Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

FIFA 07 - EA Sports (10/3)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIFA 07 - EA Sports (10/3)

Looking forward to this one. New features from the EA FIFA site...

* SOCCER EMOTION: The crowds react to your performance. Goals and possession result in rousing chanting as momentum builds for your team but dips to a frustrated murmur if you’re struggling. The camera focuses on those players who wear their emotions on their sleeve.

* EA SPORTS™ Interactive Leagues: Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play. Win and drive your club closer to glory. Lose and see your team plummet to the bottom of the table. Weekly podcasts include user interviews that broadcast your glory to the world.

* IMPROVED GAMEPLAY: Passing and positioning have all been enhanced. Players jostle and collide realistically while trying to win balls. New ball physics accurately recreate bouncing, skidding and topspin. Signature moves and playing styles for the stars have been authentically captured.

* SET PLAYS: Use the left analog stick to apply topspin or backspin to the ball for more creative set plays and finesse shots.

* NEW SHOOTING MECHANICS: Experience a more sophisticated shooting mechanic that gives you greater control for pin-point accuracy.

* ADVANCED GOALKEEPER AI: Goalkeeper intelligence is authentic, with true-to-life reactions and a greater variety of deflections and saves.

* ENHANCED MANAGER MODE: Everything is real. Real money, youth player development, press and fan reaction. Immerse yourself completely in the world of a soccer manager. New this year – create your own club.

* SOCIAL GAMING: Play against up to eight friends in the FIFA 07 LOUNGE to determine your champion. A new handicap system levels the playing field in the ultimate pursuit of bragging rights.

* COMPLETE AUTHENTICITY: FIFA Soccer 07 features 27 leagues from 20 nations. Over 510 teams are accurately represented with correct kits and badges.

* ONLINE EVERYWHERE: Never again miss any news with the ultimate sports ticker. While online, breaking news, live scores and results are delivered straight to your screen, 24/7.

Old 09-03-06, 04:27 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Sounds good. I may pick it up. I have FIFA: World Cup '06 for the 360, and I'm pretty happy with it - I may just stick with it, I like it so much. I don't play soccer games very often, so I don't know if it's worth it for me to buy a new version every year.
Old 09-03-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Personally, I'm getting sick of EA soccer. FIFA 2004 was very good, but 2005 was not really as great, and 2006 was good, but they ruined everything that made 2004 the best. I'm thinking of picking up Winning Eleven at some point, but now that I have a 360, I may have to wait for one for a while.
Old 09-03-06, 12:29 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking forward to it. I have, and liked, the World Cup game but it gets old fast. I played Fifa 2006 at my brother's and liked it a lot better. It just flows better and there's a ton more teams and options to keep it fresh longer.

I'm tempted to try Winning Eleven as well as I loved International Superstar Soccer on the N64 years ago, but the lack of real players and teams is hard to swallow.
Old 09-03-06, 01:01 PM

FIFA World Cup for the XBOX360 is God-awful in my opinion. So sluggish, annoying AI, just awful.

Let's hope FIFA 07 does it right...
Old 09-12-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fifa 07 demo for PC is out and i like it so far cept the default difficulty is way too easy and im getting alot of stutter during the intro and cut scenes but im hoping the full version will run smoother on this old comp.
Old 09-12-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Personally, I'm getting sick of EA soccer. FIFA 2004 was very good, but 2005 was not really as great, and 2006 was good, but they ruined everything that made 2004 the best. I'm thinking of picking up Winning Eleven at some point, but now that I have a 360, I may have to wait for one for a while.

Why? WE9 is one of the few BC games.
Old 09-22-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still playin' the demo for PC so i must like it Alot more uniqueness to the action then previous EA Fifas so in other words alot more like the PES/WE games.I will for sure grab the PC version and possibly even the PSP one for at work since WE9 drives me nuts with all the slowdown.
Old 09-25-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Why? WE9 is one of the few BC games.
At this point...I want next gen. ya know?
Old 09-28-06, 12:59 PM

Anyone pick this up? Think it's already out in Europe.

IGN seemed to like it, but I want to make sure it's a huge improvement over 06 before I buy it.
Old 10-07-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got it for PC and i already wanna throw it out the fucking window.Gameplay is very good as EA finally starts to get that right but i cant stand that "miracle comeback" crap by the AI that EA loves so much.Just played my 1st match in manager mode in the MLS with Houston and dominated the match and was up 2-0 in the 2nd half when out of nowhere Dallas scores 3 quick goals on 3 fluke shots and i lose 3-2
Old 10-07-06, 12:59 PM
Banned

I bought it for PS2. Much better than 06 and yeah the miracle comeback is still there (I love to get clean sheets with Cech but they are almost impossible).

Already started a manager mode with Chelsea and trying to sell Shaun Wright Phillips because he's garbage and Claude Makelele because he's old.
Old 10-07-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe i was a bit too quick to lash out,since that 1st match ive drawn 1-1,won 3-1(after leading 3-0) and won 2-0 so im on track now with De Rosario leading my attack
Old 10-08-06, 01:59 PM

I was definitely going to buy the 360 version until I heard EA was cutting out most of the leagues in that version. Waiting on the PSP version which was pushed back to the 17th.
Old 10-25-06, 09:21 PM
Banned

The 360 version only has 6 leagues. BULLSHIT!
Old 10-26-06, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up the PSP version to go along with the PC version and i like both alot.PSP version is by far better than Winning Eleven 8 and has all the leagues that the PC version has and doesnt have that horrible slowdown that WE8 had plus gameplay is excellent,graphincs not bad albeit a lil small but hey its a portable and great to be able to play it on my breaks at work

Oh and the minigames for PSP are kinda neat also
Old 11-01-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just picked this up and got a quick game in. The graphics are amazing of course, and I like the new gameplay. Haven't checked out the manager mode yet. The main drawback is the lack of teams. 117 total.