Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The 1/Only PSP Discussion Thread (No silly behavior allowed)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The 1/Only PSP Discussion Thread (No silly behavior allowed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
Just got this today.

Damn sweet case.
Where did you get it, and how much was it?
Old 04-19-05, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by karnblack
Where did you get it, and how much was it?
That's the playgear pocket by logitech. You can get it at either gamestop or Eb for $19.99. I bought mine from gamestop with the free shipping code: FREESHIPALL No tax to CA either.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801992
Old 04-19-05, 10:49 PM

Just got this today.

Damn sweet case.
How easy is it to swap out the discs with that case on?
Old 04-19-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Detective Thorn
How easy is it to swap out the discs with that case on?
Got mine at local Gamestop for $19.99. They only had one. You have to take the PSP out, or at least lift it up a little, to change discs. You do have access to the power and headphone ports while the case is closed though. The case can be flipped open 270 degrees to be used as a stand for movies. This case is very solid. It's clear on the outside with a black rubber like material on the inside.

Last edited by edstein; 04-19-05 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-20-05, 12:49 AM

Got mine in the mail yesterday

I was really looking forward to it.. Unfortunately, I do have a few complaints.

First off, on the bright side.. it looks great

Really liking it so far.. A few complaints though.

Its a little too thick, and it gets quite a bit heavier in the case.. Both which make it a bit tougher to hang onto, giving you that "It sorta feels like its just gonna slip out of my hands and crack in two once it hits the ground, sending the PSP flying halfway across the room" feeling

Which brings me to problem 2.
I figured the PSP would sink into a padded case, then you just pull it out when you want.. The case doesnt hold it at all. If you holf the case completely vertical, theres a 50/50 chance the PSP will fall out. Tilt it forward a fraction of an inch, and its out of there. It makes it good for changing games (Since you need to take the PSP out each time), but also makes it feel like its going to just drop on the ground.

One thing that worries me a bit, is that I keep my PSP on my shelf.. Its about 4-5 feet tall, and theres not much room.

My previous case, the Aero case:

At least gives you the "Well.. if it falls, its in there tightly, and its a padded case", this one gives you more of a "If it falls.. I just hope the PSP doesnt break" feeling. And I keep feeling like I'll gonna walk away and its just going to drop off the table by the strap getting stuck on something (accidently touching it when moving, etc.)
Also, no UMD/Accessory slots

On the bright side though, it works great! I'll definately bring it to work to watch movies or listen to music on. Its a great case.. I just wish there was more of a soft insert to keep the PSP safe in case it falls.. because I have a feeling it will... multiple times

I really recommend it though.
Old 04-20-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like the problem is not with the case but, your hand eye coordination.
Old 04-20-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like a cool case, but it would be better if it locked in and you had access to the UMD slot without taking it out. I think I'll wait to see if anyone comes up with something better.
Old 04-20-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got the Logitech case as well. I like it so far. It may not "lock", but it is very secure when it shuts, and it's not going to open accidentally. It adds a little bit of weight, but it doesn't bother me. I usually leave it in the case when I play and don't have any trouble using the shoulder buttons for anything. I also don't switch out UMD's a bunch, so having to tilt the PSP out of the case to switch games isn't a big deal for me. Overall, it's a pretty good case if you just want something to protect your PSP and nothing else.
Old 04-20-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What's the best or at least a very good screen protector for the PSP?
Old 04-20-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IamFlip
What's the best or at least a very good screen protector for the PSP?
Here's links to a couple of them. I've only had experience with the Martin fields protector and I've got the one from Brando on order....just waiting for it to get here. The Martin field protector is good and you can hardly notice its on....as long as you get the bubbles out, which takes some time and a credit card. The reason why I ordered the Brando one is that theirs covers the whole facing of the psp not just the screen. I wish I would have seen the Brando one earlier and I wouldn't have ordered the Martin fields protector.

Brando Screen Protector
Martin Fields Screen Protector
Old 04-20-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
The Logitech case looks great! I didn't know it was released. I submitted my email to them for a "please notify me when its available" on their web site and got anything. Just assumed it had been delayed.
Old 04-20-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,532 Posts
So this Brando company is based in Hong Kong? But it's only 3 bucks to ship?

I'm a little hesitant to give out CC information to them, but I guess they're reliable?
Old 04-20-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 946 Likes on 693 Posts
Does anyone know how the brando cover gets around the analog nub? I can't tell from their site.
Old 04-20-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Just got this today.

Damn sweet case.

Where did you get it?
Old 04-20-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got mine at local Gamestop for $19.99. They only had one. You have to take the PSP out, or at least lift it up a little, to change discs. You do have access to the power and headphone ports while the case is closed though. The case can be flipped open 270 degrees to be used as a stand for movies. This case is very solid. It's clear on the outside with a black rubber like material on the inside.
Old 04-20-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry missed that last post. Thanks
Old 04-20-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig

I'm a little hesitant to give out CC information to them, but I guess they're reliable?
I didn't have any problems. It took 12 days to get here, but that's not bad for Hong Kong. As he mentioned, Setzer is still waiting for his though.

$15 total. $12 for the protector, $3 shipping.
Old 04-20-05, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by noonan4224
Does anyone know how the brando cover gets around the analog nub? I can't tell from their site.
Pretty simple: the hole is just a bit bigger than the analog nub. If you move the nub around you'll be 'over' the protector.

Getting a nice fit around the buttons was surprisingly easy. Getting all of the air bubbles (dust particles actually) was much more difficult.
Old 04-20-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Namco Museum to include 10 more games!!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/605/605882p1.html

"Along with new and classic versions of titles like Dig Dug, Pac-Man, and Galaga, the U.S. version of Namco Museum adds ten more games, including Xevious, Bosconian, Mappy, Tower of Druaga, Dragon Buster, Grobda, Dig Dug 2, and King & Balloon. The collection features more than 20 games in total."

With the exception of Dig Dug 2 and MAYBE Xevious, am I alone in thinking Namco US gave two shits about every other game on that list? I'm dreaming right? The 20 game version is the Japanese one, and Namco US took out all the non-Pac-Man/Galaga/Pole Position games.. right? RIGHT?

TOWER OF DRUAGA!!
Old 04-20-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,532 Posts
I've never even heard of Grobda, Bosconian, or King and Balloon. And Tower of Druaga I've only heard of because of the recent PS2 game (which sucked hard).

I think I'm going to invest in that Brando protector. You get one for 12 bucks, right? Maybe my hands are just extra greasy or something, but the residue on the buttons is killing me...
Old 04-21-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never even heard of Grobda, Bosconian, or King and Balloon. And Tower of Druaga I've only heard of because of the recent PS2 game (which sucked hard).

I think I'm going to invest in that Brando protector. You get one for 12 bucks, right? Maybe my hands are just extra greasy or something, but the residue on the buttons is killing me...
You actually get 2 for $12 bucks. Kinda sorta. You get the full protector that covers the screen and the button area and they also include one that just covers the screen.
Old 04-21-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've ordered stuff from them for my Clie and they are pretty reliable. I don't like screen protectors though. Its like taking a shower in a raincoat. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Old 04-21-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
I've ordered stuff from them for my Clie and they are pretty reliable. I don't like screen protectors though. Its like taking a shower in a raincoat. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of something else.
or something else
Old 04-21-05, 01:31 PM
Political Exile

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
The Namco collection sounds great, but the vertical games look that much out of place on the widescreen display. They really need to allow you to play the games vertically, I think we are all coordinated enough to control the games that way. Back in the day, the Atari Lynx had several games that ran this way, Klax was great played vertically on the system.
Old 04-21-05, 01:54 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

A cool site for PSP browsing.

http://www.pspdex.com/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.