Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Want to work for Bioware?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Want to work for Bioware?

Bioware (the developers of the PC Baldur's Gate games, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, and Jade Empire) is having a writing contest. The only bad thing is that your writing sample has to be in the form of a Neverwinter Nights module, so you have to know how to program a module. The top 8 winners though will be reviewed for possible employment at Bioware. Even if you are not hired, each winner still receives the following:

* BioWare coffee mug
* BioWare wool cap
* Jade Empire soundtrack
* Jade Empire t-shirt
* Copies of all Premium Neverwinter Nights Modules

Details about the contest can be found here: http://www.bioware.com/biozone/artic...est/index.html
Old 12-02-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this, quite an intriguing way to go about finding someone. I've seen their writing jobs posted on their Web site before, and it requires making a NWN module just the same, only longer and more in depth. I wonder what prompted them to publicly declare a hiring and make it a contest. Maybe lack of people applying? I know other people from the NWN community have been hired on before as well, so doing so is not new for Bioware.
Old 12-02-05, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah it does seem like a really strange way to go about hiring people. I would think they would get enough applications normally. They are a well-respected company that makes really good RPGs. I would think a lot of people would be applying to work there. Bioware is like the American-version of Squaresoft; Squaresoft is the king of Japanese RPGS, and Bioware is the king of American RPGS.
Old 05-22-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
cool way to hire and it makes sense, as ability is as important if not more than the degree these days in the computer world