Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

One/Only: Animal Crossing Wild World - 12/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One/Only: Animal Crossing Wild World - 12/05/05

Official date per Nintendo.com: 12/05/05.

I figure this game needs a thread outside of the O/O DS thread. I'm sure there will be a lot of trading and meeting discussion due to the wireless mode. Me? I'm avoiding this game like the black plague lest it devour my soul like the Gamecube version did.
Old 09-26-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
I absolutely cannot wait for this one. I am still playing the GC one, although I will have a lot of weeds to pick once I get back to the Shire.

There is some sort of thread in the Nintendo website and they are starting to divide jobs and such. I have no idea how this will work or what it is exactly that they are trying to do.
Old 09-26-05, 02:41 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will buy this game launch week for $29.99 at Fry's most likely, unless EB games has some trade in special or something.
Old 09-26-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh man, I am so afraid to buy this. I had a lot of fun with the Cube version and though it does suck there are no old games as presents in this one I'm sure I will still buy it and enjoy it.
Being able to go and visit other peoples villages online is going to be weird. I'll really have to try and cut back on all the Satanic themes that somehow trickled into my Cube village.
Old 09-26-05, 05:00 PM

Aww... you know Satan is master! All kidding aside this game is going to be what every fan of the original wanted, an online open world to explore. The screenshot in the latest issue of Nintendo Power of K.K. singing in a bar made me laugh. I haven't seen anything about job's but it sounds interesting.
Old 09-26-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
I'll really have to try and cut back on all the Satanic themes that somehow trickled into my Cube village.

I'm buying this on release day. I can't wait. My sister and 2 of her friends already bought DS's in anticipation for this game.

It's gonna be pure chaos when we get our hands on this. It's been awhile since I've played my GC town, but i played it every single day for a year, and I can't say that about any other game to this date. I wonder what my townsfolk are up to. I'm actually afraid to talk to them because its been so long, they're gonna hang me .
Old 09-26-05, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
It's going to be nice to finally get my hands on this. The only thing that really held me back from completely enjoying the last one was not really having anyone to share the experience with. Being able to play with people online should really up the replay factor for me.
Old 09-30-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://infendo.blogspot.com/2005/09/...work-play.html

Animal Crossing DS Network Play
Apparantly, NOA has released some network play details for Animal Crossing DS today. Here's what we can expect:

DS Local Area Network
When players are within wireless range of other people who have Animal Crossing: Wild World, they can travel to one other's towns. One person will be the host and open up his or her town gate to visitors. Up to three others within range can exit their town gates to travel to the host's town, where they can do all sorts of things: fish, write letters to townsfolk, shop at the store, cut down trees, anything. Up to four players can interact in real time, communicating with text messages and emoticons. (All players must have game cards for multiplayer mode.)

After players visit another town, the following events may take place.

* One of the characters in the town they visited might move to their town, and a character from their town might move to the town they visited.
* "Bottle mail," a bottle containing a letter written by someone in another town, might wash ashore in their town.
* Constellations created by someone visiting their town might appear in the night sky.
* This mode is open to anyone in Local Wireless range – there is no need for people to pre-register on friend rosters.

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
Wireless multiplayer mode plays the same as the DS Local Area Network multiplayer, except that players connect using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Players must know one another and register one another to their friend roster before they can connect. For example, if player A plans to visit player B's town, both player A and B need to register each other's names. The friend roster window is accessible anytime during the game. There are two ways to register names to the friend roster:

* Register using DS Local Area Network mode. When players visit another town, they can register the host and other visitors to their friend roster, and others in the town can register them to their lists as well. Players also can register anyone who visits their town, and visitors also can register players in the towns they visit. It's very easy to register friends. Players simply tap the friend roster icon, then tap the names of the people they want to register – they'll instantly be added to the friend roster.
* Players can register the Friend Registration Key, or password, of a person they want to play with. Players receive Friend Registration Keys when they register their games with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. They can then exchange friend codes with others by phone/e-mail/online bulletin boards and use them to add their friends to their lists.

Should be a blast to learn more about the wi-fi system. Remember, Iwata said they will be releasing more details in October prior to the November launch. Can't wait to see what they're gonna do with wireless!
Old 09-30-05, 07:34 PM

Damn. Constellations? How cool is that? This is going to turn my life upside down like last time, I can feel it.
Old 09-30-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I like the way they are doing the Wi-Fi. You could seriously go and jack up someone's town so its nice that you can pick and choose who goes in. Obviously we will have to set up something here for that, but it is sounding neat. 1500 different items sounds good as well.
Old 10-01-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Yes, definitely liking the system they have set up. Now if you're on someone's friend roster do they have to be playing at the same time as you to visit their town? I don't think anyone around me will have it, so having that online system should be great.