Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Restricted Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-05, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Restricted Area

Has anyone seen this game? It's already been released in Germany and there's a demo here. The finished game is supposed to ship May 12.

Setting-wise, it looks like a cross between Fallout and Deus Ex. Gameplay wise, it feels like Diablo.

I downloaded the demo and it seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to picking up the finished game. Anyone else?
Old 06-08-05, 12:17 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Bumpity bump.

I picked this game up. It was a pain to find -- none of the brick & mortar places I checked had it (Best Buy hadn't even heard of it), so I wound up ordering it through an Amazon-affiliated retailer.

Anyway, I spent a few hours playing it and it definitely is living up to the demo so far. It's set in a futuristic world where corporations run everything and the world is divided up into two types of places -- cities and deserts. You get to play as one of four characters (the guy with the guns, the marital arts guy, the psionic chick, or the hacker chick), and you run around killing mutants. Gameplay-wise, it feels like Diablo -- same isometric view, same "click on the badguy to attack," same randomized dungeons crawling with baddies. The game is fairly linear so far -- you get a series of quests (for example "go to this abandoned facility that's crawling with mutants and kill the really big mutant") -- but I don't know if it opens up later. Supposedly, the game is fairly different depending which character you play as, but so far, I've only played as guy-with-guns.

Anyway, based on my 2 hours worth of playing, I heartily recommend this game. If you liked Diablo, or you like games set in a dystopian future, check it out (there's a link to the demo in my original post).
Old 06-08-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going to check this out. I like hack-n-slash games like Diablo. And a Sci-Fi settings sounds cool. Review to follow.