Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil: Wesker's Report II for US?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Capcom ever make an official Wesker's Report II for the US market? I know it's a text-based story that was included with the Biohazard (Resident Evil) boxset which included all GameCube REs except 4. I think it was also on Capcom Japan's website, written in Japanese of course. According to gamefaqs, it was in English on Capcom Europe's website. But was there ever an official version of this document for the US, besides the bits and pieces that take much too long to go through on residentevil.com's timeline? We got the DVD of part 1 by pre-ordering PS2's Code Veronica here, so why not part 2? I know people have translated the Japanese version into English, and then there's the English European version, but I haven't been able to find a version just for the USA where they say ELEVATOR instead of LIFT and stuff like that.

What do people consider the definitive US version of Wesker's Report II? I'm siding with the European version as it was done by Capcom themselves as opposed to the fan-translated Japanese version. I am currently working on editing the European version into a US-friendly version, replacing the word lift and others where appropriate.

Here's a link to an English-translated Japanese Wesker's Report II with pictures:

http://www.residentevilfan.com/re1rem/weskers_rep.asp

Last edited by marioxb; 01-12-05 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-12-05, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEVERMIND! I finally found the US version of Wesker's Report II. I couldn't find it on Capcom.com or ResidentEvil.com (I think they're the same site anyway) I found it by doing a google search for "Wesker's Report II" USA:

http://www.capcom.com/ResidentEvil/w...ml/launch.html

Though I just noticed, the above site is exactly the same as the European version. Meaning they say things like lift instead of elevator, centre instead of center and armour instead of armor. Also, there are many things spelled incorrectly, such as Aida Wong.

EDIT: Here's probably the best version of Wesker's Report II. It's in English, it actually makes sense, and it's Americanized.

http://s87369522.onlinehome.us/Resid...esreport2.html

Last edited by marioxb; 01-12-05 at 01:56 PM.