Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One And Only "I'm Still Playing MVP Baseball 2005" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The One And Only "I'm Still Playing MVP Baseball 2005" Thread

I noticed in the What Are You Playing This Month (May 2006) thread that quite a few of us are still playing MVP Baseball 2005, so I thought I'd start a thread so we can discuss the game and such, also there was oddly never a thread about the game that I can find in the forum.

So what are you guys playing? Dynasty or Owner? Drafted or old/updated Rosters?

I'm personally playing Dynasty mode (I didn't find Owner mode to be much fun, more of a pain in the neck if you ask me), and I drafted a team. Nearing the end of the first season (2005). I've found that a lot of the players are playing up to par, or as poorly as they did in the actual 2005 season. I've had a few standouts though, Kris Benson and Omar Daal my #3 and #5 SP respectively were named to the All-Star team, and both are in the top 10 for Cy Young, quite strange that these guys are so sucessful.

Also, I'm finding that I'm not scoring as many runs or allowing as many runs as the other teams in th game, I'm way below on both counts.

Anyways, feel free to discuss.
Old 06-09-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a fun baseball game, but I had to move on the MLB 2K6 for the 360 since it's all I have. The freezing is basically fixed, but still freezes every once in a while.

On MVP, I played the entire 1st season....started the 2nd, then got my 360. Fun game, I like the Minor League games also....I would usually play the last inning or two with those.
Old 06-09-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
This is a fun baseball game, but I had to move on the MLB 2K6 for the 360 since it's all I have. The freezing is basically fixed, but still freezes every once in a while.

On MVP, I played the entire 1st season....started the 2nd, then got my 360. Fun game, I like the Minor League games also....I would usually play the last inning or two with those.
Ya, it sucks pretty badly that MVP isn't BC.

I've heard medicore reviews of MLB 2k6, so I've been hesistant to pick it up, maybe next year's edition (on the Wii... ooooohh)

I just played my first minor league game a couple of days ago, it was a lot more fun than I expected. The part I liked best was seeing my guys in the minors in action, kinda getting the feel for them before I call them up or ship them out in trade. My key players though seemed to be the older guys who are getting closer to retirement though, they hit both HRs in my game.
Old 06-09-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I in the 2nd year of my dynasty. I need to restart it though since I cheated and loaded my team up.

I like the fantasy draft since I'm don't want to have half of the players the Orioles have on their roster.
Old 06-09-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I'm in the 2nd year of my dynasty...actually it would be the 3rd but I moved up from MVP '04. Wish there would have been a way to import a dynasty.

This game is without a doubt the best baseball game I've played since the High Heat games(except HH '03). I probably would have sold my Xbox by now if I didn't have it. It sucks EA can't make anymore MVP games but I'm still pissed at them for getting the NFL license which ended the ESPN 2K football games. Sadly, we the gamers are the ones that got the shitty end of the deal.
Old 06-10-06, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Setzer
I'm in the 2nd year of my dynasty...actually it would be the 3rd but I moved up from MVP '04. Wish there would have been a way to import a dynasty.

This game is without a doubt the best baseball game I've played since the High Heat games(except HH '03). I probably would have sold my Xbox by now if I didn't have it. It sucks EA can't make anymore MVP games but I'm still pissed at them for getting the NFL license which ended the ESPN 2K football games. Sadly, we the gamers are the ones that got the shitty end of the deal.
I agree, I played ESPN NFL and MVP Baseball (since 2003), and was crushed at both announcements, so now I just don't buy Madden or MLB 2kX games...
Old 06-10-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count me in, 53 games into my first year in Owner mode. One question - how the fuck do you make any money? All I do is lose cash...

= J
Old 06-10-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Count me in, 53 games into my first year in Owner mode. One question - how the fuck do you make any money? All I do is lose cash...

= J
I'm befuddled to that as well. I play Dynasty almost exclusively now, as I can't get any money, and even from the GAMEFAQs that I've read, the consesus is that it's usually 2 or 3 years before you even turn a profit (ouch). Even simming... that's a long time.