Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** The One & Only GTA: San Andreas Help & Tips Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by IMRICKJAMES
Where do you find the FCR-900?? It's the only one I have left on my list of cars to steal. From the name it looks like a motorcycle, but I've only been able to find 400s, 500s and 600s
FCR-900

Look closely. The 500 and 900 have windshields, the 400 and 600 don't. The 500 has a 2-color paint scheme and racing numbers, the 900 is a single solid color. The 900 also has a gas cap on top of the fuel tank - no other bike does.

I found mine cruising around near the Supa Save store in San Fierro, the same place I found the Admiral.
Old 11-30-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DRG
Isn't that the NRG-500?
yea it is, my bad.
Old 11-30-04, 10:30 PM

I think the 900 is the one that appears at the airfield next to the radar tower and your save point?? I have 3 in my airfield garage, but also a couple of 600s, so it may be a coincidence.
Old 12-03-04, 10:43 PM

Just beat supply lines what a bitch.

Last edited by Calvin Calhoun; 12-03-04 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-04-04, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cant beat supply lines and I cant get my pilots license

Flying is a bitch!
Old 12-07-04, 07:57 PM
Cool New Member

alright, now I have a problem. I am in Las Venturas (so if you don't want a spoiler stop reading, but i won't give away plot points) and I need to date the girl a number of times before i get the security card. Unfortunately, she has stopped showing up entirely, making this impossible. I have moved on and have done a number of missions since, but from what I've seen, you cannot finish this mission line without the card, and a number of people have had her disappear. does anyone know a way to bring her back or get the card?
Old 12-07-04, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took her on two dates, then just showed up at her house one day, walked in, and picked up the card from inside her house.
Old 12-08-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Forkboy
alright, now I have a problem. I am in Las Venturas (so if you don't want a spoiler stop reading, but i won't give away plot points) and I need to date the girl a number of times before i get the security card. Unfortunately, she has stopped showing up entirely, making this impossible. I have moved on and have done a number of missions since, but from what I've seen, you cannot finish this mission line without the card, and a number of people have had her disappear. does anyone know a way to bring her back or get the card?
Just go find other stuff to do. She'll eventually come back. I had the same thing happen to me. Go back to the airfield that you bought and do two more missions from The Truth if you haven't yet. They are real fun. I did those two, then went back and she was there.
Old 12-08-04, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go back to the house wearing the Gimp suit. Worked for me
Old 12-10-04, 03:46 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally Posted by NC-36
Go back to the house wearing the Gimp suit. Worked for me
I tried this as well, but it didn't work. Circled the hood for 24 hours and she was never home. Does it have to be a certain day of the week? Argh.
Old 12-10-04, 04:09 PM

I'm on my second time through the game now; I just bought Verdant Meadows last night. Funny how much easier all the flying lessons were this time. Passed "circle the airfield and land" on my first try. That lesson alone took me like an hour and a half last time
Old 12-10-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
I'm on my second time through the game now; I just bought Verdant Meadows last night. Funny how much easier all the flying lessons were this time. Passed "circle the airfield and land" on my first try. That lesson alone took me like an hour and a half last time
Me too. Those plane training missions sucked. When I finally got through the first one of just flying in a circle, I was super stoked. Then they were like, now do it again and land. Argh!
Old 12-10-04, 10:47 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Forkboy
I had the exact same problem. I ended up doing all the other missions, and finishing a good chunk of side missions, etc. before that red marker FINALLY appeared. Honestly, I did a LOT of playing before it finally showed up. I ended up just killing her when we were on the date. If you do that you can just break into her house and take what you need. It's so much easier than worrying if she'll appear the NEXT time. But be warned, she's hard to kill. She'll take off running once you attack her. You can't autotarget her and she took several shots from my desert eagle easily. I eventually just beat her down.
Old 12-12-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im at this same point. I got a phone call from Woozie wondering why I havent got the security card yet. I cant get it because that ho is never there for me to date!
Old 12-12-04, 06:07 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I figured it out. She's there most afternoons ... 1300-1500 or so. I think I caught her first on a Saturday. For fastest results: Show up in the gimp getup and armed with a double-ended, um, you know. Takes about four visits.
Old 12-12-04, 07:56 PM
Cool New Member

So she finally appeared. I went ahead and kept completing the missions, then when I got the call from Wu Zi, she was finally there. She appears at noon, and is there until evening.

i decided to take a shortcut and not risk her disappearing again by just shooting her. I still get the card, and don't have to deal with her anymore. Plus my "girlfriends dumped" stat goes up one.
Old 12-17-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Any tips on beathing the City Slicking driving mission? It is driving my absolutely up the fucking wall. I must have attempted it 50+ times already. Not allowing the car to stop is one of the stupidest stipulations I've seen. I've had tons of great runs ruined by that one asshole car that comes out of no where and T-bones me!
Old 12-17-04, 11:03 PM

My best advice for beating city slicking is to gold a lot of the other driving school missions. Each gold bumps up your driving skill a notch, and that helps with handling and beating the mission.

Other than that, the only advice I can really offer is to stay on the trolley track... less cars there, but going up hills IS a bitch
Old 12-18-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I finished the main story tonight. Finished up with 70 percent completed. I still have the Oceans 11 missions open and will probably do those next. I refuse to mess with the David Cross missions.

I really loved this game. The dialog and story was outstanding and despite some frustrating missions it was overall an excellent gaming experience. The flying missions nearly broke me, but I hung in there and now I love to get the planes and fly around.

Can't wait to see what they do with this franchise on the PS3.

Last edited by darkside; 12-18-04 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-18-04, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Finally beat that freaking City Slicking mission. Must have given it 100+ tries. I kept getting lik 68%, 65%. It seems to be more important to try to not damage your car too much than to try to get there in the 2 minutes. Glad that one is over!
Old 12-18-04, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Car School is probally the easiest of the four schools, but it's still darn hard. Took me about 10 times trying the City Slicking mission. I haven't finished Bike or Boat school.
Old 12-18-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Completed the game a few days ago. Not just trying to get 100% complete. Still need one car for the auto-export stuff in San Fiero. Anybody have any tips on finding a "Sentinel"? I'm really not sure what I haven't found one of these yet. Seems to be one of the more easier ones to find.
Old 12-18-04, 05:26 PM
ams

Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze
Completed the game a few days ago. Not just trying to get 100% complete. Still need one car for the auto-export stuff in San Fiero. Anybody have any tips on finding a "Sentinel"? I'm really not sure what I haven't found one of these yet. Seems to be one of the more easier ones to find.
http://www.planetgrandtheftauto.com/...aps/vehics.jpg

There is one in the northwest corner of LS.
Old 12-18-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ams
http://www.planetgrandtheftauto.com/...aps/vehics.jpg

There is one in the northwest corner of LS.
Great link! Thanks.
Old 12-21-04, 09:08 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Anyone know how much gang territory you have to re-take to activate the last hurrah with your bro?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.