Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Which Gameboy to get???

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Which Gameboy to get???

Old 11-06-05, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Gameboy to get???

So here's the situation. I'm a dying video game player who peaked during the late 90s with great RPG hits such as FF3, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana. And I nearly died with the N64 but got some gaming back with the Gamecube. But anyways, I loved Animal Crossing on the 'Cube when it came out and I've been eying it's DS debut. And now that I hear that a few more Final Fantasies are coming out I'm wondering which Gameboy I should get. I already have a gamecube and a gba sp but I'm wondering if I should go up to a DS or a Gameboy player.

But I'm leaning towards a portable since the Revolution would be able to play cube games but I'm assuming won't be compatible with the game boy player attachement.

So I guess in essence my post is about whether I should get a DS, just use my SP, or wonder and wait if Nintendo will rebirth something new...
Old 11-06-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I would only get a DS if the games on it appeal to you. If all you want to play are GBA games I would to stick with what you have. However, with the Cube near the end of its life I would keep an eye out on those GameBoy Players. You might end up finding them on clearance some where.

The DS really has some good games though and its a worthwhile purchase if you think you would play stuff like Animal Crossing.
Old 11-06-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I vote DS.
Old 11-06-05, 10:51 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the DS games also appeal to you AND you have no desire to play the old GB/GBC games (as the DS won't play them), then get a DS. It has some great games and a great screen.

If you don't want any DS games, and only play at home. Get the GB player. Better to play on the TV and it plays GB, GBC and GBA games.

If you play on the go, and don't want DS games, then just get the GBA SP.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 11-06-05 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-06-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ds.
Old 11-06-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd get the DS. You'll be able to play Final Fantasy I-VI, Children of Mana, and Animal Crossing on it, plus if you've gotten bored with games recently, you may enjoy some of the new styles of games like Trauma Center and Kirby: Canvas Curse.
Old 11-06-05, 04:16 PM

Hey thanks for the suggestions everyone!