Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

DEAD or Alive 4 XBOX 360-Anyone get it yet?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DEAD or Alive 4 XBOX 360-Anyone get it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange and Beandip? Nice, maybe I'll actually be able to win a few matches now.

Just got the game myself, add me to your friends list if you like.
Old 01-23-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've got the whole week to play story mode. That will help you out a lot.
Old 01-23-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I don't really play that often but started picking it up again.
I have completed 3 fighter's story mode.

I still can't get over the cheapness of the AI, especially that Alpha character who is the lamest.
There were numerous times that I had her health down to a milimeter and plenty of my own health when the AI decided to win, grab me and started an endless combo as I stared dumbfounded.
It is even more of a letdown when notice how boring the character design is. They really seem to have given up. They should have at least made her seem human and then morph into whatever she is.
Old 01-23-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by aerobson
Strange and Beandip? Nice, maybe I'll actually be able to win a few matches now.

Just got the game myself, add me to your friends list if you like.
LMAO!!! I do believe Czar just called you both pussies are you just gonna sit back and take it?
Old 01-23-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just picked this game up over the weekend. think i finished about 3-4 stories. add me to your friends list so i can in to the online action. im sure you guys can never have to many punching bags to practice on. GT: chibearfan
Old 01-23-06, 12:21 PM

Ok, I'm bored at work today, and that's not a good thing.

I was surfing the 'Net and found this...http://www.360insider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1152

For those too lazy to click the link, it's the DOA4 Arcade Stick. Man, that looks sweet. After reading a few reviews online at various sites, and seeing almost 100% positive remarks (aside from it not being wireless), I'm thinking about buying it. If I can find one instock at an EB or Gamestop near my work, I'll probably go on my lunch break. Any thoughts?
Old 01-23-06, 12:28 PM

Ok, I'm bored at work today, and that's not a good thing.

I was surfing the 'Net and found this...http://www.360insider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1152

For those too lazy to click the link, it's the DOA4 Arcade Stick. Man, that looks sweet. After reading a few reviews online at various sites, and seeing almost 100% positive remarks (aside from it not being wireless), I'm thinking about buying it. If I can find one instock at an EB or Gamestop near my work, I'll probably go on my lunch break. Any thoughts?
Whatever advantage you think you need man, go for it

Edit* BTW that thing looks awesome.

Last edited by kakihara1; 01-23-06 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-23-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That joystick is sweet, but I would guess it's for the most serious DOA players. I don't know how much it would help in my selected button mashing.

rocketsauce, I'll add you tonight so you can join in the fun.
Old 01-23-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BigDave
Great games last night. The tag team matches were a lot of fun.

Sorry I cut out. I rebooted and couldn't get back in with y'all.
I had a great time on Saturday night too. Unfortunately I couldn't stay on any later - my wife was requesting that I turn off the 360 and come to bed. I'll be on again tonight, and hopefully get a few rounds in before 24 is on.
Old 01-23-06, 02:34 PM

about what time (EST) fellas? I'll get on tonight
Old 01-23-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I may try to get on around 7 or 8 CST tonight. Just depends on what's going on.

My wife was gone on Saturday, so I didn't have to worry about her. She's cool with me playing though. She'll watch and do something else while I'm playing.
Old 01-23-06, 02:57 PM

Well, I just got back from GameStop. I found one 3 miles from my office that still had one instock. I had to run back into the office, so I didn't get a chance to look at the controller. The box is huge, bigger than the actual 360 box. I'm looking forward to playing tonight. I'll be online around 6:30 EST or so.

I wasn't even using half of the buttons before because I didn't know what they did. Now that I kinda know what the Free and Throw buttons do, I may actually be able win a few matches. I'll give you an in-game review of the controller if I see any of you online tonight.
Old 01-23-06, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you start kicking our ass, you'll see us all with those by the end of the week.
Old 01-23-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I may try to get on around 7 or 8 CST tonight. Just depends on what's going on.

My wife was gone on Saturday, so I didn't have to worry about her. She's cool with me playing though. She'll watch and do something else while I'm playing.
My wife doesn't mind me playing, but she doesn't stay up very late, and she's a light sleeper, so we usually go to bed at the same time. When we were all online Saturday night, she was watching some of the earlier fights and laughing at a few of the costumes (and the jiggliness). Luckily I had the mic plugged in, so she didn't hear the conversations going on. I play a lot of video games, and she puts up with it most of the time - I have to give her credit for that.

Anyway, I'll probably be on from 8 to 9 EST, give or take. I might pop on again after 10, too.
Old 01-23-06, 03:18 PM

If you start kicking our ass, you'll see us all with those by the end of the week.
yeah no doubt I'll have so many fuckin 360 peripherals it won't even be funny I'm already planning on getting a wheel as soon as they're available too. [up]
Old 01-23-06, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by MaxF
My wife doesn't mind me playing, but she doesn't stay up very late, and she's a light sleeper, so we usually go to bed at the same time. When we were all online Saturday night, she was watching some of the earlier fights and laughing at a few of the costumes (and the jiggliness). Luckily I had the mic plugged in, so she didn't hear the conversations going on. I play a lot of video games, and she puts up with it most of the time - I have to give her credit for that.

Anyway, I'll probably be on from 8 to 9 EST, give or take. I might pop on again after 10, too.
It's a good thing you weren't on with the voice coming through the speakers when Strangehate got online......I think he was about to throw one because of the panty shots
Old 01-23-06, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have any of you finished all the Story Modes?
I liked the final movie, the Elena one, it explains everything about the story. Yeah, DOA4 it's supposed to be a story
Old 01-23-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

rocketsauce, I'll add you tonight so you can join in the fun.

thanks dave
Old 01-24-06, 08:43 AM

Well, last night's games sucked. We had all kinds of people ready for some team action but the lag was so bad it was unplayable. After an hour of creating new lobbies with several individuals with no luck, I decided to go play some Halo. Sorry to bug out on some of you, but I was frustrated with the lag. Hopefully it's not that bad every time we get a bunch of people together. I was looking forward to trying out the new controller. My first impression is pretty positive, though. The controller is huge. I'd say it is as big as the NES Advantage, if not bigger. It made some of the combos really easy to do. I only played a couple of matches, but so far I'm impressed. If you are on the fence about getting it, I'd say do it as soon as possible. Only a few of the GameStops and EB Games had any instock, and it looks like they are not expecting any more shipments. Also, it felt really different, obviously, to use that huge controller. If I spent hours playing the game with the standard 360 wireless controller and then switched to the arcade stick, I'd have to basically relearn the game all over again. I'm glad I got it while the game is still new to me so I can play from the start.
Old 01-24-06, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't even using half of the buttons before because I didn't know what they did. Now that I kinda know what the Free and Throw buttons do, I may actually be able win a few matches. I'll give you an in-game review of the controller if I see any of you online tonight.
What DO those buttons do? I have learned some combos, but am still pretty much button mashing. Need some help.
Old 01-24-06, 09:39 AM

The Free button will block high or low in combination with the direction pad. It will also do counters if pushed at the right time.

The Throw button will grab the opponent if pushed at the right time to start throwing combos.

That is a very basic explanation. I bought the DOA4 book at BB when I picked up the game because there are literally hundreds of possible moves/combos for each player and I thought it would be a good reference manual as I played the game. The book goes into detail what each combo is for every player and all 4 buttons are used extensively in various combinations to pull off some of the moves. The one gripe I have about the manual is that all of the moves are given Japanese (I guess) names, so it is nearly impossible to remember what each one is called and what each move does. I'd much rather have English names, i.e. High Kick, Low Kick, Uppercut, so that it was easier to remember them and know what you are doing. (Hope that made sense.)
Old 01-24-06, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am such a sucker. I bought this game becasue I had some extra credit at Blockbuster, and now you have me considering not only a move book, but a $60 controller. And I really didn't think it was that much fun!

(Cartman)I hate you guys. I hate you guys. I really, really hate you guys.(/Cartman)
Old 01-24-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DamingR
I am such a sucker. I bought this game becasue I had some extra credit at Blockbuster, and now you have me considering not only a move book, but a $60 controller. And I really didn't think it was that much fun!

(Cartman)I hate you guys. I hate you guys. I really, really hate you guys.(/Cartman)
I've bandied about the idea of picking up the controller as well but i've gotten reasonably used to the regular controller so i hate to switch. That and i adore the wireless so much the thought of a wired controller depresses me.

The Japanese names for moves are somewhat odd to remember - especially if it is a stance or a base move that you have to perform other moves out of. I ran into this a great deal when going through the exercises with Brad Wong. I wish i could find the guide though

One question about the movelists though. Brad Wong (the drunken master) has a move in the exercises that lists the button presses and then lists 3 small dots. What in the world are those dots supposed to be? I've tried everything i can think of but i can't get the move to activate.
Old 01-24-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe a pause? I don't know.

I really need to get into the sparring modes. I'll probably do that after I get through the time attacks.
Old 01-24-06, 12:41 PM

xmiyux, if you tell me what the move is called, I can look it up for you when I get home from work tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.