Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Various XBOX Live Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-04, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Various XBOX Live Questions

I broke down and re-signed up for XBOX live because of Burnout 3, the Ninja Gaiden bonus pack, and other upcoming releases. My questions are:

1) I used a 2 month free trial code found on the web. Do I have to renew through Microsoft directly or could I purchase a new Starter Kit from a retail store?

2) I would like a second player/guest to be able to use a headset. Would buying another Microsoft headset and controller adaptor work? Or should I buy something like Datel's Team Talk ?

3) An XBOX Live user sent me a friend request. The issue is that I don't remember playing with anyone with this user name. (I have only been online twice so far.) It didn't come from anyone here since I have not added my XBOX live name to the user list. I also haven't used it for more than an hour or used a headset so I really haven't had time or been social enough to get any Live friends.

Is there an XBOX equivalent of spam (sending out friend requests to several user names) or was I just not paying attention to who I was playing against?

4) I am thinking about getting the XBOX wireless network adapter. Does this work as promised or should I stay wired?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Various XBOX Live Questions

Originally posted by DrCaligari
I broke down and re-signed up for XBOX live because of Burnout 3, the Ninja Gaiden bonus pack, and other upcoming releases. My questions are:

1) I used a 2 month free trial code found on the web. Do I have to renew through Microsoft directly or could I purchase a new Starter Kit from a retail store?

2) I would like a second player/guest to be able to use a headset. Would buying another Microsoft headset and controller adaptor work? Or should I buy something like Datel's Team Talk ?

3) An XBOX Live user sent me a friend request. The issue is that I don't remember playing with anyone with this user name. (I have only been online twice so far.) It didn't come from anyone here since I have not added my XBOX live name to the user list. I also haven't used it for more than an hour or used a headset so I really haven't had time or been social enough to get any Live friends.

Is there an XBOX equivalent of spam (sending out friend requests to several user names) or was I just not paying attention to who I was playing against?

4) I am thinking about getting the XBOX wireless network adapter. Does this work as promised or should I stay wired?

Thanks!
1) You can purchase a starter kit and extend it.

2) Sorry, don't know.

3) Probably someone who played against you. I haven't had any SPAM issues. Maybe you have a gamertag close to someone else's?

4) It works great for me. Go here and get the update so you can use it without broadcasting your SSID, etc

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/br..._mn740_102.htm

Search on this forum and the Tech Talk for info on using the wireless adapter. There is plenty of good info on it.