Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Recommend GC games

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommend GC games

I just got a GC for RE4, I need some recommendations for some good games from throughout the system's life. I've had an xbox since launch, so any games also on xbox I'd already be familiar with. I've played some of the big name GC games (Mario Sunshine, Both Metroids, Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros., Zelda WW, Viewtiful Joe). I like action games for the most part, good story is a plus. Not a fan of RPGs (other than KOTOR) or games like Animal X'ing. One of the big pluses for the GC IMO, was that there should be a great backlog of games to be had for cheap. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 02-02-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If you haven't played them before, definately check out the other Resident Evil games. RE2 and 3 are impossible to find and way overpriced for old looking ports, but REmake and RE Zero are cheap, look great, and a lot of fun. It's very different from RE4 though, so keep that in mind.

F Zero is a solid racing game, Beyond Good and Evil is a stellar little adventure game (but beware...it's takes WAY too much save space on a memroy card). The Star Wars Rogue Squadron games are solid action games too. I know you said you don't like RPGs, but for anyone else, Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario 2 are loads of fun, as is the low cost Skies of Arcadia.
Old 02-02-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super Monkey Ball!
Old 02-02-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Eternal Darkness
Old 02-02-05, 10:25 PM

Picked up Eternal Darkness this evening, have every intention of grabbing RE1 and 0 (big RE junkie). Played Skies of Arcadia on DC, didn't care for it too much. Loved Fzero on SNES so thats a thought. Beyond good and evil I have for PC 4.5/5 in my book. I didn't like the original Paper Mario for SNES. I love Super Monkey Ball, but I think I'll wait for the deluxe version for xbox. Thanks all, keep em coming.
Old 02-03-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How about StarFox Adventures?
Old 02-03-05, 09:38 AM

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and the Pikmin titles are worth checking out.
Old 02-03-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Great game. I believe that was that last game that Rare made for GC before they decided to go to X-Box. Played just like a Zelda game, excellent graphic. The only downside is that the bosses in the game were a little easy to beat except for the last one (Andross gave me a fit for awhile).
Old 02-03-05, 11:52 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
I'll third that and throw in Luigi's Mansion and Cel Damage as cheapies-but-goodies.
Old 02-03-05, 01:51 PM
Cool New Member

Pikmin 2, Paper Mario