oh, and I also wish the wolf songs would be more useful, much like the ocarina in OoT. It would be great if I could control day and night.

But other than that, Twilight Princess - Game of the Century*

*for the time being.
Old 12-24-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
You'll still have that chest problem. There is one item that can fix it, but it takes a little work to get it. Even then it's not an ideal solution.
Old 12-25-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I LOVE this game! Quick question though... I just made it through Lanayru Province and I got all of the Tears of Light and

Spoiler:
my Wolf blew through the stone and the ghost wolf appeared. However, now that I am Link, I can't find the ghost knight to teach me a new move. The strat guide says it should appear right outside of the castle gates but I have not seen him anywhere. Does he show up after a certain point? I don't want to go back and pplay that whole section again. LOL

Edit: Nevermind!
Spoiler:
I forgot to howl again AFTER ghost wolf appeared!

Not really sure what I gave away but...spoilerized it is.

Last edited by HotThang; 12-28-06 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-25-06, 06:36 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 947 Likes on 793 Posts
having never played a Zelda game for more than an hour or so, i have to say i love this game!

it is the kind of game that you have the urge to play with any spare time and i love those type of games. i had it with RE 4 and a little bit with Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness. now this one. mind you i'm only on the 1st dungeon after playing for hours, but i want to take my time and not rush to have it finished. it will probably take me months and months and that's all right.

bc of this i am getting the Collector's Edition for GC just to have more when ever i finish TP.

it is fun and not the mindless kind. you have to keep on your toes and discover and when you do you are just greatly rewarded. i love this game and can't wait to play on and on...
Old 12-25-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang
I LOVE this game! Quick question though... I just made it through Lanayru Province and I got all of the Tears of Light and my Wolf blew through the stone and the ghost wolf appeared. However, now that I am Link, I can't find the ghost knight to teach me a new move. The strat guide says it should appear right outside of the castle gates but I have not seen him anywhere. Does he show up after a certain point? I don't want to go back and pplay that whole section again. LOL

Edit: Nevermind! I forgot to howl again AFTER ghost wolf appeared!
Spoilerize, please.
Old 12-27-06, 12:16 PM
Suspended

Because of spoilers, I am trying to read as little as this thread as possible. Do this Zelda follow a separate storyline, or should I go back and finish Windwaker first?
Old 12-27-06, 01:46 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
Do this Zelda follow a separate storyline, or should I go back and finish Windwaker first?
Seperate story line.

All the Zelda game stand alone, most don't even star the same Link. Just a couple of exceptions like Majora's Mask being the same Link as Ocarina of Time, and I believe Link's Awakening was the same on from A Link to the Past. But even the stories in those games stood by themselves.
Old 12-27-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seperate story line.

Damnit, Josh beat me to it
Old 12-27-06, 02:27 PM
Retired

Here's a feature about the different Links.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3155322
Old 12-27-06, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, I finally got a Wii and Zelda. Put in 7 hours into it so far, and
Spoiler:
just got out of the Forest Temple. Just made it to Hyrule Field for the first time too. Talk about breathtaking.

I also laugh at everyone who said swinging the Wiimote would get tiring for your arm. Not at all.
Old 12-27-06, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally have the GameCube version after a nightmare experience once again with GameRush. Thankfully this is the last game I have ordered with them. Played an hour tonight and its definitely what I was hoping for. Looks pretty nice in progressive, but sucks a bit that I get no widescreen. Still can't complain. I just got the wooden sword so I'm chasing monkeys.
Old 12-28-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I do believe I officially love this game now.
Spoiler:
Got to the Goron Mines and getting to walk around on the ceiling and the walls of the dungeon with the boots is FUCKING SWEET! I love this dungeon so far.
Old 12-29-06, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,044 Likes on 861 Posts
I just picked up a copy at my local Target ($39, they had about a dozen copies). Looking forward to starting this.
Old 12-29-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just finished
Spoiler:
the Goron Mines. The boss was pretty awesome, although pretty easy at the same time. I did love the whole level with the magnet boots and all. Just got the bombs, and there's BOMB ARROWS IN THIS GAME?!
Holy God, I love this game.
Old 12-30-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Just finished
Spoiler:
the Goron Mines. The boss was pretty awesome, although pretty easy at the same time. I did love the whole level with the magnet boots and all. Just got the bombs, and there's BOMB ARROWS IN THIS GAME?!
Holy God, I love this game.
I just finished this as well and now I'm really into the game. Spent a little time hunting for heart box pieces. I have found 10 so far. I'm probably going to move on now to the next twilight area.

So far the biggest moment in the game was
Spoiler:
the almost movie like scene where they grab the kid and Link comes riding in at the last minute to rescue him. Freaking loved that part and loved knocking the guy off the bridge in the joust.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.