Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Battlefield 2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was thinking of one time detonating all of my c4 so the bad guys dont capture...... before you know it, i ended up killing myself.....
Old 08-03-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a Geforce 5600 Ultra, 2.6 Ghz P4, and 1GB ram. What are my chances of running this game with decent frame rates with my setup?
Old 08-03-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
I have a Geforce 5600 Ultra, 2.6 Ghz P4, and 1GB ram. What are my chances of running this game with decent frame rates with my setup?
Well the minimum requirement is a 5700 and while I've heard that people are running the game with less I haven't heard any of them actually running it well.
Old 08-03-05, 11:15 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by edstein

You'll be fine. Just don't expect to run it on anything higher than a low/medium mixture.
Old 08-03-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I run Doom3, Farcry and, HL2 pretty good, 25-35 fps. Is is graphically more challenging than any of those?
Old 08-03-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

mine runs 100 fps
Old 08-03-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by raven56706
mine runs 100 fps
What is your setup? Dual Geforce 7800's??
Old 08-04-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

*donationsdonationsdonationsdonations*

no kidding i'll take donations for a new motherboard and matching video cards, my computer runs it okay, but i wish it ran it more fluid. oh and i'll take one of those DC AMD64 chips as well.

*donationsdonationsdonationsdonations*

oh well i tried, no really though how in the heck do you get a 100fps in this game, it hogs everything?

oh one other thing, if anyone has played the xbox demo for battlefield 2, i really don't see how in the hell they can call it the same game! i mean the name is about the only thing that the xbox version and pc version share, i'll stick with my computer on this one, the xbox version really SUCKS!

Last edited by BeanDip0001; 08-05-05 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-05-05, 09:21 AM
dgc

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001

oh one other thing, if anyone has played the xbox demo for battlefield 2, i really don't see how in the hell they can call it the same game! i mean the name is about the only thing that the xbox version and pc version share, i'll stick with my computer on this one, the xbox version really SUCKS!
I understand there are huge differences between the PC and console versions and that it it "sucks" COMPARED to the PC version, but on it's own, it's a great game. I've logged more time on the demo than most of the other games I have and I'm still not tired of the same old map.

I've given up on PC gaming. I just got tired of upgrading my hardware. I have other interests competing for my disposable income.
Old 08-05-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dgc
I understand there are huge differences between the PC and console versions and that it it "sucks" COMPARED to the PC version, but on it's own, it's a great game. I've logged more time on the demo than most of the other games I have and I'm still not tired of the same old map.

I've given up on PC gaming. I just got tired of upgrading my hardware. I have other interests competing for my disposable income.
I'm in the same situation. Thoroughly sick of upgrading the PC i gave up on PC gaming entirely - consoles only for me from now on.

This demo though was really fun except for it locking up too often. I will absolutely be picking this Xbox game up when it comes out and i hope several of the Let Us win clan will as well so we can form a clan in this game. Perhaps some dvdtalkers can get into it to on Live.
Old 08-05-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I'm in the same situation. Thoroughly sick of upgrading the PC i gave up on PC gaming entirely - consoles only for me from now on.

This demo though was really fun except for it locking up too often. I will absolutely be picking this Xbox game up when it comes out and i hope several of the Let Us win clan will as well so we can form a clan in this game. Perhaps some dvdtalkers can get into it to on Live.

if the game wasn't so damn cheezAfied on the xbox i'd snatch one up because i love how the game is. but i'm sticking with my computer on this one. i have to say though it is too bad that you can't use your xbox control with the computer version that would make me so much more happy time!
Old 08-05-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

if the game wasn't so damn cheezAfied on the xbox i'd snatch one up because i love how the game is. but i'm sticking with my computer on this one. i have to say though it is too bad that you can't use your xbox control with the computer version that would make me so much more happy time!
How has it been changed? Obviously graphically the PC is probably much better as well as the ease of having more buttons with a mouse and keyboard layout, but has the game itself changed much? I'm curious since i have never seen or played the PC version.... were classes removed? or weapons or vehicles or something?
Old 08-05-05, 02:19 PM
dgc

if the game wasn't so damn cheezAfied on the xbox i'd snatch one up because i love how the game is.
Hey, don't blame your excessive consumption of bean dip and cheese doodles on the Xbox version.

cheezafied?!? ....that explains it.
Old 08-05-05, 02:21 PM
dgc

How has it been changed? Obviously graphically the PC is probably much better as well as the ease of having more buttons with a mouse and keyboard layout, but has the game itself changed much? I'm curious since i have never seen or played the PC version.... were classes removed? or weapons or vehicles or something?
One of the things they changed was the consolidation of some of the classes.
Old 08-05-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there a website that would explain the changes to me or could someone fill me in? I need details man!
Old 08-05-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'll give ya more at request, see i had the pc version before i got the xbox demo, thats why i just can't get into the xbox demo, it looks like a 10 year old did the graphics on the xbox version

Old 08-05-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Those graphics are much nicer, but since my PC couldn't produce those anyways graphics weren't as much an issue for me. I'm more curious about the actual gameplay changes... like this merging of classes and having fewer classes seems like a bummer.

That screenshot in the fighter jet looks bloody incredible btw.
Old 08-05-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kind of connections do you guys have? I have 512 up and down and some times the game plays great but the majority of the time the lag sucks. Like you will be walking one direction and then all of a sudden be faced the opposite way. Or people don't walk past you but rather slide on their feet. Get's annoying when you go to shoot something and the screen skips and what you are shooting at isn't even there anymore.
Old 08-05-05, 04:48 PM

Beandip what graphics card are you running and at what settings. That might even put more people in shock. I run: Xp2600+, 1gb ram, 6800gt, and run most stuff on medium at 1024x768 @ 70hz so I don't even see it for all its greatness. Great game but taking me a Long time to hit Cpl.
Old 08-05-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those graphics are much nicer, but since my PC couldn't produce those anyways graphics weren't as much an issue for me. I'm more curious about the actual gameplay changes... like this merging of classes and having fewer classes seems like a bummer.

That screenshot in the fighter jet looks bloody incredible btw.

let me think, you have the special forces, sniper, medic, assult, antitank, support. if i missed any someone please clear it up.
Old 08-05-05, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
What kind of connections do you guys have? I have 512 up and down and some times the game plays great but the majority of the time the lag sucks. Like you will be walking one direction and then all of a sudden be faced the opposite way. Or people don't walk past you but rather slide on their feet. Get's annoying when you go to shoot something and the screen skips and what you are shooting at isn't even there anymore.

UGH!!! 512K. I've got 768K up and 3.8 to 5.1 on the average down, depends if people are online or not.
Old 08-05-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by schmedy
Beandip what graphics card are you running and at what settings. That might even put more people in shock. I run: Xp2600+, 1gb ram, 6800gt, and run most stuff on medium at 1024x768 @ 70hz so I don't even see it for all its greatness. Great game but taking me a Long time to hit Cpl.
I never thought of that one; anyway it is just an AGP X800XT AIW card. My screen res is 1280*960 running DVI to my LCD. Everything is on high with 4x AA on.

When I was using my 9800XT on this system I ran everything on med with no AA same 1280*960. So if anyone is looking for a cheap card that does well I'm thinking the 9800 ones would work.

Anyway I got some more screen shots, and I think I forgot the engineer class from my other post.

Old 08-05-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In the demo i believe the classes are assault, sniper, special ops, support (which is the medic), and engineer.

Of course it is just a demo - perhaps when the full version comes out there will be more classes. Or has it been announced they condensed everything for the console?
Old 08-05-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In the demo i believe the classes are assault, sniper, special ops, support (which is the medic), and engineer.

Of course it is just a demo - perhaps when the full version comes out there will be more classes. Or has it been announced they condensed everything for the console?

yeah maybe the full retail version won't be so cheezAfied. then again i don't do anything else so i may pick it up because i always have fun playing halo with everyone from here. i could deal with the crappy graphics if a lot of the guys here pick it up it would still be hella fun then
Old 08-05-05, 07:11 PM
dgc

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/BF2MC

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.