Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Live Question

Old 01-02-06, 10:08 PM
Li

Xbox Live Question

I have an Live account that I tired to cancel last year, that just renewed itself and is now running off of a cancel credit card. I tried to cancel the account early last year on the day it was supposed to renew, but they told me it was too late and I'd be charged for another year. Soon after the card that was attached to the account was canceled. They were supposed to cancel the Live account, but didn't, and Iím not sure what'll happen when they realize the credit card no longer exists. I've e-mailed them about this but they want me to do the phone waiting game to get any real help.

I assume they'll just delete the account when this comes to light? When this happpens I assume I'll be able to start a new account?

Last edited by Li; 01-02-06 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-03-06, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe if the card was cancelled when the Live charge was pending, then the charge would still go through. If the card was closed before the renewal, then I would not even worry about it. As for another live account, I don't see any problems starting a new one, but I assume you would use a new ID...
Old 01-03-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They will cancel your ACCOUNT whenever you want. That was a line of BS from the customer service rep. I had like 3 months left on a LIVE account and I entered a Pre-Paid card on my account and my credit card was credited the difference (my 3 months remaining)
Old 01-03-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Took them about a month after my account expired and they could not charge the card because I had cancelled it and received a new card with a new account number.

They sent a couple of emails to the account I had associated with it and they eventually locked the account on Live and my Xbox stopped being able to login automatically, etc.

I opened a new account for my 360 (Silver with the 1 month free upgrade to Gold) as I did not really want to play online, just wanted to be able to get the BC updates, and download stuff, etc. Kind of sucked as I had to get a new gamertag because the old one expired, but just wasn't worth paying to renew it for my purposes at the time.
Old 01-03-06, 03:42 PM
Li

Originally Posted by jon-w9
I believe if the card was cancelled when the Live charge was pending, then the charge would still go through. If the card was closed before the renewal, then I would not even worry about it. As for another live account, I don't see any problems starting a new one, but I assume you would use a new ID...
The card's been canceled for about a year now, right after they charged me the last time for another year (which I paid). I'm not too worried about the ID if I lose it.