Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Meijer Super store sucks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 04:33 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meijer Super store sucks!!!!

My wife just bought me a 360 from Meijer and thought she was buying a new 360. When she surprised me with it this morning we found out that it was actually a used 360. It appeared that someone had returned the 360 and Meijer just put right back on the shelf. I took it out of the box to play GRAW and noticed that there was already a profile on it along with some saved songs and games. The power cord and video cords didn't have the ties on them and the controller already had the batteries in it.
It just makes me F*%king mad but maybe we can work some deal out on a new one since they tried to screw us over. Thanks for taking the time to read something that probably just wasted your time, just had to vent a little.

Last edited by 03euroSVT; 07-14-06 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-14-06, 04:46 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Years ago I bought a controller for my PlayStation from Best Buy and it wasn't until after I plugged it in that I noticed the toothmarks on the plug -- apparently, somebody's dog (or kid, maybe) had decided to use it as a chew toy, and then the somebody returned it to Best Buy, where they simply restocked it on the shelf. What's worse, this controller managed to short out the PlayStation itself, and I had to raise holy hell with the Best Buy manager before they would let me exchange it for a new one.

And that's when I stopped shopping at Best Buy.
Old 07-14-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why don't you see if they will throw in the extended warranty for free and keep the returned one
Old 07-14-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

sucks that it happened to you, Meijer's normally rocks! I love Meijer's. During the winter they have a lot of great deals on games, plus their groceries are really good too . It doesn't sound like they intentially tried to screw you over, it looks more like employee oversight.

One time my friend bought a PS2 game from Target and was a scratched random PSOne game inside. Weird huh? It was re-shrinkwrapped it turns out. He had a hell of a time returning and making them believe it it but eventually they let him.
Old 07-14-06, 06:00 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by hail2dking
Why don't you see if they will throw in the extended warranty for free and keep the returned one
That sounds like a good plan. I'll see what I can do. It never hurts to ask.

Originally Posted by Outlaw
sucks that it happened to you, Meijer's normally rocks! I love Meijer's. During the winter they have a lot of great deals on games, plus their groceries are really good too . It doesn't sound like they intentially tried to screw you over, it looks more like employee oversight.
You are right normally they are great. I would have to say this is the first time I've been upset with them. I'll still shop there but may end up going to Target for the 360 if I can't work something out with Meijer
Old 07-16-06, 10:42 AM

Meijer does blow, big time. They run video game deals every now and then, and never have any of the new or even recent releases on the shelf. I go there for produce mainly.

There was one time my wife's cousin bought a copy of Animal Crossing there and got home and there was nothing insisde but slips of paper. They had to go through hell to get Meijer to replace the game.

Last edited by dcswirl; 07-16-06 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-17-06, 08:25 AM
Cool New Member

Meijer wouldn't make a deal on the used system they sold us but they did refund our money with barely any hassle. We then went to Target and used our 10% off and bought the 360 and a game. Total cost was only $10 more than just buying a new 360 at Meijer.
Old 07-17-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, at least they refunded you the money...still sucks though, they should've at least gave you 10% off for a used item.
Old 07-17-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's an example of 2-way idiocy - some years ago my cousin (14 at the time) needed a ride to Best Buy so he could buy a memory card for his PSOne. I wait in the car for him and he comes back 5 minutes later with what looks like a CD case. It was a cheap third party thing that didn't even have the shrinkwrap.

"Why doesn't it have the shrinkwrap?" I asked him as he pulled it out of his little yellow bag.

"I don't know."

So he opens it and of course it's empty. I laughed at him as he went back in to try to return an open memory card case without the shrinkwrap. I should have went back in with him to see customer service laugh at his story.
Old 07-17-06, 07:23 PM

Its clear God didn't want you to buy the 360.
Old 07-17-06, 07:58 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
Its clear God didn't want you to buy the 360.
Well, I've got to take myself to confession then.
Old 07-18-06, 10:30 AM

No, I think he just wanted you to focus on finishing that basement of yours first. On the bright side, at least Shelby won't have to worry about staying warm this winter.