Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SOCOM III this fall!

Old 02-23-05, 07:34 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOCOM III this fall!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02...s_6119054.html

Old 02-23-05, 08:29 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: California
Posts: 7,728
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait!
Old 02-24-05, 09:13 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics from IGN

Here's a link to some pic at IGN



Fall can't come soon enough.
Old 02-25-05, 03:40 AM
  #4  
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Fok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Canada, BC
Posts: 6,689
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't played the first 2, how does this compare to a first person shooter on a pc?
Old 02-26-05, 09:04 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,371
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
Haven't played the first 2, how does this compare to a first person shooter on a pc?
Totally different style of game than a PC first person shooter. SOCOM is a third person game (with a first person option) and is more of a tactical shooter but with some faster action in places. The single player game relys heavily on stealth though. You can use the USB headset to give your team some pretty complex voice commands too. Makes the game more immersive I think.

They are adding vehicles. I don't know how they are going to do that without slowing the game even further. They are using a new game engine so that means no waiting for the game to load a driving engine, then disembarking and then waiting again for the game to load anothe engine.
Old 02-26-05, 10:29 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Videos

http://ps2.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138600

@ the "Tank Footage"
Old 02-27-05, 08:18 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: California
Posts: 7,728
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those videos certainly gave me a boner.
Old 02-28-05, 06:39 PM
  #8  
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Fok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Canada, BC
Posts: 6,689
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Harlock
Totally different style of game than a PC first person shooter. SOCOM is a third person game (with a first person option) and is more of a tactical shooter but with some faster action in places. The single player game relys heavily on stealth though. You can use the USB headset to give your team some pretty complex voice commands too. Makes the game more immersive I think.

They are adding vehicles. I don't know how they are going to do that without slowing the game even further. They are using a new game engine so that means no waiting for the game to load a driving engine, then disembarking and then waiting again for the game to load anothe engine.
Sounds a little bit like a Tom Clancy game?
Old 02-28-05, 07:35 PM
  #9  
Mod Emeritus
 
Gallant Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 15,325
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically it's not as strategic as Ghos Recon but it's not as Run and Gun as Unreal.
Old 03-01-05, 07:37 PM
  #10  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Blu-Ray: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Petition
Posts: 6,677
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this SOCOM II with vehicles? Or an upgrade? Or a completely new game?

I consider SOCOM II to be an upgrade of SOCOM I.
Old 03-02-05, 08:37 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: California
Posts: 7,728
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do any of you guys still play SOCOM II online? I'm Lethal 2.1 if you guys wanna add me to your friend's list.
Old 03-04-05, 05:55 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Jam Master Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,816
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Third Baseman
Videos

http://ps2.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138600

@ the "Tank Footage"
wow that's good stuff.

Time to dust off the ol PS2 becuase I stopped playing Socom II a while ago. A Buddy of mine on the other hand has completly been wrapped up in Socom II to where he stays at home all day and plays nothing but. Fun game and all, but not worth losing your social life over!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.