Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Which Nintendo DS game?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which Nintendo DS game?

I have quickly played out WarioWare:Touched and want a new DS game. Most of the reviews on Gamespot are not very encouraging. Here's what I'm considering:

Urbz
Retro Atari Classics
Zoo Keeper
Spider-Man 2
Pokemon Dash
Mr. Driller
Mario 64 (though not a big Mario fan)

Please let me know what you think of any or all of these titles to help me decide.

Also are the games regionally encoded? I may try to find a deal for Pac-Pix if nothing else looks promising.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 03-21-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Zoo Keeper is an excellent puzzle game, but it is overpriced. Mr. Driller is a fairly decent puzzle game though I personally didn't care for it. From the ones you listed I would say that Zoo Keeper or Mr. Driller would be your best bet.

Retro Atari Classics, Pokemon Dash and Spider Man 2 have all gotten horrible reviews and I would avoid them. Mario 64 is good, but you don't like the style of game. Urbz is one I haven't tried, but it got decent reviews for a Sims game.

If you do decide to get a game from Japan it will work fine in a US DS, but it may have all the text in Japanese. Puyo Puyo was the only one I had heard of that had the option for English or Japanese text.

Last edited by darkside; 03-21-05 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-21-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zoo Keeper & Mr. Driller
Old 03-21-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, Mr. Driller really isn't a puzzle game.. but it's one of my favorite series. It's one of those great games that you can casually play or obsessively attempt master. If you're looking for something that uses the touch screen though, pass on it.
Old 03-21-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Have you considered the new Yoshi's touch and go?
Old 03-21-05, 04:43 PM

Mario its a classic
Old 03-22-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I've read in many places that Yoshi is little more than a demo turned into a full-length game. I may go for Mario 64 or Zoo Keeper. It seems that I should just wait for Pac-Pix to come out next month. I'm kinda irked that I now have the DS only to realize that the existing games for it are lackluster at best. Oh well, I was gonna get an SP on eBay for the backlit screen - so I guess I have tons of GBA games to finish while I wait for Animal Crossing DS.
Old 03-22-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Yoshi is little more than a demo... but it's a decent demo, and if you're buying a game to take advantage of the DS and have a little fun, that's a good way to go.

You didn't go into detail why you don't like Mario, but if you tried Mario 64 and hate it, then Mario DS is definitely not for you... otherwise, it's still the deepest game of the bunch.

I like Mr. Driller, but it could've easily been a GBA game. Those are the only three DS games I own, but I'd love to get Zoo Keeper for less than the 35 -40 it's going for now.