Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League Heroes or Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Or both?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Justice League Heroes?
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
66.25%
Justice League Heroes
3.75%
Both
27.50%
None
2.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Justice League Heroes or Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Or both?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-06, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinhj
Wish granted. Cage is in there, gaudy 70s costume and all.
Sold!

I broke down and bought the Justice League game today. Surpisingly, it's not horrible. It's pretty much Champions of Norrath with superheroes which can be good or bad depending upon your perspective.
Old 10-20-06, 08:05 AM

well i got JLH last night. gave the first level with batman and superman a spin. plays just like x-men legends. a couple things: health and heroic powers regenerate by themself. ddin't see any pickups. no in game tutorial, gotta read the manual ( i didn't know wtf those green things the robots dropped were supposed to be). i don't remember if x-men had this, but you can pick up cars (superman only)/trees/stuff to throw (maybe only jugganaut had this?)
Old 10-20-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by nodoubt
well i got JLH last night. gave the first level with batman and superman a spin. plays just like x-men legends. a couple things: health and heroic powers regenerate by themself. ddin't see any pickups. no in game tutorial, gotta read the manual ( i didn't know wtf those green things the robots dropped were supposed to be). i don't remember if x-men had this, but you can pick up cars (superman only)/trees/stuff to throw (maybe only jugganaut had this?)

Well X-men Legends was pretty popular and I don't remember any endless BITCHING and MOANING, about the graphics in that game so I wonder how JLH's graphics hold up? What did you think?

I have a feeling the game is probably not nearly a suck ass as being reported. And the comparisons to the 360 Marvel game in terms of graphics seems unfair.
Old 10-20-06, 09:29 AM

again only played one level. the graphics (xbox) were on par with xmen legends 1,2 and the cutscenes looked good. first level consisted of mostly buildings so i can't really say. oh in xl 1,2, each of your 4 characters correspond to one direction on the digital pad, but i think you'd have to toggle through your characters in this one with the up button, since the other three are used for AI. another thing, you can only use your special powers (don't read comics, but don't know why superman has a dragon punch..) 3 or 4 times before they dry up and have to recharge unlik xl 1,2
Old 10-21-06, 03:30 PM

well scratched that last post. it turns out you can only control two characters at a time and you can upgrade your heroic power gauge.
Old 10-21-06, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With reviews JLH has gotten.. I'll pass.
Old 10-22-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

JLH is actually pretty good for a DC game. The graphics are much better than X-men Legends since it's not cel shaded and the cutscenes do create a decent plot. It's pretty good for what it is, which is a button masher with rpg elements.
Old 10-24-06, 08:20 PM

anyone pick up Marvel: UA today? So far I think it's pretty good. Still trying to figure out how to change your teammates from being aggressive to defensive, probably in the manual. Anyway if you're a fan of XMen Legends, I'm sure you'll enjoy this as well.
Old 10-25-06, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be getting Ultimate Alliance on the 360 when it's released here on November 2nd. Amped, which system did you get it on?
Old 10-25-06, 06:15 AM

Best Buy had a few copies already on the shelves yesterday for the current systems. Picked it up for the 360.

One complaint so far is the camera can be a slight annoyance. Basically the camera angle switches all of a sudden even though you're controlling it from the angle you want. Doesn't happen often, but I've only comlpleted the first level so far.

Additionally it's hard deciding on which heroes to choose from, you have 18 to choose from right off the bat.
Old 10-25-06, 08:13 AM

if you use superman and max-boost his laser eye superpower, this game will become a joke.
Old 10-25-06, 12:27 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just called 2 Best Buys and 1 Circuit City. 1 Best Buy was sold out the other one said he had a few. Circuit City didn't receive there shipment in yet. I guess I will try Best Buy after work.
Old 10-25-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
So far I'm digging Marvel: UA. Mostly just hack and slash, but the customizability of the characters in the game is nuts.
Old 10-25-06, 07:49 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you think it's worth $60 or should I hold off until it's used for $30?
Old 10-25-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How much did you like Xmen Legends? Its pretty much the same w/new characters.
Old 10-25-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk God

I never played Xmen legends.

If you stay in Stark Tower for a bit, the "receptionist" making announcements says some funny stuff.
Old 10-25-06, 07:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by XavierMike
How much did you like Xmen Legends? Its pretty much the same w/new characters.
I liked the concept but not the cell shading and design.
Old 10-25-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, i'll pickup both games whenever it drop down $10 or less
Old 10-25-06, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm about ready to call it quits. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to beat Mandarin. It's pissing me off to no end.
Old 10-25-06, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I liked the concept but not the cell shading and design.

The graphics have a more realistic look to them. Its definately an upgrade. There's still a lot of dungeon crawling though.
Old 10-26-06, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
I'm about ready to call it quits. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to beat Mandarin. It's pissing me off to no end.
Spoiler:
Are you at the part where you have to teleport into his little room, but you keep getting teleported out because of the Ultimos? If so, then you have to lure those insect bomb robots into the teleporter. They will teleport into Mandarin's room, and the Ultimo in there will grab the insect and explode. You can then safely teleport into that room and slash away at Mandarin. Repeat until he goes back into the main room, and you'll eventually beat him.

It took me awhile too, but I eventually got it right before I was ready to give up too.

I've got a question about the dragon type monster in the water (forgot its name). I eventually beat him, but it took me forever.
Spoiler:
I know you have to wait for him to punch the column so you can go in there and have him punch the column itself so it crushes him. But is there a way to lure him to punch the column? That fight frustrated me because it took so damn long, even though it was actually easy.
Old 10-26-06, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by tonymontana313
JLH is actually pretty good for a DC game. The graphics are much better than X-men Legends since it's not cel shaded and the cutscenes do create a decent plot. It's pretty good for what it is, which is a button masher with rpg elements.
Agreed. I don't regret the $35 and change I spent on this game.

Now I gotta get M:UA.
Old 10-26-06, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XavierMike
The graphics have a more realistic look to them. Its definately an upgrade. There's still a lot of dungeon crawling though.
So they are not cell shaded like X-Men Legends? From the screen shots I saw, MUA looked very similar to Legends and I was not a fan of that graphic style at all. But if the graphics look realistic, then I might actually pick this one up. And before anyone says it, I know gameplay comes first...but I just could not get into the visual style of the Legends game.
Old 10-26-06, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is going to get confusing. Anyone care to start a dedicated M:UA thread?
Old 10-26-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Marvel UA is X-men Legends with a new set of paint, but I'll buy these games for as long as they make them... it's so simple but it so appeals to the comic book geek in me.

I got the 360 version, but I'm not sure how much better it looks than the other versions. Thanks to whoever posted the codes to unlock Daredevil and Silver Surfer in the other thread, btw.

One thing I didn't like was the whole auto-assigning/auto-equipping thing. It seems like you have to set it for everyone individually, and having the Y button have "Auto" next to it made me think that if I pressed it, it would automatically allocate everything instead of turning auto-allocation off.

I'm still debating whether to return my PS2 copy of Justice League, and just wait for the PSP version with the extra characters...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.