Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout: Revenge = Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotta use the Fanatec Speedster 3 ForceShock racing wheel if you playing it on the xbox. the wheels perfect for this game.
Old 09-19-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Just got this game. I agree, the surround sound is awesome!
Old 09-19-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts
I don't care for the crash modes where there's a ramp - it's hard to tell what you're supposed to do. And when you start off, your car violently drifts to the left - is this a glitch?
Old 09-19-05, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't care for the crash modes where there's a ramp - it's hard to tell what you're supposed to do. And when you start off, your car violently drifts to the left - is this a glitch?
There is wind in the crash tracks, so perhaps you were being blown off course?
Old 09-19-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts
Yeah, but what's the point when there's nothing you can do about it, since you have to stay within a time-limit and can't deviate from the track?
Old 09-19-05, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, but what's the point when there's nothing you can do about it, since you have to stay within a time-limit and can't deviate from the track?
Maybe use a heavier vehicle?

I just got this game a couple of days ago and the graphics are awesome, but it's sometimes hard to see because of the speed and the grittyness/darkness of the graphics style. I still need to play a bit more, but I've already realized that this iteration of Burnout seems to involve more strategy (which I enjoy) than the previous version.

It seems that being able to check traffic makes it harder to takedown opponents. I agree that it's fun to hit cars in from of you and see them fly into the air.

I wish they had the single player non-world tour modes that Burnout 3 had so that I could just jump into a Road Rage or Traffic Check game without having to navigate to one in the World Tour mode.
Old 09-19-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goldblum
Yes.
I thought i had read in some previews on IGN that they had eliminated the rubberband effect in this one. I haven't played it to know if it was true or not but i remember thinking this was something that excited me about this new release.
Old 09-20-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Haven't picked this up yet (waiting for less than $50) but I love Burnout3. Quick question: I just use a controller for B3 but was curious if people have a real strong preference for this game in controller v. wheel. Thoughts?
Old 09-20-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 961 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
I thought i had read in some previews on IGN that they had eliminated the rubberband effect in this one. I haven't played it to know if it was true or not but i remember thinking this was something that excited me about this new release.
That would be great. One of the only few drawbacks to Takedown.
Old 09-20-05, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
Haven't picked this up yet (waiting for less than $50) but I love Burnout3. Quick question: I just use a controller for B3 but was curious if people have a real strong preference for this game in controller v. wheel. Thoughts?

Gotta use the Wheel. I use the Fanatec Speedster 3 ForceShock racing wheel and its 100X better then using the controller. Adds so much to the game then just moving the joy stick left and right. Weaving through the traffic with a wheel is awesome. This game and Fanatec Speedster 3 ForceShock racing wheel is heaven
Old 09-21-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,427 Likes on 874 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
Gotta use the Wheel. I use the Fanatec Speedster 3 ForceShock racing wheel and its 100X better then using the controller. Adds so much to the game then just moving the joy stick left and right. Weaving through the traffic with a wheel is awesome. This game and Fanatec Speedster 3 ForceShock racing wheel is heaven
Just curious, since I have never used a wheel for most racing games, but do you set the wheel on a table, tv tray or something when you play with it? Is there a huge handling difference (more difficulty controlling the car)?
Old 09-21-05, 04:56 PM

This game is all fucked up and has glitches (I bet!)

First off, I CANT get a perfect on the two Preview levels (with the plane symbol) on either the #2 or #4 'area'. What the hell is up with that? I do the laps perfecltey without out crashing and even taking EVERY shortcut. Piece of shit game... Has anyone gotten a perfect here? How?

I got 100% complete on Takedown and I dont recall being this frusturated at bullshit.

The level selections are laid out like crap; the AI is really full of it; takedowns are harder; road rages are timed; and the AI NEVER leaves you! Talk about rubberband, they just stay on your ass, take your boost, everything that takes the fun out of it.

Yea Im dissapointed
Old 09-21-05, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
This game is all fucked up and has glitches (I bet!)

First off, I CANT get a perfect on the two Preview levels (with the plane symbol) on either the #2 or #4 'area'. What the hell is up with that? I do the laps perfecltey without out crashing and even taking EVERY shortcut. Piece of shit game... Has anyone gotten a perfect here? How?
Sounds like you are having problems at the same races I was. The only tip I have is to do the race a couple of times fairly slowly to figure out where the "right" shortcuts are. It seems that not all the shortcuts actually help you out in those preview laps.

I have found the gold times to be inconsistent across the preview laps. I was able to complete some almost 5 - 10 seconds fast than the gold time while some required much more effort.
Old 09-21-05, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Just curious, since I have never used a wheel for most racing games, but do you set the wheel on a table, tv tray or something when you play with it? Is there a huge handling difference (more difficulty controlling the car)?
heres how i usually have it set up and its fits perfect. i dont have it plugged in at the moment. and usually pull up a chair and its perfect. I find it just as easy to control in all the racing games i have played but it just makes the game so much more fun. Racing games arent nearly as fun when you just got a thumbstick to move right to left. Its like playing a Dance Dance Revolution with out the dance pad and just using the controller. Might be easier but not as fun

Last edited by maingon; 09-21-05 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-21-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,427 Likes on 874 Posts
Cool. Does that work with all racing games or just certain ones? What kind of cash does that set you back?
Old 09-21-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have any experience with the wireless racing wheels? Any feedback would be nice before plopping down $50 for one.
Old 09-21-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by maingon
heres how i usually have it set up and its fits perfect. i dont have it plugged in at the moment. and usually pull up a chair and its perfect. I find it just as easy to control in all the racing games i have played but it just makes the game so much more fun. Racing games arent nearly as fun when you just got a thumbstick to move right to left. Its like playing a Dance Dance Revolution with out the dance pad and just using the controller. Might be easier but not as fun

Wow! You must have very long legs! ;-)
Old 09-21-05, 10:13 PM

I usually set the petals pretty close. and put a chair right under the table. It works great on all the racing games i have played. I paid $150.00 at gamestop. you can get it cheaper on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1

but its worth the 150.00 if you can afford it and if you play alot of racing games
Old 09-23-05, 12:26 AM

Only had a chance to play for about 15 minutes, but I can tell it's going to eat up alot of my free time.
Old 09-25-05, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by mtucker
Sounds like you are having problems at the same races I was. The only tip I have is to do the race a couple of times fairly slowly to figure out where the "right" shortcuts are. It seems that not all the shortcuts actually help you out in those preview laps.

I have found the gold times to be inconsistent across the preview laps. I was able to complete some almost 5 - 10 seconds fast than the gold time while some required much more effort.

Why go slow? I know where all the shortcuts are. I take every short cut in the area on some races, NO shortcuts on some, than alternate shortcuts to see what would give me the fucking gold, but nothing works. Is my game glitched up? I have gotten perfects on everything else Ive done; but not these! Something is seriously wrong here!
Old 09-25-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Burnout: Legends is also a great title. Probably the best PSP game yet
Old 09-28-05, 01:41 AM

Bah! Im at 90% and still cant get these 2 stupid levels. Granted I only try them about 3 times; but it seems useless.

The 10 area is full of crap too. These Burning Laps timed races bullshit really suck the life out of this game...
Old 09-28-05, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, I hate the Burning Laps.....I think I'm on about level 4 only, haven't played it in a while.
Old 09-29-05, 04:00 PM

Well you wont want to play the last one than! I did it last night and it took an hour and a half! Luckily I was waiting for Rome to start and I started playing early. But this race is total bullshit. I cant believe I got perfect. Is it wrong to curse the developers of this game and wish evil upon them for making a game and/or level a bit harder than it should be?

I also got the perfects in those two levels I mention previously. I cant believe I didnt try doing these into oncoming traffic! I mean thats all that worked in the last Burnout. I did them both in one try and took only one shortcut in the area 4 level.
Old 09-29-05, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 7,027 Likes on 4,766 Posts
[taps fingers on table]....still waiting. I was happy to get it for $33 from DVD Planet, but danm, this wait is getting absurd.

BTW I'll second Legends. It's a great game and looks almost as good as the console games. I'm just worried I'll mess up my PSP or get the X button to stick by pressing it down THE ENITIRE TIME.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.