Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Half-Life 2 Gold

It's about time. November 16th.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6110764.html
Old 10-18-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w00t.

Now the question is, when will it be released on Steam? I am guessing they have something in their contract to restrict how early (if at all) they can release it through Steam.
Old 10-18-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to the news on Gamespot. It doesn't unlock for Steam owners until Nov. 16.
Old 10-18-04, 02:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by flashburn
Now the question is, when will it be released on Steam?
The answer is in the original article:
Gamers have been able to purchase (via pre-order) Half-Life 2 through developer Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. For those consumers, however, the game will not be playable until the 16th.
Old 10-18-04, 02:19 PM

Awesome!!!
Old 10-18-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You can find PC Gamer's exclusive review here in scanned form:

http://aaltonen.us/archive/2004/10/0...life-2-review/

Mods, feel free to delete the link if I'm in unwittingly breaching forum rules.
Old 10-18-04, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Groucho
The answer is in the original article:
That sucks.

Maybe they will be wrong.
Old 10-18-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know, had I ever played Half-Life, I'd likely be more excited about this release. I tried on multiple occasions to play it, but every time, something just wasn't right.

The first time I tried, I borrowed my friend's copy and it simply wouldn't run. About 6 months later, I found out that it was due to my video card at the time. I had just upgraded, so I tried again. This time, I had the CD, but no CD-Key, so I was out of luck again. About a year later, another friend had a copy, and gave me his key, but I no longer had the CD. He made me a copy, but it didn't run, so again I was out of luck, and decided to just stop trying .
Old 10-18-04, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by cartman
You know, had I ever played Half-Life, I'd likely be more excited about this release. I tried on multiple occasions to play it, but every time, something just wasn't right.

The first time I tried, I borrowed my friend's copy and it simply wouldn't run. About 6 months later, I found out that it was due to my video card at the time. I had just upgraded, so I tried again. This time, I had the CD, but no CD-Key, so I was out of luck again. About a year later, another friend had a copy, and gave me his key, but I no longer had the CD. He made me a copy, but it didn't run, so again I was out of luck, and decided to just stop trying .

see? that's why most games are only 10-20 hours today. No persistence! People just want the easy way out... Just kidding!

I have never played half life either...i'll probably wait until half life 2 hits the xbox
Old 10-18-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by xlpanda

I have never played half life either...i'll probably wait until half life 2 hits the xbox
Have fun with that wait.
Old 10-18-04, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by flashburn
Have fun with that wait.
I can wait...I'll just play halo2 til whenever half life 2 makes its way to the xbox. If it doesnt or takes forever, no biggie
Old 10-18-04, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I played some of half life. I just wasn't that impressed. Nothing too out of the ordinary about it. . .but HL2 looks great and all, can't wait to see how it turns out.
Old 10-18-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
w00t w00t. I have it all cued up on my computer ready to unlock.
Old 10-19-04, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
Originally posted by cartman

C'mon Cart, you gave up too easily! Do you remember the old days when you had to make a boot floppy for some games just to load or playing around with himem.sys and emm386.sys switches to improve performance?
Old 10-19-04, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by theneobez
I played some of half life. I just wasn't that impressed. Nothing too out of the ordinary about it. . .
I'm not sure how you could say that. Unless you played it last week, as opposed to right when it came out.
Old 10-19-04, 08:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I played Half-Life closer to its release date, but after I played Deus Ex, which I loved... that made it harder to get excited about Half-Life. Still, HL scared the crap out of me at points.
Old 10-19-04, 08:15 AM

Half-Life was released in 1998. Deus Ex was released in 2000.
Old 10-19-04, 08:30 AM

I played Half-Life AFTER Deus Ex. Loved both, Deus Ex was more fun as a story, Half-life had a great story but much better action than Deus Ex.

It was so good I'm getting the package with Half Life 2 and Halif Life 1 in Source.

Still play Counter-strike, BTW... that engine is still fun.
Old 10-19-04, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought the silver package last night. The counterstrike source is released but, I could not get on any of the servers last night. Steam sure sounds like a good idea but, I don't think I will get the chance to play the game until quite some time after the release date since the demand is so high. Maybe I should have just bought the cd instead.
Old 10-19-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by edstein
I bought the silver package last night. The counterstrike source is released but, I could not get on any of the servers last night. Steam sure sounds like a good idea but, I don't think I will get the chance to play the game until quite some time after the release date since the demand is so high. Maybe I should have just bought the cd instead.
*shrug* I haven't had any issues since Counterstrike: Source has been released, and I don't know anyone else that has had issues.
Old 10-19-04, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by edstein
Sounds like a problem on your end. I purchased the Silver package the day it was released, and have been able to log onto several different CS: Source servers since then without difficulty.
Old 10-20-04, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Sounds like a problem on your end. I purchased the Silver package the day it was released, and have been able to log onto several different CS: Source servers since then without difficulty.
Ditto.
Old 10-20-04, 09:39 AM

edstein,

They patched CS: Source last night. Based on the description of the patch (mostly dealing with cheats and exploits), I'm guessing it won't solve your problem...but it's worth a shot.
Old 10-26-04, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Flipped through the latest PC Gamer when I was at Wal-Mart this evening. They have a review of HL2 in it... I didn't really read much of it, but they give it a 98% and call it "arguably the best game ever".
Old 10-26-04, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally got CS:Source/HL2 downloaded this past weekend. CS:Source looks damn good. Check out some of these screen grabs.

High Res Pics

I totally suck at this game. I can't wait for HL2 on the 16th.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.