Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wrestlemania 21 for XBOX

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played this a few times before my friend sold his copy to get Forza.

The CAW was horribly lame. The story mode, while decent, wasn't near as good as it should have been.

The bullshit amount of time it took to get back up off the mat was what did it for me though. THere is no way I should be forced to take 100 elbow drops in a row.
Old 05-10-05, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After 20 games you think they'd get it right one of these days.
Old 05-12-05, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After my long wait for a great wrestling game and huge disappointment, I'm holding off buying a WWE game until the next-gen systems.
Old 05-13-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Considering how the jump from last gen to this gen actually made wrestling games WORSE, are you sure you want to do that? We've already seen that as the focus becomes graphics, the load times and gameplay suffers. I can't imagine how bad the first year wrestling games are going to be in the next gen...
Old 05-13-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Exactly. Some STILL say that Fire Pro Wrestling, with it's 2D graphics (PS1 & GB Advance), is the best wrestling game.
Old 05-14-05, 02:32 AM

I still can't get over how terrible the AI is in this game. Chavo kept hitting me with the belt over and over and over again in this crappy story mode. And the only way I can win the stupid triple threat ladder match is to bait cena and JBL to all the way up the ramp and get them to fight up there, so i can run back to the ring and climb up the ladder. And the new disk freezes everytime i play it. I really hate this game.
Old 05-16-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts
Hopefully Day of Reckoning 2 will make up for WM21's faults.
Old 05-17-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Exactly. Some STILL say that Fire Pro Wrestling, with it's 2D graphics (PS1 & GB Advance), is the best wrestling game.
Because it is...

When the focus isn't on the biggest and best graphics engine, you can usually start to focus on gameplay. This is most likely why the Smackdown games on PS2 are currently the best of this generation, because the PS2 has the least graphics capability, and the game really has nominal graphical improvements from year to year. The N64 games went through multiple iterations where the gameplay changed much more than the graphics.

Of course, Firepro wouldn't do well out here because it's not licensed by the WWE, and we're so graphics-oriented that it wouldn't sell well anyway. Luckily, the GBA was built for 2-d goodness.

American wrestling has been more about flashy entrances than actual wrestling for a while now, so I guess the games reflect that (I mean, they must've spent a ton of time getting all the entrances correct).

I still have fun with the (Live-updated) game, and don't regret my purchase. The only thing I wish they'd fix, besides stupid AI, is getting up off the mat, as I still roll around like an idiot while they stomp me, and I have to start again. ugh. Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to win a table match... how do you get someone on the table to do a move on them?
Old 05-17-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Extremely disappointed after that long wait. I have finally sold my copy. Hopefully XBox 360 will do wrestling the way its supposed to be.
Old 05-18-05, 01:34 PM

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to win a table match... how do you get someone on the table to do a move on them?
Set the table up, get close to it with your opponent, and then tap A. He should throw him on there. Tap A again and he should piledrive him through.
Old 05-18-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JBR52
Set the table up, get close to it with your opponent, and then tap A. He should throw him on there. Tap A again and he should piledrive him through.
You don't tap A, you use the irish whip button which is white or black, I forget.
Old 05-19-05, 12:55 AM

You sure? I could be wrong, but I remember trying to irish whip him, and he just ends up running through the table and toward the turnbuckle.
Old 05-19-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
dayummmm that sux man. I played Smackdown on PS2 and I fell in love with it. Looking at the trailer for this game...it looks disappointing just by looking at it. Very very upsetting cause im a huge WWE fan.
Old 05-19-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JBR52
You sure? I could be wrong, but I remember trying to irish whip him, and he just ends up running through the table and toward the turnbuckle.
Yeah, I'm sure.
Old 05-21-05, 06:52 PM

A works as well then because I just did it.