Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Battlefield 2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a request from another member here; the difference between bf2 pc and bf2 xbox. one is a screen capture from my pc the other from ms's site.

Old 10-27-05, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I keep hearing that this game on XBOX LIVE is nto that great. You can only use EA servers and cannot create your own. I'm still getting it, I have it on order....but I'm not looking for the best. I guess it'll hold me over until 11/22
Old 10-31-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Funny moment from last night:
Last night, on the Wake Island map I was playing for the Chinese Army as a support infantry. I was trying to take over a site when I noticed the flag started rocketing upwards as an American outpost. I turn to the right and like 8 guys come around the corner of a house. yup, I'm ready to respawn.
Old 10-31-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

last night in wake island i sniped like 20 guys from one of the outposts.... but as i go to take a site... my teammate runs me over with a car by mistake...... funny moment indeed
Old 10-31-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, who is playing the XBOX version? I picked it up and I think it is just average. LAG online kinda kills it, plus you cannot create your own room. You think LAG should be obsolete if EA is hosting servers. I was a bit annoyed. The gamplay is pretty good though.
Old 11-02-05, 06:31 PM

Picked this up last night for Xbox. It's ok, but I don't like how the controls feel like you're sliding around. Not really sure if I'll keep it or not.
Old 11-03-05, 09:12 AM

the other night I was having probably my best game ever. Karkand as MEC and despite not starting the round, tank was there so I grabbed it. Most of the credit goes to a fantastic commander, the best ive seen in the game so far. He kept the UAV going right on my tank or the guys on the front line so we could see the enemy coming at all times. Seemed like everytime the tank was starting to get seriously damaged, I didnt even have to say anything and poof here comes the crate. I finished the round 43k/3d and the third death was after I had bailed from the tank, I slid down a hill and was hiding in the grass waiting for the coast to clear up a bit before heading back for another tank when a teammate walked up and emptied a clip into my back.

next round started and I got 7 kills in the tank, and 3 more with my SVD/pistol after I bailed. Just seemed like I was unkillable and could do no wrong. figured I should quit before my luck reversed itself and went to bed when people started crying to even up the teams.
Old 11-03-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love the Karkland map. When I'm on the US side, I grab the machine gun on the right and lay down support for advancing troops. You can still kill the guys hiding behind fences. When I'm on the MEC side, I'm a support infantry and I climb up on the roof on the set of buildings to right of the map. You can easily pick off advancing US troops.
Old 03-16-06, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kinda late to the party, but I picked up Battlefield 2 yesterday and I'm loving it. I played the heck out of BF1942, but for some reason never picked up BF2 or even Vietnam. But man oh man, playing Wake Island 2007 is bringing back some good memories.

So has anyone picked up the Euro Forces booster pack? Is it worth the $10? It seemed kinda high, like something that might have made for a good free update if it wasn't EA behind it, but maybe the new maps are worth it.
Old 03-17-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

euro is worth it
Old 03-17-06, 08:14 AM

I was planning to buy Euro Force, but EA was beaten to the punch by Red Orchestra, so ill be playin that for a while (bayonets ftw)
Old 03-17-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Hospitaller
I was planning to buy Euro Force, but EA was beaten to the punch by Red Orchestra, so ill be playin that for a while (bayonets ftw)
Red Orchestra got old for me real quick, I don't know why because tons of people seem to really like it.

I need to install BF2 again soon, the game is awesome and I haven't played in months.
Old 09-25-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

now that my new PC can play new games i'm looking at this.

Question is EA going to kill support soon and can I play with a legit used copy I buy off ebay?