Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What are the "must haves" and the rare collectibles, on ANY SYSTEM?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What are the "must haves" and the rare collectibles, on ANY SYSTEM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PokerMan
GameCube: Resident evil 2 & 3 both are hard to find games very rare capcom only made a certain amount. both those games are going for almsot $100 peice now but together you could get almost $200+

plus like others have said RE4 tin only available at gamestop. but only 48,000 of those made... so good luck..
Yeah, I've been pretty tempted these last few weeks to sell my copies off. I also have a sealed copy of CODE: Veronica X, but it's not fetching like 2 and 3 unfortunately.
Old 01-13-05, 02:05 AM

Get Sapphire for the TG-16. Should run you about $500 to $1000.
Old 01-13-05, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PokerMan
GameCube: Resident evil 2 & 3 both are hard to find games very rare capcom only made a certain amount. both those games are going for almsot $100 peice now but together you could get almost $200+
Are you kidding me? Don't I feel stupid for selling my RE2 copy for 30 bucks just a few months ago. God damn.
Old 01-13-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ecwfan
I also have the US version of Dynastic Hero for the Duo.
Old 01-13-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ah, videogame collecting, that takes me back. I was on a kick not too long ago to aquire as many systems as I could. I had my original 2600 but couldn't find any of the games for it. needless to say, I now have over 250 games for it.

I ended up buying a ton of stuff. I bought all of the following in a matter of a few months:

boxed Colecovision
boxed Coleco Atari adapter
brand new boxed Coleco roller controller
boxed Coleco super action controllers
2 Adam Computers(1 standalone and 1 Coleco add-on unit)
boxed Sega Saturn
boxed Intellivision Super Pro system
3 boxed Odyssey 2 systems(1 with attached controllers & 2 with removable ones)
4 7800 consoles
Atari Lynx 2 system
boxed Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
boxed Panasonic 3DO
brand new boxed Atari Jaguar
plus tons of extra controllers and stuff for everything above

plus I already had the following:

PS1
PS2
X-Box
Nintendo NES
N64

plus I just got a GameCube a month or so ago.

I had a major ebay addiction for awhile. I was just buying and buying. I think I ended up with over 1000+ carts for all the different systems.

1 decent little score was a brand new boxed Custers Revenge. videogame collecting can be fun but it is a very expensive hobby. I ended up giving up on it and went back to getting dvds instead.
Old 01-13-05, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
The Saturn has so very many amazing rare games.

My absolute favorite game is Shining Force 3. There are 3 acts to it, only 1 was released in English - the other two remained Japanese, which saddened me. Regardless, I've played through the first scenario like 8 times, and my quickest recorded completion of it is 35 hours... that's a lot of Shining Force. Probably one of the rarest Saturn games is the Shining Force 3 Platnium Disc which was also Japan only and free to those who had purchased all 3 parts. I believe it goes for upwards of $200 on Ebay now.

Another extremely rare Saturn game that I've never played is Radiant Silvergun, which is supposedly an extraordinary shooter game that commonly goes for $200 on ebay.

The afformentioned Panzer Dragoon Saga was a great romp, but kind of short. So I played through it about 5 times and sold it on Ebay.

Another surprisingly rare game is Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter. This game made use of the 4 meg cartridge, and was arcade perfect. But it was Japanese arcade-perfect, so it included a character (whose name I can't find right now) was supposed to be Japanese only. Either Capcom or MArvel got pissed off about the fact that the Japanese only character made his way to US shores, and an embargo was summarily placed upon the game.

A good import is Fire Pro Wrestling S: Six Man Scramble, but I believe there might be improved versions on more recent systems (although I'm not a fan of the GBA one)

Many of the games released in the twilight of the system's life were quite fun, and should be able to be picked up for relatively cheap - games such as Decathalete/Winter Heat, Burning Rangers, House of the Dead (somewhat rare, and the graphics suck, but fun)

If you hadn't guessed, the Saturn was my favorite system of all time
It's great to see a fellow Sega Saturn fan. I, too, thought the games on the Saturn was just the greatest, and it's great to see that a lot of its classic games are still selling for a bundle on eBay.

I still have a number of shrinkwrapped copies of some of the really big games like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3, and Burning Rangers which I'm still holding onto just to have a copy in my collection. I used to have multiple copies but I've eBayed them or traded them away. I was crazy enough to trade a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga to a dealer for the import Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter game that you mentioned plus I had to lay out some extra cash for it too. That was back when Panzer Dragoon Saga wasn't worth a whole lot and I desperately wanted MSH vs. SF. Of course looking back, it was a big mistake as the price of Panzer Dragoon Saga really skyrocketed.

The only truly classic Saturn game I was not able to get my hands on was Radiant Silvergun. I had a chance to buy a used copy of it for $40 but stupidly I passed on it.

Even with all the new systems I've bought since then, the Sega Saturn still holds a special place in my heart.
Old 01-13-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radiant Silvergun is one of the best games ever created. Period.

It's a damn shame more people were not given the chance to play it.
Old 01-15-05, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Are you kidding me? Don't I feel stupid for selling my RE2 copy for 30 bucks just a few months ago. God damn.

nope since the release of RE4 the prices of 2 & 3 have gone up alot.. cheapest i seen on ebay was $75 for a open one.. sealed ones go for over $100 starting price...