Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

So how is Burnout 3 - Takedown for everyone?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

So how is Burnout 3 - Takedown for everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my buddies loaned me his copy this last week, me and my roomate have been playing it ALOT lately. We completed about 169/173 or so of the single player mode, but we found the last few races to be so extremely hard that I've been playing it on X-Box Live only these last few days. The Team Takedown and Roadrage are REALLY fun when you can actualy get 6 people going at once. I might end up picking it up after I have to return it to him, I've been getting pretty played out on all my other games and this was a nice change in pace.
Old 04-30-05, 10:47 AM
RVP

I read on another cheap website that this is $19.99 at Target YMMV. I am going to check it out today. i have never tried it though, and am worried about the dificulty.
Old 04-30-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RVP
I read on another cheap website that this is $19.99 at Target YMMV. I am going to check it out today. i have never tried it though, and am worried about the dificulty.
I had a blast with the game until I got to the race cars and driving them was such a pain in the ass that I gave up. For 19.99 it might be worth it unless you are a completest. The rest of the game is great but the races near the end will have you so crazy they'll be fitting you with a nice wraparound jacket and tossing you in a padded room.
Old 05-01-05, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I had a blast with the game until I got to the race cars and driving them was such a pain in the ass that I gave up. For 19.99 it might be worth it unless you are a completest. The rest of the game is great but the races near the end will have you so crazy they'll be fitting you with a nice wraparound jacket and tossing you in a padded room.
I agree, those damn racecars were too fast and hard to maneuver.
Old 05-29-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got the game. How do you friggin' unlock the other crash maps? How do you unlock the other race courses? Gamefaqs wasn't really clear on this, and I'm getting pretty frustrated playing the same course/crash maps all the time.
Old 05-29-05, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Just got the game. How do you friggin' unlock the other crash maps? How do you unlock the other race courses? Gamefaqs wasn't really clear on this, and I'm getting pretty frustrated playing the same course/crash maps all the time.
You have to make sure you are doing the World Tour mode to unlock anything. If you are just doing crash mode or whatnot you will never permanently unlock anything.
Old 05-29-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xmiyux
You have to make sure you are doing the World Tour mode to unlock anything. If you are just doing crash mode or whatnot you will never permanently unlock anything.
Thanks. See it now. Damn... That's about 3 hours of my night gone!
Old 05-29-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Whoa! Holy Thread Ressurrection Batman!

I forgot about this thread. I see this game is now considered a GH and is $19.99 now. It really is a great game. Though I got 100% completion already. I still play it all the time. Its great for while I wait to go out or something and need to kill a little time
Old 06-03-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just bought this game for 20 bucks! I wanted it back when it was 50 but that was way too much. This game is awesome! I like it alot!
Old 06-03-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Worms
Just bought this game for 20 bucks! I wanted it back when it was 50 but that was way too much. This game is awesome! I like it alot!
One of only a few titles I paid full price for this generation. Don't regret it one bit. This is one game that was well worth the $50.
Old 06-04-05, 12:56 PM
Suspended

I got it at Target for $20 a few weeks ago and I love this game! I wore the heck out of Burnout 2, but this one I've been playing non-stop.

Waiting for my wireless bridge to come in the mail so I can jump back online. How's the Live portion of the game?
Old 06-05-05, 12:50 AM

I started playing it a few days ago, and I've enjoyed it a lot so far.

My friend's a huge fan of it, saying, "Is there even a point of making arcade racers after Burnout 3?"
Old 06-05-05, 08:52 AM

Playing on LIVE is fun, but beware that a lot of the players have earned the Circuit Racer cars, which, if you can control them, will wipe out anything else. I've done online races where I only saw my opponents at the starting line.
Old 06-05-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by gorgo99
Playing on LIVE is fun, but beware that a lot of the players have earned the Circuit Racer cars, which, if you can control them, will wipe out anything else. I've done online races where I only saw my opponents at the starting line.

Don't lie. They probably passed you once or twice as well.
Old 07-31-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok. my son and I have been stuck on the US GP for some time now. Anyone have any hints on how to (finally) get past this? I've yet to finish above 5th on the first race, and usually give up mid-way through the 2nd. I just seem to constantly wreck about 1/2 way into it.
Old 07-31-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What is the match on Live where you have one slower car who has to finish the race and everyone else is in faster cars and they have to try to wreck you? I played it some split screen and had a blast but for the life of me can't find the mode online. Does it need unlocked or something? I do remember that the chase car is blue and the chasers are red.
Old 08-01-05, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by achau9598
ok. my son and I have been stuck on the US GP for some time now. Anyone have any hints on how to (finally) get past this? I've yet to finish above 5th on the first race, and usually give up mid-way through the 2nd. I just seem to constantly wreck about 1/2 way into it.
To my experience, you have to play it a few times to get used to the track and remember where some of the cars are so you don't crash. There were a few tracks that was somewhat frustrating until you get it down. Just don't give up...