Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Republic Commando for XBOX

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars: Republic Commando for XBOX

Old 03-07-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Damn, I feel so lame. You guys have finished and moved on and I'm stuck in "the belly of the beast" area.

edit: I made it out 10 minutes after this post. Thanks for the inspiration folks.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-08-05 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-07-05, 11:40 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robo ur a sucker for star wars games aren't you?
Old 03-08-05, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
Robo ur a sucker for star wars games aren't you?
I don't know about that. But I do like Republic Commando.
Old 03-08-05, 05:23 AM

Bothers in Arms is 10X better than this, having put in a couple of days with both games.
Old 03-08-05, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Granted that I haven't had as much time to sit down and play this as I've wanted....but this game is actually longer than I expected. While I like Brothers In Arms better in the long run I find SW:RC has gotten more time from me this past week because I've been able to sit down, play for 15 minutes or so and save where I want to. Brothers In Arms is more of a game for a day when I have nothing to do and I can sit down to focus on it for a longer period of time.
Old 03-08-05, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I finally played multiplayer yesterday and I thought it was ok. Only played one round, but it was ok. Graphics still seem to suffer a bit, but maybe because it's not running in 480P.....damn you Lucas Arts
Old 03-08-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I beat the game last night. I don't know what I'll trade my game in to buy. Open to suggestions. Thinking about the new Prince of Persia game, but not really feelin' it.

Also, for those who want full ammo:

Spoiler:
(when paused) Y, Y, X, Down, Rtrigger, Ltrigger, Rtrigger, Up
Old 03-08-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I beat the game last night. I don't know what I'll trade my game in to buy. Open to suggestions. Thinking about the new Prince of Persia game, but not really feelin' it.

Spoiler:
Rainbow Six Lockdown is coming out.....Fight Night 2, Mercenaries
Old 03-08-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brewc
Bothers in Arms is 10X better than this, having put in a couple of days with both games.
i don't think so, but then again one more WWII shooter and the world is going to explode. i'm sorry call of duty PC did it best. i'm so happy for a good game away from Halo 2 that isn't a crappy WWII remake of some other remake from some other game co.
Old 03-08-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BassDude
Just got this game this weekend. Diggin' it thus far.

I agree with two of the comments above. The game, even on XBox, was loose. I'd turn around to get a guy behind me and spin too far...or end up looking in the air when I wanted to look up just a few feet. I changed the sensitivity tho and that seems to help. And the fact that you have to put WAY too many rounds in a Super Battle Droid. I dunno, maybe I got spoiled from being able to drop them in a couple shots in Battlefront. One EC grenade in a crowd of them let's you walk up and melee them pretty easy.

My kids play online more than me, but we are XBox Gamertag: JKMC Jedi
I was playing thru a second time and noticed a tip for taking down super battle droids. Once they start taking damage some armor comes off around their chest area, which makes them more vulnerable. A couple of sniper bullets in that spot will take them down quickly.
Old 03-08-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

as for the sbd the easy way to take them down is tell your sqaud to fire on them and then do the run in a circle and kill like in Halo 2. they are too slow to get a shot off and you can just melee the crap outta of them.
Old 03-08-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by wmansir
I was playing thru a second time and noticed a tip for taking down super battle droids. Once they start taking damage some armor comes off around their chest area, which makes them more vulnerable. A couple of sniper bullets in that spot will take them down quickly.

Yeah, there's an upper clear armor that I guess would be their face and once you nail that piece there's a red optical area underneath which makes a good target. Also, the static charge grenades and a well placed melee while their being shocked will nail then after you take some of the health with sniper rounds.

Also, beware of Super droids that fall as if destroyed but then they start shooting from the ground. Most of the time the squad will take care of them but they can still get a good shot in.
Old 03-08-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Spoiler:
I hate to constantly bring this up but the reviews and praise for this game keep coming. It's listed at number (16) on the XBox Live popular chart and this is just a demo. New review up and new screen shots. This has to be the most Bad-Ass collection of characters in any game yet. The environments of play look better than most PC games. This is a must in my book:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...iandriconflict

Kenny J.
Old 03-10-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I finished the game last night....what a total let down of an ending. I think it was worse than Halo 2. I was getting ready to keep going and then the credits roll. wtf?

I think I will trade this game in, as the LIVE is just average and the 480p does not work.
Old 03-10-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Well, I finished the game last night....what a total let down of an ending. I think it was worse than Halo 2. I was getting ready to keep going and then the credits roll. wtf?

I think I will trade this game in, as the LIVE is just average and the 480p does not work.

I traded mine in for MechWarrior2 and am about to trade that one in (not feeling it). I'll probably go with one of your suggestions, so thanks a lot.

By the way, I had the same reaction to the ending as you did.
Old 03-10-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I guess Rainbow Six got pushed back until JUNE.....Mercenaries is fun though if you are a GTA fan. Fight Night 2 is average now....only if you are a BIG boxing fan I'd recommend it. MechAssault 2 sucked ass too.
Old 03-10-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I guess Rainbow Six got pushed back until JUNE.....Mercenaries is fun though if you are a GTA fan. Fight Night 2 is average now....only if you are a BIG boxing fan I'd recommend it. MechAssault 2 sucked ass too.

I've always wanted to try SuperMoneky Ball and there's a release next week. I'm looking for a bright, fun, sonic the hedgehog type game like Marioparty is for gamecube. I also have been playing some of xmen:legends, which is pretty good, but the camera angle is annoying and it's a lot of the same thing. I've never played any of the GTA and am not a big fan of Doom type games either. Anyway, that's that......(not really sure where I was going with that, but)....
Old 03-10-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i agree the ending sucked bad, i've had a lot of fun on live and didn't have any problem with the 480p working right. anyhow there really isn't a whole lot out now that i'd want to drop $50 on. most of the games are just average or rehased crap from long ago remade. i will get unreal 2 when its out that game is awesome.
Old 03-10-05, 04:00 PM

I traded mine in for MechWarrior2 and am about to trade that one in (not feeling it). I'll probably go with one of your suggestions, so thanks a lot.

By the way, I had the same reaction to the ending as you did.
I think you mean Mechassault 2, which sucks ass in a major way.
Old 03-10-05, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hear you. I had read a couple of reviews and they all commented on how short the game was, so as I started the last level I expected it to be the end. Then just when I think the game is over it appears it's going to keep going and so I got my hopes up for another level. Then the credits roll.
Old 03-10-05, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I beat the game last night as well and while not as bad as the Halo 2 ending....it was pretty shitty.
Old 05-30-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My son rented this game the other night, and every time we play it, the game will freeze during one of the time it is advance to another point or save your mission during the game.

We have to restart the game to start playing again.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-31-05, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
My son rented this game the other night, and every time we play it, the game will freeze during one of the time it is advance to another point or save your mission during the game.

We have to restart the game to start playing again.

Anyone else have this problem?
Older XBOX?
Old 06-01-05, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I beat the game last night as well and while not as bad as the Halo 2 ending....it was pretty shitty.
Oh man, I wish I hadn't read that. I rented this last week and am cranking through it and wihle it's not as good as say, Rainbow Six, I was enjoying it and hoping for a good ending. Why are so many new games wrapping their stories up poorly?
Old 06-28-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I just rented this, and it is pretty fun. I like that you can set your troops to snipe positions, this would be nice to have in Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon - being able to place one team member in a specific spot for a specific function.
It is better in the squad area than I had heard. I still have trouble hitting anything, and my guys keep walking in front of my line of fire. I hate SBD and Elites, it takes too many hits to kill them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.