Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

E3 2006: Software Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E3 2006: Software Discussion

So, E3 is a little more than a week away so let's get some discussion started! I figure with the PS3 and Revolution it might be better to have separate threads for E3 to discuss hardware and software.. since I don't care too much for hardware, somebody else can start that thread. This one will be for software (unless the mods think two threads aren't needed).

Square-Enix has me by the sack this year.. they've got a slew of games that are going to be first-day buys for me! And that's just from what they've let the public know what's going to be on show!

PS2:
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy VII: Vincent May Cry
Dawn of Mana
Valkyrie Profile 2

PSP:
Valkyrie Profile 1

DS:
Final Fantasy III
Children of Mana

GBA:
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI

When I can access some sites when I get home, I'll post some more software known to be at the show. I'll try to keep up with Nintendo and Sony stuff, somebody else can post any Microsoft lineups (unless it's Blue Dragon!).

So, what about wild rumors?

Kid Icarus Revolution
Nights 2
Earthbound Advance
Old 04-27-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally can't wait to get my hands on God of War 2 from Sony...and any of the dozens of PS3 demos (Warhawk, MGS4??) to see how they play. As for the 360, I just want to play Saint's Row again and see how it's coming along, as this will most likely make or break the system for me!

This will be the first year where I get to attend all 3 days as I won a hotel and stuff I should be able to play everything multiple times this year, plus it won't be as busy as last year, since it was nearly impossible to register.
Old 04-27-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/703/703347p1.html

Today Buena Vista games and Q Entertainment announced that they will produce four new puzzle titles: Lumines II for PlayStation Portable, Lumines Plus for PlayStation 2, Every Extend Extra for PSP, and Meteos: Disney Edition for the Nintendo DS.
Old 04-27-06, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703515p1.html

Famitsu polled gamers and software makers about their interest at E3. Both parties were most interested in Nintendo's new hardware. 47.4% of software makers and 45.3% of gamers expressed interest in Revolution. This topped PlayStation 3, which got 36.8% of the developer vote and 44.8% of the gamer vote. The remaining 15.8% of developers didn't respond to the question. For users, 4.4% selected Xbox 360 with 5.5% selecting "other hardware." The magazine did not reveal the number of participants in the survey.

Developers were also asked to reveal how many secret titles they have planned to unveil at the show. Of the 19 companies polled, 12 revealed that they have undisclosed titles to show, with two listing no secrets for the show and 5 giving no response. Of those with secret titles to show, 5 companies stated that at least one of the secret titles is for Revolution. PS3 and PSP were each listed by 2 companies, with GameCube, PS2 and DS getting one company each. Five companies had secret titles whose hardware they would not confirm with the magazine.

Of the companies listed in Famitsu, Bandai Namco games had the most titles, with PS2 getting the brunt of the playable offerings. For Xbox 360, Culdecept Saga will appear in video-only, with Gundam seeing its playable debut. PS3 will have Gundam, Tekken 6 and Ridge Racer 7 all shown in video form.

Ubisoft's list of titles includes some big next generation offerings. PS3 will see Assassin and Game V. Xbox 360 will see BIA Hell's Highway, Rainbow Six Vegas and Splinter Cell Double Agent. PS2 and Xbox 360 will see Open Season. Dark Messiah and Red Steel are listed as hardware TBA. Playable/video status of the Ubisoft titles is not listed in the magazine.

Tecmo has revealed to Famitsu just three titles set for the show. Korobot Adventure will appear for the PS2, with Xbox 360 getting Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 and Revolution getting Pangya Revolution. All three titles will be shown in video form.

The magazine lists two Xbox 360 offerings from THQ. Moto GP will appear in playable form, with Saints Row being shown via video.

Koei's next generation efforts are all going the video route. Fatal Inertia and Blade Storm will be shown for the PS2, with Samurai Warriors 2 getting its Xbox 360 debut. The magazine lists Samurai Warriors 2 as playable, but we wouldn't be surprised if this is for the PS2 version.

Capcom has a large lineup of playable titles. Okami, God Hand and Street Fighter Zero Fighters Generation will be available for the PS2. Xbox 360 will have Lost Planet and Dead Rising in playable states. The magazine doesn't list any Capcom PS3 titles.

Square Enix's lineup is current generation only. The company will display Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XII and Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria in playable form for the PS2. Seiken Densetsu 4 for the PS2 will be shown in video form.
Old 04-27-06, 08:57 PM

Ok, Now I am most looking foreward to either of those Lumines games!!
Old 04-28-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Could NIGHTS 2 be an E3 surprise?

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/702/702606p1.html

April 20, 2006 - Each weekly issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine has a tiny rumor section, a small black box taking up less than 1/6 of one of the black and white pages buried in the middle of the magazine. A couple of weeks back, the rumor section stated that Sega would be bringing a Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) sequel to the PlayStation 3. This week, something even juicier: Revolution will be getting an action game in which you fly a clown-like magician through the sky. The game will be made by a game creator who recently went independent.

Put a few pieces together, and this rumor seems to suggest that Sega's Nights Into Dreams will at last be getting a sequel, and it will be on the Revolution.

The rumor story goes on to hint that this little bit has something to do with a recent conversation the writers had with someone who created a famous bearded character.

Series creator Yuji Naka has, in previous interviews, hinted that he would like a special controller interface for a sequel to the game that many consider to be one of the Saturn's finest titles. We're not sure what famous bearded characters Naka has made in the past, though.

Rumors of a new Nights have officially appeared on the eve of every E3/CES since the original's release back in 1996. The fact that this is coming from Famitsu's rumor section gets us a bit more excited, but we'll wait for confirmation before letting our dreams run wild.
Old 04-28-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ridge Racer 7 and Tekken 6 may be shown for PS3?
Old 04-28-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like there is going to be a Halo 3 trailer (or teaser).

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/703/703671p1.html

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 04-28-06 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-28-06, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The video is allegedly two minutes long, although its contents weren't divulged. We're guessing a wild breathtaking battle on Earth. Knowing Microsoft, the publisher will want to show all real, in-game engine footage to counter Sony's fantastical CG videos from E3 2005. When Microsoft was contacted, the company issued its standard reply, "We don't comment on speculation and rumors."

This is going to be like Zelda Extreme.. a video to try and grab some cheap attention at E3 and then no game for two or three years. I'd piss my pants if the trailer ended with a black screen with the text: "HALO 3: Coming the day the PS3 comes out."
Old 04-28-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

This is going to be like Zelda Extreme.. a video to try and grab some cheap attention at E3 and then no game for two or three years. I'd piss my pants if the trailer ended with a black screen with the text: "HALO 3: Coming the day the PS3 comes out."
Yeah, it's a fairly obvious attempt at stealing some thunder from the other two.
Old 04-28-06, 08:37 PM
Retired

I'm most anxious to find out what the Rev (Wii or whatever) Zelda features are. Keeping an eye on FFXII as well.
Old 04-29-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://ds.ign.com/articles/703/703796p1.html

April 28, 2006 - In a burst of enthusiastic candor, Koei today revealed its lineup of showcase titles for this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo. While no one is surprised at a few Dynasty Warriors showing up at the party with their Samurai pals, seasoned gamers will perk up to see Gitaroo Man returning to the stage. Here's the list:

* Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War (PS3)
* Dynasty Warriors BB (working title) (web-based)
* Dynasty Warriors DS (DS)
* Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2 (PSP)
* Fatal Inertia (PS3)
* Gitaroo Man Lives! (PSP)
* Samurai Warriors 2 (PS2, X360)
* Uncharted Waters Online (web-based)

We'll have more on these and plenty of other titles straight from the E3 show floor in Los Angeles next month. Pray for us.
Old 04-29-06, 10:18 AM

"As for the 360, I just want to play Saint's Row again and see how it's coming along, as this will most likely make or break the system for me!"

That's one sentence I thought I'd never see.

The expectations for Saint's Row for most, seemingly, have been lowered so much that it'll just be a bonus title to the 360's library if it turns out good. There's little talk of it on any forum.
Old 04-29-06, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

I'd be shocked if Halo 3 wasn't released at the same time as the Halo movie next summer. Possibly a couple months earlier or after, where you need to see and play both to get the full story.
Old 04-29-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mr.snowmizer
"As for the 360, I just want to play Saint's Row again and see how it's coming along, as this will most likely make or break the system for me!"

That's one sentence I thought I'd never see.

The expectations for Saint's Row for most, seemingly, have been lowered so much that it'll just be a bonus title to the 360's library if it turns out good. There's little talk of it on any forum.

I thought it looked like one of the better 360 titles, if not the best, at last year's E3 (though it wasn't playable). These massive delays though... There must be something majorly wrong with it.

I'm curious to see if Atlus announces Persona 3. My guess is they won't, but will use the announcement of Raidou to soften the blow.
Old 04-29-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tenaciousdave
I'd be shocked if Halo 3 wasn't released at the same time as the Halo movie next summer. Possibly a couple months earlier or after, where you need to see and play both to get the full story.
It worked for Enter the Matrix
Old 04-29-06, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am still waiting on Duke Nukem Forever.
Old 04-29-06, 09:25 PM

I know some of you are skeptical of my info but here goes anyways: PS3 will have numerous demos to play, including Genji 2, NBA 07, and Warhawk. Warhawk will be online multiplayer and linked to San Diego to play against the testers. I can't wait to try it out, supposed to be really fun. I am also eager to play Loco Roco on PSP, that game looks like the next Katamari.
Old 04-30-06, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tenaciousdave
Id like for the movie to be a prequel to the game series. Seeing Halo 3 will be a highlight of E3 for sure.

Other games I am looking forward to seeing more of

Resistance Fall of Man
Lair
Gears of War
God of War 2
Old 04-30-06, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm interested in seeing what's coming down the pike on the XBLA. Also hoping to hear about a Gun sequel.

E3 is just Halo 3 news for me. The only game that sounds exciting is Loco Roco. Hopefully there's a PS* port as I don't want to buy a PSP just for that game.
Old 05-01-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gitaroo Man Lives looks like it's just a port with a couple of new levels.
Old 05-01-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would like to hear more info about the 360's upcoming Test Drive: Unlimited. I don't own a racing game yet and may wait for that. I like the idea of it.
Old 05-01-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's Namco-Bandai's press release about upcoming titles for next-gen systems:

Triple-A franchises including Tekken and Ridge Racer will both be making their way to the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Ridge Racer® 7 will bring racing excitement to a new level when it ships to PLAYSTATION 3, while TEKKEN® 6 will pack a punch as an acclaimed fighting franchise.

Taking full advantage of the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, MOBILE OPS™: The One Year War will take mechanized warfare to the next level as the player enters the intense battlefields of The One Year War as a soldier who fights by foot, in vehicles and in a wide array of mecha. Boasting online play and high definition graphics, Mobile Ops: The One Year War will bring the battlefield into the player’s living room in the most immersive mech-action game to date.

Also making its way to the Xbox 360 is the newest installment of the popular card battle series, Culdcept Saga. The popular puzzle series’ latest installment is being developed by Omiya Soft and will feature exciting online battle via Xbox Live.
Old 05-01-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Also making its way to the Xbox 360 is the newest installment of the popular card battle series, Culdcept Saga. The popular puzzle series’ latest installment is being developed by Omiya Soft and will feature exciting online battle via Xbox Live.
I have never even heard of this but i'm excited for any sort of card battling/trading game. Echoes of Phantom Dust and MtG all over again i hope.
Old 05-01-06, 01:58 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That online card game does sound fun. Will have to check it out. At least I'll have someone to dual against, if Miyu gets the game as well.
Which is probably a given.

Interested in FFVII game. I haven't heard a thing about it, but now am intrigued

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.