Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Devil May Cry no longer a Sony exclusive?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.pixelgamers.com/xbox360/n...y-no-more.html

PS3 exclusive Devil May Cry no more

Posted by darthmahon on May 18, 2006

The Devil May Cry series may soon be coming to the Xbox 360, marking the end of the long standing Sony-exclusive series.

Devil May Cry producer, Hiroshi Kobayashi, recently revealed to Japanese Magazine Famitsu that he expects Dante (character within the game) to make his next-gen debut on the Xbox 360 and Wii and not the PS3 as first thought.

This is very interesting and quite a big announcement. With the PS3 losing many of its exclusive titles it will open up the possibility of a new power being crowned console king. With the price tag of the PS3 above the 360 and performance differences minimal, Sony need all the exclusives they can get.

Kobayashi also stated that he still does not know the true power of the PS3, but he expects the game to feature the same feel and style as the trailer shown at last year's E3. One thing that will be changing is the fighting system. It will now be aimed at making the difficulty suitable for all players, allowing for players to perform acrobatic maneuvers whilst fighting more easily.

If this is true, then the reasons to own a PS3 are slowly dwindling away. Capcom has already announced that Resident Evil 5 will be multi-platform, so maybe Devil May Cry 4 will be as well.
Old 05-18-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I've heard it tossed around that some developers are definitely afraid of the high cost of the PS3, so keeping a game exclusive to the PS3 may not be as viable as it was previously due to worries about consoles actually being in households.

I'd love to see more games lose the exclusivity, especially long popular franchises like this.
Old 05-18-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could care less about DMC, but I do like the trend.

I'm honestly more and more hard pressed to justify ever getting a PS3. In fact, I have to say that it's remarkable how badly Sony seems to have botched this whole launch process.

Are the Halos backward compatible on the 360? I've always been a bit curious what all the fuss was about in spite of the fact that I despise FPSs.
Old 05-18-06, 10:44 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like the series, but I have to admit to thinking it could work well on the Wii if they developed for it.

The controller could be used well with the gun and sword I'd think.
Old 05-18-06, 10:46 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think they're talking about bringing it to the 360, I doubt it will be on the Wii.

Man, this thread makes me want to go play Devil May Cry 3: SE.

And chess: I would definitely borrow a friend's Xbox with Halo before buying a 360 just to check it out. If you really hate FPS games, I don't think you'd magically love Halo. But yes, both Halo games will work on the 360.
Old 05-19-06, 12:34 AM
Banned

If this becomes true, it will also delay me getting a PS3, and im a avid fan. The price and lack of exclusives SO FAR have less then wow'd me. I still think Wii isnt for the hardcore gamer like me, so ill wait for the price to drop and more games to show up before i take the plunge. Depending on the Blu-Ray releases also might speed up the process, but who knows for sure.
Old 05-19-06, 01:00 AM
Banned by request

I love it. The Wii isn't for "hardcore" gamers. The Wii is all about gaming!

Meanwhile, I went back to DMC 3 and I remembered what bugged me about the series: The level designs are so vague, that half the time you have no idea where you're meant to be going. I hope they fix that with Devil May Cry 4.

And as for any game that is released on the PS3 and 360, I'm going for the PS3 version, since it will most likely have slightly better graphics and load times. Sure, the difference between a PS3 and 360 aren't as wide as between a PS2 and Xbox, but with a big hi-def TV like I have, any little bit shows. Also, if by a miracle PS3 games are $49.99, that would be a big incentive for me to buy the PS3 version of multi-platform games.
Old 05-19-06, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
I still think Wii isnt for the hardcore gamer like me.
I love your logic.

Old 05-19-06, 01:17 AM
Banned

Sorry if i dont like games with backpacks, i have bad exepriences with them! =(( LOL

I actually busted out the gamecube again today and gave Super Mario Sunshine another shot. What in Scoobys name do you guys find enjoyable about this game, i shall never know. I switched to Lost Planet E3 Demo on the Xbox 360, and bam, i was finally Gaming!

But anyway, we're discussing DMC here!
Old 05-19-06, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, i love the DMC Series (except for part 2), but nontheless, the DMC series deliver some hardcore solid action. But its funny becuase just the other day i said to my nephew and wife "Ill hold on the PS3 till they announce DMC4" But if it comes to Xbox360, well i guess the PS3 will wait until KH3 is released in like 2010....
Old 05-19-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I had DMC I but I never really got into it. The game series I miss is the Onimusha series. I had it and finished it. I had even purchased "Genma Onimusha" for XBOX but I never finished that version. Onimusha II was cool but I never got to finish that one and by III I had sold my PS2. I hope they do something with this series. Anyway, I think this non exclusive trend is great.
Old 05-19-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Sorry if i dont like games with backpacks, i have bad exepriences with them! =(( LOL

I actually busted out the gamecube again today and gave Super Mario Sunshine another shot. What in Scoobys name do you guys find enjoyable about this game, i shall never know. I switched to Lost Planet E3 Demo on the Xbox 360, and bam, i was finally Gaming!

But anyway, we're discussing DMC here!
Why do you equate the Gamecube with one game? All you ever do is take cheapshots about Nintendo by referring to a "backpack." You don't like Mario Sunshine, we get it. There are other games that were released for the system though.
Old 05-19-06, 09:49 AM
Retired

I still think Wii isnt for the hardcore gamer like me...

It's just not for you. There are hardcore gamers out their that love Nintendo's games and can't wait the Wii.

I guess you could say the Wii isn't for mainstream US hardcore gamers. But implying its not for hardcore gamers overall is incorrect.
Old 05-19-06, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I guess you could say the Wii isn't for mainstream US hardcore gamers. But implying its not for hardcore gamers overall is incorrect.
Word.

Devil May Cry.. pretty fun games but I can't stand the main character at all.

As for not being a PS3 exclusive, well I say that's fine. Microsoft is going to need as much Japanese support as they can get if Xbox is going to break out of its mainstream MTV shell. Still, this isn't quite so shocking. Let's see Final Fantasy XIII be cross platform and maybe some noise will be made.
Old 05-19-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's just not for you.

Uh, isn't that what he said? Granted, I guess one could read, "like Me", a number of ways.
Old 05-19-06, 11:08 AM
Retired

Yes, but he expanded by saying "hardcore gamers like me," which I take to mean that he thinks no other hardcore gamers will be in to the Wii either.
Old 05-19-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes, but he expanded by saying "hardcore gamers like me," which I take to mean that he thinks no other hardcore gamers will be in to the Wii either.
Ok, fair enough. I took it as "like me" so in a way he's right...if the gamers are like him.
Old 05-19-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Like mii?

With higher cost developing games I expect more titles to become multiconsole. Companies need to get the more money back. So expect more titles to appear in PS3, Xbox 360, wii, PS2, Xbox, Ps1, GC, DS, PSP, cellphones!
Old 05-19-06, 12:24 PM

I'm really confused. Did I get a different article from everyone else? When I clicked on the link, there was an update saying that they had misinterpreted the interview that the DMC 4 is definitely a PS3 exclusive.
Old 05-19-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by vinhj
I'm really confused. Did I get a different article from everyone else? When I clicked on the link, there was an update saying that they had misinterpreted the interview that the DMC 4 is definitely a PS3 exclusive.
Oh Snap! It does say that at the end.
Old 05-19-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vinhj
Yes, you did get a different article. Hence the "update"
Old 05-19-06, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn. I guess Devil May Cry on 360 was too good to be true. Hopefully, Team Ninja will make a Ninja Gaiden game for 360. That would make up for it.
Old 05-19-06, 07:51 PM
Banned by request

I'm sure we'll see Ninja Gaiden on the 360.
Old 05-22-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DMC3:SE was an excellent game, leagues above the original DMC (which was one of the reasons I got a PS2 in the first place). While I'm certainly looking forward to DMC4, with that $600 PS3 price tag, it's safe to assume that it will be a Greatest Hit by the time I get a chance to own it in all likeliness.