Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

New PSP design and features due for 2007?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New PSP design and features due for 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Yeah, but I think there were maybe only three games that actually USED the PS1 dual analog to any major extent. And as noted above.. if you didn't have the new controller you couldn't play the game.. now, buying a new controller isn't bad, buying the whole system again however, is.
On PS1, you could play every game with the original controller. The analog and duel shock ones just made some games easier to control for obvious reasons.
Old 09-01-06, 04:17 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goldblum
On PS1, you could play every game with the original controller. The analog and duel shock ones just made some games easier to control for obvious reasons.
What about Ape Escape? I'm pretty sure that one required the dual shock.
Old 09-05-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I mentioned to my Sony rep today that I wanted to sell my PSP and he advised me to hold off on it as there will be addons available for it soon including a GPS reciever/antenna to turn the PSP into a GPS navigation device and a microphone + software that converts speech into other languages.
Old 09-05-06, 11:45 AM
Retired

Great reasons to hold onto a GAMING machine.

I really wish the rep would have said "Hold off, we have some killer games we'll be announcing soon."
Old 09-05-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sold mine and I don't regret it a bit. I played and owned a few great games but it just didn't excite me anymore.

DS Lite is great though, I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy 3.
Old 09-06-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Dual analogs are a must or this would be a pointless outing. Maybe they can redesign it to avoid severe hand cramp when you play for more than 15 mins. The hard drive would be great though. Could care less about EyeToy.
As someone who had a PSP as my first game console, I got really used to the single analog. Now that I own a PS2, I understand why people want the dual. (it's taken me a while to adjust to playing with dual analog controllers.) My hands don't cramp, but they should have designed it so that I'm not switching off my WiFi all the time during the middle of fragging fools in SOCOM:FTB. I don't care about the eye toy either.