Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Metroid Prime boost ball help to get missle expansions?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 02:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Ok...i am posting here after getting nothing on another forum. I need help with exactly 2 missle expansions that require getting enough boost ball to get up to.

1. in the Life Grove Tunnel where there is a narrow half-pipe tube and all you can go is left and right. All that can fit is Samus as morph ball. You have to use boost to get all the way to the top (small flat tube) and morph bomb to reveal and get.

2. in Chozo Ruins where there is a large half-pipe and need to get up to another missle expansion.

I can't seem to get the knack of doing this even though I am trying 100 times. I've tried so many things all to no avail.

Anyone know what I am talking about and can give me a full-proof, no fail way to get these 2?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure of the exact locations, etc. but as far as using the boost ball on the half pipes there's a certain time when you want to apply the boost on the way down, just experiment at different times to boost on the way down until you find the appropriate time (when it allows you to go higher on the way up the next time) and repeat until you get all the way up.
Old 06-19-06, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I'm not sure of the exact locations, etc. but as far as using the boost ball on the half pipes there's a certain time when you want to apply the boost on the way down, just experiment at different times to boost on the way down until you find the appropriate time (when it allows you to go higher on the way up the next time) and repeat until you get all the way up.
trust me pixy i have experimented to finger death...
Old 06-20-06, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this Metroid Prime 1 or 2?

And there is a trick to the boost ball - I believe you want to hold down the button and release near the bottom of the U as you're going back up.
Old 06-20-06, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Is this Metroid Prime 1 or 2?

And there is a trick to the boost ball - I believe you want to hold down the button and release near the bottom of the U as you're going back up.
it's 1 (Prime) and yeah, i've been trying that, but nothing seems to work and is getting very frustrating.
Old 06-20-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know you can charge the boost ball right? I realize you answered LD's question, but I want to be clear.

In the half-pipe its exactly as people described IIRC. Go up one side, on the way down charge the boost, release the boost on the bottom (The turn apex), repeat on other side. Repeat.