Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Game Video Equalization (GVEQ)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Game Video Equalization (GVEQ)

Anyone ever heard of this before? http://thx.com/mod/services/THX_GVEQ_Datasheet.pdf

It seems interesting but the pic of the back shows only one S-Video and set of Component. What are you supposed to use as an input?
Old 03-17-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
From the sounds of things, it looks like when you specify which console you want it for, it will include a cable with the correct plug to fit the output of that console. Too bad it's not universal.
Old 03-17-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I caugh that bit too. But the pic doesn't really suggest anything beyond analog connectors. I see a set of component plugs, a set of stereo plugs, one S-Video plug, and an optical digital input beside what looks like a plug for an AC adaptor. I see nothing that looks console specific in any way. But, if you were to use either the S-Video or component cables of your console, shouldn't there be two S-Video plugs and two sets of Component plugs on the back?

Colour me confused.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-17-05 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-17-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well after a bit of searching all I found was this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1749590,00.asp

It's funny because if I do a search in Google using either "Game Video Equalization" or "GVEQ" nothing turns up. I had to search under "THX" in PC Magazine's site just to turn up that little article that didn't say much of anything.