Reload this Page >

Question about XBOX 360 Live fees

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-23-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand their will be a monthly fee assesed to having XBOX Live Gold on the 360. How much is that fee supposed to be? I dont have XBOX Live so I dont know if/how much they charge per month. If XBOX Live is a monthly fee (which I dont think it is) how much is that also.
Old 05-23-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts
They said that current members can/will transfer over to gold accounts, so I'm guessing it will be the same as it is now, $50 a year.
Old 05-23-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, it seems like GOLD is the only way where you can actually PLAY others on LIVE. Silver just gives you access to D/L stuff and other things...

Should be $50 (or you can pay a monthly fee I'm sure too...I think it was $6/month that way though...maybe more)
Old 05-23-05, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think they said that Silver will let you play online, but only on weekends. And yeah, I heard that the current Microsoft fee will carry over, so I'm expecting $50/mo.
Old 05-23-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by warcp
... so I'm expecting $50/mo.

I think it's $50 a year not month right?
Old 05-23-05, 11:28 PM

Being the Xbox PR guy, and being that Live and 360 are both accounts I spearhead at the PR company I work at, allow me a moment to clarify a few things -

First off - the fees haven't been announced yet. No inkling yet as to what they'll be for the gold account

Next - With silver, it's not that "you can only play multiplayer online on weekends", it's that on some weekends, they'll do free & temporary upgrades for everyone to gold. It will only last that weekend, then on Monday, you'll revert right back to your silver account. It's basically the same idea as "free HBO weekends". You get a taste of what gold is all about, then can decide to upgrade your account or not. But it's not that silver becomes gold every single weekend.

Finally - transferring accounts. If you have say, six months left on your current subscription when you move over to Xbox 360, then you take that six months with you as a gold membership onto Live on 360. Then it expires after that remaining time, and you pay whatever the fee is to keep it going.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Thanks Calico.
Old 05-24-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

so what your saying is that if the price goes up, I should buy a couple of cards to extend the membership that I already have for a few more years before the price increase? That way I still pay the old 50 bucks a year. Yea, I can do that.
Old 05-24-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I think I have to renew around November anyways....so hopefully I'll have a cheap $50 or less sub card that will carry over.