Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rare PS1/PS2/Cube Reprint Madness!

Old 12-12-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Rare PS1/PS2/Cube Reprint Madness!

Looks like a lot of sought-after titles have been getting silent reprints lately and it sounds like more are on the way. Recently copies of Super Puzzle Fighter, Rhapsody, Saiyuki and Persona 2 for the PS1, Gitaroo Man and Rez for the PS2 and Resident Evil 2 & 3 and Cubivore for Gamecube have been showing up in Gamestop stores all over the place.. and some titles rumored to be coming are Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II. If you missed out on any of these, check your local Gamestop, they'll have them out in the used section but should be completely new (other than being opened). The prices are a bit steep ($30-$40) but are still fractions of what they were at one point on the resale market.
Old 12-12-05, 11:37 AM

Too bad local gamestop is about an hour+ from me... hehe.
Old 12-12-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gitaroo man, Rez, RE 2 & 3 and cubivore were really that rare? Were they really going for that much on the secondary market?
Old 12-12-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tanman
Gitaroo man, Rez, RE 2 & 3 and cubivore were really that rare? Were they really going for that much on the secondary market?
I'm not sure about Cubivore, but the others were selling in the $70-$100 range not too long ago.
Old 12-12-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It is also said that Sega will begin selling the dreamcast again, only in japan though.
Old 12-12-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know that some of the other titles made it to Gamestop B&Ms, but can you confirm Rez? I am looking for that game, and have not seen that confirmed anywhere yet.
Old 12-12-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen used copies of RE 2&3 for gamecube at gamestop for about $40 for a while now. That was a little too steep for me then, so I'll still wait for the price to drop a little more.
Old 12-12-05, 05:38 PM

yea , got Gitaro man when I worked at EB about a year ago. Girl brought it in and I asked like 3 times... are you sure you want to trade this game in? She said yes... and I was like.. OK , thank you!

Had REZ at my store too, but no manual and was thinking of getting it even tho... one day I come in and they had to pull it to send to warehouse...
Old 12-12-05, 06:03 PM
Banned by request

I just picked up Cubivore yesterday at work.
Old 12-12-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I've been seeing Cubivore and Gitaroo man around at the local GS. No Suikoden II unfortunately (although the guy that worked there said some guy brought in a copy, but decided not to sell it when they found out how much they were giving for it), but I did find a copy of Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen.
Old 12-12-05, 07:17 PM

This is not actually rare but sealed copies of Ecco the Dolphin PS2 started showing on ebay.
Old 12-12-05, 07:46 PM

wow if Suikoden II is true then thats awesome. I'll never part with my copy but it goes for tons on eBay.
Old 12-13-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DamingR
I know that some of the other titles made it to Gamestop B&Ms, but can you confirm Rez? I am looking for that game, and have not seen that confirmed anywhere yet.
I've seen all the other games but Rez all around Dallas.. but there are a few people on Digital Press claiming to see copies popping up. It could be new, I know it took a week or two for me to see Gitaroo Man after other people claimed to have seen copies appearing. Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II though are a big question mark. Obviously good candidates for a silent reprint but both are PSP bound (at least in Japan).
Old 12-13-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, they're new. I asked one of the Gamestop employees about it. They no longer have the SKUs for new copies of these games and they get in so few that they put them out as used. I did see sealed copies of Gitaroo Man at Fry's so obviously they're better equipped to handle it.
Old 12-13-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry, I was reading through the Digital Press thread and decided to delete my post until I finished.

Might pick up Cubivore and Persona 2...none of the others really interest me that much (I've already got Gitaroo Man and I bought a sealed Japanese copy of Rez a few months back for $20, so spending $45 to buy it a second time doesn't appeal to me that much). If Valkyrie Profile gets re-released I'll be all over that.
Old 12-13-05, 05:34 PM

Any word on Lunar 2 for psx?
Old 12-13-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i don't really mind if they do this but they could at least put them in a player's choice to make them different from the originals.
Old 12-13-05, 06:07 PM

I'd say thats a definite negative, considering that as of yesterday Working Designs is now official dead. Vic made an announcement on the WD message board:

http://www.workingdesigns.com/forum/...d.php?t=118916

edit: sorry I assumed it'd be on the front page.

Last edited by Outlaw; 12-13-05 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-13-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

the front page of what? I checked workingdesigns.com and nothing's there.
Old 12-13-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Working Designs was pretty much dead when the PSone died, but whatever. Atlus is much better at bringing over games from Japan. I liked the Special Edition status Working Designs tried, but they took way too long to localize a game and many times got way out of hand with their translations.
Old 12-15-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

they reprinted Puzzle Fighter for PS1? I haven't seen it at any of the Gamestops I go to, I'd love a copy haha

I know reprints drive collectors mad because their copy is no longer special, but it's nice to get a copy of Persona 2 without having to break the bank.