Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-05, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timewaster
I find herbs/alchemy an awesome combo for making money.
potions are not permanent, so people are always buying up potions when they've used them up, plus the arcanite transmute is an easy 5-8G every 2 days.
I find selling the herbs to be worth more than the potions. Basically I farm herbs to make myself Major Mana Potions (I can go through several in one fight ) and sell whatever herbs I have leftover. I think I said it before, but if you want to make money on transmutes, finish your scholo quests (from the ghosts in front) and you'll learn both the Major Mana Potion recipe, and Transmute Water to Air, which at current prices can make you 8-10g per day.

Im up to using Vision Dusts, 214 Enchanter, my tailoring hasnt been upped in a long time due to me concentrating on Enchanting, hoping to have 160 Vision Dusts on Hand to go to Uldamaan
If you are hoping to train your enchanting from 225-255 so you can buy all the formulas in Uldaman in one go, is there one that can do that with Vision Dust? I went there with a ton of dream dust expecting to use that, but found that in order to get the skillups I needed a lot of Nether Essence as well.
Old 09-19-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I have skinning and leatherworking. I am at 225 leatherworking and like 278 skinning. I can't go past 225 leatherworking until 40 (which is 2 levels away) so I was wondering if I should drop skinning, and then pick up another skill like herbs so I can pick a bunch of herbs to send to an alt that can do alchemy or a friend that can.

I am always looking for potions for leatherworking, and the prices on my server are a joke.
Old 09-19-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Also to train up you need lots of the items to put enchants onto. i would just plan on having to make a return trip. I went back at level ~45 with a level 60 and it wasnt much of a problem.
Old 09-19-05, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I can't go past 225 leatherworking until 40 (which is 2 levels away)
Are you sure about this? I believe you can become an artisan for all professions at level 35. I believe the trainer you need to talk to is in the Hinterlands though.
Old 09-19-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, it is 35 for artisan not 40
Damn hardcore, how long are your battles lol.. with a 2 minute cooldown on potions how can you go through multiple potions a battle? Is it from bosses in the instances?
Old 09-19-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Also to train up you need lots of the items to put enchants onto. i would just plan on having to make a return trip. I went back at level ~45 with a level 60 and it wasnt much of a problem.
Do you know where the back entrance to uldamann is in the badlands? I'm going to take Drunkallknight through there to get his artisan but i need to know where the backdoor instance is since it's closer
Old 09-19-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The back entrance is north of Kargath, just keep going around everything and keep going north, you will see some dark iron miners and a little cave entrance on the left.

As for enchanting you do know you can just enchant the same item over and over right? If you don't want to enchant your own items repeatedly just buy some cheap low level ones and do it on those.
Old 09-19-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fandango
The back entrance is north of Kargath, just keep going around everything and keep going north, you will see some dark iron miners and a little cave entrance on the left.

As for enchanting you do know you can just enchant the same item over and over right? If you don't want to enchant your own items repeatedly just buy some cheap low level ones and do it on those.

yep, it will just ask you if you'd like to replace the enchantment on it already
Old 09-19-05, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fandango
Yeah I knew that.

From what I can tell from thottbot, someone stated they went from 225 to 250 Enchanting on 160 Vision, theres also another set of items that you can use to upgrade enchanting but that will probly cost more.

and glass, its drunklastknight :P

Last edited by DrunkLastKnight; 09-19-05 at 10:39 PM. Reason: fixing quote
Old 09-20-05, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DrunkLastKnight
Yeah I knew that.

From what I can tell from thottbot, someone stated they went from 225 to 250 Enchanting on 160 Vision, theres also another set of items that you can use to upgrade enchanting but that will probly cost more.

and glass, its drunklastknight :P

yeah whatever, i know for sure you weren't drunk last night so the whole thing is pointless anyways
Old 09-20-05, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hardcore
I find selling the herbs to be worth more than the potions. Basically I farm herbs to make myself Major Mana Potions (I can go through several in one fight ) and sell whatever herbs I have leftover. I think I said it before, but if you want to make money on transmutes, finish your scholo quests (from the ghosts in front) and you'll learn both the Major Mana Potion recipe, and Transmute Water to Air, which at current prices can make you 8-10g per day.

If you are hoping to train your enchanting from 225-255 so you can buy all the formulas in Uldaman in one go, is there one that can do that with Vision Dust? I went there with a ton of dream dust expecting to use that, but found that in order to get the skillups I needed a lot of Nether Essence as well.
where do u get the schoolmance quest to get the recipe for major mana and the transmute? I've been looking for him. Is he outside the schoolmance instance or inside?
I'm assuming u need a 5 man group to complete the quest and it can't be done in a raid?
Old 09-20-05, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Damn hardcore, how long are your battles lol.. with a 2 minute cooldown on potions how can you go through multiple potions a battle? Is it from bosses in the instances?
Heh, it's easy to lose track of time in a long battle, so I can't say how long they are exactly, but all the potions are for the Molten Core, and to a lesser extent Zul'Gurub, where some boss fights can easily last over 5 minutes. Last time we fought Majordomo I went through 3 major mana potions and various other mana sources (demonic runes, night dragon's breath). Good thing I make my own...

where do u get the schoolmance quest to get the recipe for major mana and the transmute? I've been looking for him. Is he outside the schoolmance instance or inside?
Right outside of Scholomance on the right hand side are two ghosts. I don't think they have and exclamation mark, but if you talk to one of them they will tell you a long story. At the end of the story they will give you a quest called "Doctor Theolen Krastinov, the Butcher" to go and kill the butcher. After you do that they'll give you one to kill Jandice Barov, and finally they will give you one to kill Kirtonos. Part of your reward is a trinket that will let you see ghosts in Caer Darrow. One of these ghosts (in the blacksmith area) has the two transmutes as well as some recipes for other professions. There's also another ghost upstairs in Scholomance that will continue the quest chain. And yes, it has to be done in 5 man.
Old 09-20-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone else that the undead can regain "health" by eating things like cheese and apples? Shouldn't they have to eat only fleshy food?

And I know I should have asked this before I've played my mage this far, but do mages get any cool stuff? Like pets, or demons? Or any really cool abilities start unlocking as you level up?
Old 09-20-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought they changed it back at like 1.4 to make it so you couldnt re-enchant an item with the same enchant. i guess i never tried it to make sure.

i thought the front enterance to uldaman was up in the north badlands, and the back enterance is the cave in the middle of the badlands with the elite troggs out front? The enterance in the north has the meeting stone. it is also easier to get through the north entrance, i think.
Old 09-20-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whenever I was in the area people always referred to the one with the meeting stone as the back entrance. The entrance with the troggs is easier to get through as it is possible to just run on through and get into the instance while the other one that is not possible to do.
Old 09-20-05, 02:47 PM

LOL. Why would people refer to the area on the map labeled uldaman, and where you can find the meeting stone for the instance the back entrance? And call the entrance which isn't labeled on the map the front entrance?
Old 09-20-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Eelkram
LOL. Why would people refer to the area on the map labeled uldaman, and where you can find the meeting stone for the instance the back entrance? And call the entrance which isn't labeled on the map the front entrance?
i agree.
on my server front is the meeting stone.
The unlabeled is the back.
Old 09-20-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i know you have to be level 35 to get the 225-300 engineering, but do you have to be level 40 to get cooking of 225-300?
Old 09-20-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As far as i know all trade skills only require 35 for artisan, you may need to buy a book though to learn artisan. I know with fishing and first aid you need to buy or find a book to learn artisan.
Old 09-20-05, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I thought they changed it back at like 1.4 to make it so you couldnt re-enchant an item with the same enchant. i guess i never tried it to make sure.
Ever since I started playing around Mid July Ive always been able to enchant the same thing on an item. It will ask you "Are you sure you want to replace 'X' with 'X'?"
Old 09-20-05, 04:53 PM

I believe for all the secondary profession (Fishing, Cooking, First Aid), you have to be level 40 and have 225 skill to learn the Artisan level.
Old 09-20-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

this could be, I'm probably wrong here. Wouldn't be the first time but i still think you need a book to learn artisan in them though.
Old 09-20-05, 05:15 PM

The book is to learn expert. To get artisan, at level 40 and with 225 skill the trainers in IF/OG will give you a quest to go to the master trainer for that profession. Each trainer has a quest that has to be done to get Artisan. Cooking you need to get some eggs, cheese and clams. Fishing you need to catch 4 fish in different places, and first aid you need to do the whack-a-mole triage quest (for alliance at least).
Old 09-21-05, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by hardcore
The book is to learn expert. To get artisan, at level 40 and with 225 skill the trainers in IF/OG will give you a quest to go to the master trainer for that profession. Each trainer has a quest that has to be done to get Artisan. Cooking you need to get some eggs, cheese and clams. Fishing you need to catch 4 fish in different places, and first aid you need to do the whack-a-mole triage quest (for alliance at least).
It's not in the main cities (IF/ORG). You have to go to different areas. Gadgetzan for the artisan cooking quest. For first aid artisan quests, Hammerfall for horde, Theramore for Alliance.

And fishing, I've never tried.
Old 09-21-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm assuming u need a 5 man group to complete the quest and it can't be done in a raid?
We 9-manned raided Scholo last night and the Ace of Portals, bone wand (?) and major mana recipe drops from last guy (and some other minor stuff) and the freaking warrior who rode me b/c I was only a lvl 56 priest (and 1st time in scholomance) "accidentely" rolled on the the potion b/c it was a green item. I was pissed so he offered 5g compenstation to me for the mix up. I told him to keep it and understand the rules of pass on BoP that we follow on our server til we can sort who gets what out. I did win the bone wand (whatever its called, it has 53dps with +4int) out of 3 ppl rolling so I at least walked away with something. I then asked the warrior if he was an alchemist and alas, NO. What an idiot.

I do not know where the quest giver is.

BTW, is the orb of transformation worth it? I got it for a sweet price off someone (50g plus 3 arcanite bars, normally sells for 250g on my server). Should I keep or sell?

Last edited by neiname; 09-21-05 at 08:10 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.