Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The One, The Only: Kingdom Hearts II Thread - US Release 03/28!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One, The Only: Kingdom Hearts II Thread - US Release 03/28!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This hasn't been quietly delayed, has it? I haven't seen a gold announcement yet and I noticed that neither CC nor Target has it advertised according to speedy's weekly ad posts.
Old 03-21-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Do you hear that? That's the sound of Kingdom Hearts II coming out next week! *swoons*
Damn bills to pay. I so wanna pick this up when it's released.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-21-06 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-21-06, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pinata242
This hasn't been quietly delayed, has it? I haven't seen a gold announcement yet and I noticed that neither CC nor Target has it advertised according to speedy's weekly ad posts.
I doubt it.. a game "going gold" isn't always news worthy.
Old 03-21-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I doubt it.. a game "going gold" isn't always news worthy.
Especially if that game's been out for months in Japan
Old 03-21-06, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamestop.com just emailed me a coupon for free overnight shipping. Code: KH21D
Old 03-22-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
damn. too much stuff is coming out this month. I have my pre-order at TRU, can't wait for this to drop next week.

I wasn't a fan of the first one because of the battle camera, but I've heard a lot people say they re-did it, so I'm going to give this a try.
Old 03-22-06, 03:05 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It is definitely coming out on the specified date. We've had confirmation of it for over a month.
Old 03-22-06, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but is this more than a kid's game? I remember the rabid following for the first Kingdom Hearts when it came out, but I just guessed that it was kind of an easy kid's game and it wouldn't interest me. I was just assuming that based on the Disney thing, but that's what I was going on. Is this not the case?
Old 03-22-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redcat
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but is this more than a kid's game? I remember the rabid following for the first Kingdom Hearts when it came out, but I just guessed that it was kind of an easy kid's game and it wouldn't interest me. I was just assuming that based on the Disney thing, but that's what I was going on. Is this not the case?
It certainly isn't the case. The disney license is the only "kiddy" trapping of the game (and even then, Disney movies in and of themselves are all ages fair, not on par with Blues Clues and the like), but even still it is a straight up action-rpg game. Certainly not easy as I ran into a couple of problems with bosses. If you like RPGs at all, you'll probably love KH. One of the best uses of a license since the Domino's Noid game for the Genesis .

It is whimsical though, which is a nice change of pace from all of the "mature" games on the market.

I can't believe this game is coming out next week. I haven't seen one TV ad yet, but the game rags are all plastered with KH2 goodness.

Last edited by boredsilly; 03-22-06 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-22-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kingdom Hearts is light-hearted in its tone (though it has some more "serious" parts) but the gameplay is solid, solid, solid. It's very much like an actual Disney movie in that it can be enjoyed be people of any age. It's not definitely not like most Disney games that are made to just cash in on the recognition and are usually pretty poor.. the game is EXCELLENT and has a pretty solid difficulty to boot (with a hardcore hard mode as well!).
Old 03-22-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly
It certainly isn't the case. The disney license is the only "kiddy" trapping of the game (and even then, Disney movies in and of themselves are all ages fair, not on par with Blues Clues and the like), but even still it is a straight up action-rpg game. Certainly not easy as I ran into a couple of problems with bosses. If you like RPGs at all, you'll probably love KH. One of the best uses of a license since the Domino's Noid game for the Genesis .

It is whimsical though, which is a nice change of pace from all of the "mature" games on the market.

I can't believe this game is coming out next week. I haven't seen one TV ad yet, but the game rags are all plastered with KH2 goodness.
Good to know. I haven't picked up a new game in awhile, and this sounds like it might be just the thing. I like the idea of something whimsical, but still challenging and interesting.
Old 03-22-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by redcat
Good to know. I haven't picked up a new game in awhile, and this sounds like it might be just the thing. I like the idea of something whimsical, but still challenging and interesting.
I think Best Buy is selling KH1 for $10 with a KH2 purchase next week. Check speedy's weekly BB thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=459700

$60 might be a lot to spend on 2 games you don't know if you'll like, but it is a pretty good deal and a good way to get right into it and not have to stop.
Old 03-22-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm conflicted.

Do I fight the assholes at Gamestop and pick it up on release day?

Or should I wait until Thursday to see if Fry's has a deal on it?
Old 03-22-06, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You're lucky to even have that conflict. I'll happily pay the full retail because that's all we've got.
Old 03-22-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Fry's is nice.

Though, last time I "couldn't wait" and picked up Metroid Prime 2 on release date at full retail.. Fry's had it for like $35 on Thursday and I probably got about 30 minutes of playtime before the weekend. I think I was moving at the time so I guess I won't have that time problem this time.

I could be a real dick, pick it up at Gamestop and play it, then get it at Fry's IF they have a sale and return that one to Gamestop. Though, I don't think I'm THAT much of a cheapskate.. once I have it in my hands the extra 30 minute drive to save $10 probably won't be worth it.
Old 03-22-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pixy I thought you already played the import through?

I'm going to wait a few days as I want to polish off Prince of Persia (should only take a few hours) before I pick this up. Of course I have a stack of halfway played games, but those other ones can wait.
Old 03-22-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Pixy I thought you already played the import through?
Yes, but only until I got to the first Disney world (about 5 hours or so?) and I showed off various aspects to my friends to further hype it (not that it needed it) and then I sold it. That was always my plan, to just get a taste because the waiting was killing me. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of the Gummi Ship levels now! So cool.
Old 03-22-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=831719

* Limited Edition guide includes an exclusive art book, foldout, bonus content and more!
Old 03-22-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Grrr... Don't they get enough of my money already. I'm curious what this "more" is they refer to.

Only $25.49 w/ free shipping on bradygames.com too. Although you can't even pre-order it like you can the regular edition. Does have a publish date of today.

Last edited by pinata242; 03-22-06 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-22-06, 04:10 PM

This book is only $19.99 at Amazon and $17.xx at Buy.com.
Old 03-26-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Target ad shows it on sale for $45, available Thursday. Would be good PM fodder anywhere. It wasn't in speedy's weekly bargain thread I guess becasue it was on a non-dvd/cd/game page.
Old 03-26-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yippie, just won an ebay auction for the first KINGDOM HEARTS for just 4.06 Euro (~ $4.90). Hope it is a good appetizer for the sequel.
Old 03-26-06, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Now the real question...is the cover 'shiney'?
Old 03-26-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Grrr... Don't they get enough of my money already. I'm curious what this "more" is they refer to.

Only $25.49 w/ free shipping on bradygames.com too. Although you can't even pre-order it like you can the regular edition. Does have a publish date of today.
man I cannot wait, just under a week till this game comes out! I'm so pumped! Except then I remember the work I have to finish before tuesday and I get depressed, but then once I finish that I'll be playing this non-stop (haven't even finished grandia III yet but I'm putting that on hold when I get this).

I was wondering what the "and more" content is as well for that strategy guide. I do know brady has put soundtracks in their guides before, could that be it?

edit: I guess that means I'll be going to Target this week .

Last edited by Outlaw; 03-26-06 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-26-06, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Outlaw
man I cannot wait, just under a week till this game comes out! I'm so pumped! Except then I remember the work I have to finish before tuesday and I get depressed, but then once I finish that I'll be playing this non-stop (haven't even finished grandia III yet but I'm putting that on hold when I get this).

I was wondering what the "and more" content is as well for that strategy guide. I do know brady has put soundtracks in their guides before, could that be it?

edit: I guess that means I'll be going to Target this week .
IF you plan on getting the Strat guide you are bettter off getting it at Game Crazy/EB. They give you a discount if you buy the game and guide together (30% at Game Crazy...which is $9 off if you get the deluxe guide)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.