Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

PSP to launch this spring in the US

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PSP to launch this spring in the US

Old 01-11-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MOD NOTE: Post removed. You're being an instigator again. Please stop. This is your last warning. Your next infraction will result in a suspension.

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forums

Last edited by namja; 01-11-05 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-11-05, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joeblow69
I can already do all that on my smartphone. If I got a PSP, it'd be pretty much for games only. The perfect pricepoint for portable games is $29.99, if you ask me. If I had the choice, I'd rather pay a little more upfront for the system than $50 for each game.
I bet the smartphone doesn't have a widescreen, size or even come close to the quality of the PSP's screen. I haven't seen any portable device that approaches it in visual quality. Heck does any device out there now have a 16:9 screen? Even the Creative media player that just came out isn't 16:9.
Old 01-11-05, 03:07 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Darknight
I bet the smartphone doesn't have a widescreen, size or even come close to the quality of the PSP's screen. I haven't seen any portable device that approaches it in visual quality. Heck does any device out there now have a 16:9 screen? Even the Creative media player that just came out isn't 16:9.
The GameCube and the Xbox.

But seriously, just about every portable DVD player on the market has a 16:9 screen, as do many current laptops. Even the GBA and GBA SP have close to a 16:9 aspect ratio, causing some people to speculate before it's release that there'd be some sort of DVD peripheral. Man, that was a long time ago...

Yes, the PSP's screen is gorgeous. But let's not go overboard.
Old 01-14-05, 04:35 AM

Is there anywhere to pre-order this online?

Last edited by Joe1086; 01-14-05 at 05:05 AM.